Wizard MC II - noob owner question

glip22

Rezamatix":1330vvrx said:
so , just got mine. Amazing. love it.
I have 1 issue only.
there is some hum when the amp is on standby that I can hear (is it the transformer?)
and when off standby, yet not playing at low volume a consistent hum.

Is there a way to adjust this??
please advise.
Is it a mechanical buzz Reez. That would be power transformer. I think you can just hear a little hum when the volume is off? Mine has a very little. Clean channel is dead quiet. These amps are very sensitive to preamp tubes. Try a regular JJecc83 in V1. My MCII had quite a bit of hum and that stopped it.

Rezamatix":28h0t6f8 said:
Thank you, which one is V1?
Surprisingly I don't hear it when going thru the Torpedo Studio at 8ohm, only hearing it thru the cab at 16ohm thru a real cab
Regular JJ in the slot closest to input jack. See if that helps. I run regular JJ's in the amp accept for the PI. They are the quietest in the Wizards. I normally do not like JJ but they work in the Wizards I have had.

Rezamatix":xyc9hgof said:
glip22":xyc9hgof said:
Rezamatix":xyc9hgof said:
Surprisingly I don't hear it when going thru the Torpedo Studio at 8ohm, only hearing it thru the cab at 16ohm thru a real cab
Regular JJ in the slot closest to input jack. See if that helps. I run regular JJ's in the amp accept for the PI. They are the quietest in the Wizards. I normally do not like JJ but they work in the Wizards I have had.

Well this fixed the HUM!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

At least the audible hum out of the speakers, the amp is of course still making its normal transformer sound.

OK. so NOW. what tube governs the FX Loop??
The truth why these amps are so picky with the pretubes is the grounding is not optimal. On the MCII and MTL there is no more ghosting like on the older unrevised amps but the preamp is all grounded together. Should have V1 and Pi on a separate ground but I still love mine. Input jacks should be isolated also but it's cool. They sound so rich and alive so I ignore that shit. Great amps!

V5 is the loop and v6 is the PI.

Yes, my MC2 is a little noisier than some of the other amps I have had but it sounds so freaking good I don't care. I have friends playing vintage Voxes and Marshalls and they're amps are noisier than my Wizard. I can't wait to get my MTL.

My MC 50 doesn't have a loop I kind of wish it did so I could utilize the power section when I switch heads I like running a W/D setup, Rezamatix sure has a great sound and touch which has me rethinking the way I look at my rig.

Rezamatix":1otdbxdj said:

MCII and Torpedo Studio, you are living out my dreams! Enjoy and post some clips if you can!?

Back