Xmas gift of cool tones - best present ever?

DanTravis62

Man, this Xmas I got two really great gifts - @Racerxrated graciously sold me his old 1960B with vented T75s, and I'm just getting started learning the ins and outs of micing it, and how it interacts with the Larry.

In @VESmedic awesome Colossus thread, he very graciously shared his lopass/high shelf method for post EQing heavy guitars which was something I had been trying to figure out forever! It has a specific sound that is heard all over the classic metal and thrash records of the late 80s and 90s.

Using these two gifts, I recorded a track yesterday as I was waiting for my familys xmas get together. I was really stoked about how it turned out - gear used was larry dino jm 822 (quad tracked british, double tracked scream), racers 1960b, a 421 and a 57, my silverburst les paul with @scottosan tonenerd roxy on all the rhythms, and my ancient us Strat with emg retroactives for leads. No drive pedals, just a strymon volante for echo on the leads.

Getting tones I really like is the best christmas present ever! Thanks to all the RTers who have contributed in small and large ways to my personal quest!

Thank you, and Merry Christmas all! I hope you guys all get cool tones in your stockings as well!
I'm doing some clips...get ready for some early 00's digital nostalgia lmao...

Attachments

• 0446BCFF-DBFD-43F6-A83A-C56EB7EF6BF0.jpeg
    0446BCFF-DBFD-43F6-A83A-C56EB7EF6BF0.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 20
Back