Why does nobody like Single Rectos

ClintN667

Seems like everytime Ive heard someone mention single rectos in the past it was negative. Have any of you guys tried/owned one. My friend Andrei got one a few weeks ago and posted a video but he is a guy like Frankhouser who can make a gorilla amp sound good with his playing.

Or is it something that might be just a mod or two away from being great? I'm about a min away from cancelling my QC order and just sticking with my current amps plus Monomyth's new amp whenever it comes out. But my buddy Daniel says that I need a Dual Rec in my stable and part of me would love to try one but its overwhelming with the revisions, models etc.

See if you can try a dual rectifier first and check whether you prefer the modern or vintage setting.

The single rec is modern only.

See if you can try a dual rectifier first and check whether you prefer the modern or vintage setting.

The single rec is modern only.
I had a series one single Rectifier a while ago. It had Clean and Pushed on channel 1, and Vintage and Modern on channel 2. Cool amp for sure. Boosted or not.

I had a series one single Rectifier a while ago. It had Clean and Pushed on channel 1, and Vintage and Modern on channel 2. Cool amp for sure. Boosted or not.

You're right. My mini-rec was labeled Vintage and Modern but I think those were voicing options.

Dual Rectifier has both a diode rectifier and a tube one.
Single is only diode.

It's been a long time, but that's what I remember being the deal.

Quick side note. The Bogner Atma and many other amps are "dual rectifier' and have
both tube or SS options via a switch. On most you can remove the tube from the
amp if you plan on going SS full time.

I hear a lot of people say they're too fizzy in the presence. They have balls just not the balls of the bigger Recto's of course

For 50 watts the single i had had balls but the tone stack was different than my dual.
It was workable but i traded the single for an ESP guitar.

If you like tight vs not tight I’d wait and grab a triple MW, Badlander or Triple G...or an F or earlier Dual.
All others have a ‘bloat’ in the low end that is hard to dial out.

Here is a video of mine a few years ago. Playing my cheap First Act guitar with stock low output (8.7k). I turn on my Bion Boost a couple of times. Most likely micing a Sheffield 1200 with a 57 and using iRig Pre to go into my iPhone. Drop B I think.

Not to hijack. But does anyone know if the singles have a normal loop? I had one years ago, and had no problem in a band mix at all. I just quit playing metal for awhile

Not to hijack. But does anyone know if the singles have a normal loop? I had one years ago, and had no problem in a band mix at all. I just quit playing metal for awhile
Mine had a parallel loop. I did the super easy mod to make it a series loop.

Not enough balls for a band situation
This
Sounds great, but the low end flubs out if you're trying to jam with a hard hitting rock drummer.. Also sounds bee buzzy at low volumes, lol, so that makes quiet home recording tough. There is a sweet spot where it delivers though.

Parallel.
One wire series mod is easy tho.

I had mailmans fja single recto and loved it,but hated the loop. Kinda wish I had kept it,but had my eyes on something else when I let it got to a bro.

I've own the single, Dual and a Tremoverb. I personally prefer the headroom of the bigger variants.

I've owned a Single and a Dual myself. The single is great especially for home jamming. People get hung up on the extra headroom. The single generally has enough even live IMO but yeah the Dual just delivers beastly in all situations better IME

Back