New song! (Larry content)

That's the real trick with the Dino.

Alot of amps people say "it doesn't even  need a boost, but I use one anyways"

The Dino doesnt need a boost, and sounds far better without one.
Would love to try one based off that alone.

I am that boost guy, I boost everything. I cannot even think of an amp I've had that I didnt boost.

Even the JP2C with internal boost I used an external instead. Lord give me the amp that has enough juice to not need to boost.

Larry's are just not something I will ever see but are there any other amps out there like that?

Would love to try one based off that alone.

I am that boost guy, I boost everything. I cannot even think of an amp I've had that I didnt boost.

Even the JP2C with internal boost I used an external instead. Lord give me the amp that has enough juice to not need to boost.

Larry's are just not something I will ever see but are there any other amps out there like that?
Certain amps actually sound a bit worse or ‘smaller’ with a boost. VHT Deliverance, Cam modded Marshalls, and the Wizard MTL I had all qualify. They were far better au natural.
Everything else though, I boost the shit out of.

Certain amps actually sound a bit worse or ‘smaller’ with a boost. VHT Deliverance, Cam modded Marshalls, and the Wizard MTL I had all qualify. They were far better au natural.
Everything else though, I boost the shit out of.

That's definitely the best word to describe it - they get "smaller" sounding.

That's not to say you can't get great tones boosting a 2203 or whatever; you absolutely can.

It's just interesting how with certain amps, like the dino, instead of a boost "tightening" or "focusing" the sound, it actually makes it sound less focused and just  less in general.

That's definitely the best word to describe it - they get "smaller" sounding.

That's not to say you can't get great tones boosting a 2203 or whatever; you absolutely can.

It's just interesting how with certain amps, like the dino, instead of a boost "tightening" or "focusing" the sound, it actually makes it sound less focused and just  less in general.
I guess boost is a subjective term.

I prefer more saturation and go for clean boosts I guess vs the tube screamer type. I do love the Maxon 808 but usually prefer to just add more of what's already there vs cutting all the lows.

I guess boost is a subjective term.

I prefer more saturation and go for clean boosts I guess vs the tube screamer type. I do love the Maxon 808 but usually prefer to just add more of what's already there vs cutting all the lows.

Yes. what I mean is that is doesn't matter what type of boost it is.

With the dino, the British and scream channels there's more usable gain and saturation than anyone could ever possibly need, so there's never any real use for a full range boost like a line driver or katana. and it's so tight and well voiced that using a TS/TC or other "tone shaper/lows cutter type pedals makes it sound worse, not better.

There's a handful of amps out there like this.

It's not really a question of better or worse, I absolutely love the sound of a tube screamer in front of a 2203 or the crunch channel of an SLO, but the dino is so completely different it's like a different universe.

Yes. what I mean is that is doesn't matter what type of boost it is.

With the dino, the British and scream channels there's more usable gain and saturation than anyone could ever possibly need, so there's never any real use for a full range boost like a line driver or katana. and it's so tight and well voiced that using a TS/TC or other "tone shaper/lows cutter type pedals makes it sound worse, not better.

There's a handful of amps out there like this.

It's not really a question of better or worse, I absolutely love the sound of a tube screamer in front of a 2203 or the crunch channel of an SLO, but the dino is so completely different it's like a different universe.
What other amps would you say are like this? Regarding the not needing a boost.

A Larry amp is something I will never have and I've come to terms with that but I think maybe a Wizard amp is sort of my bucket list amp and I'm guessing those amps are the same in that regard.

What other amps would you say are like this? Regarding the not needing a boost.

A Larry amp is something I will never have and I've come to terms with that but I think maybe a Wizard amp is sort of my bucket list amp and I'm guessing those amps are the same in that regard.
In my experience VHT stuff, Cameron mods and the 2 Wizards I had sounded for the worse with a boost(MTL and MC1). The MC1 did like a boost IF I kept the Saturation switch off; then it was like a 2203 in gain level and took a boost well.

Not exactly my cup of tea but well put together. The Dino sounds boxy and honky to me. I would definitely experiment with other speakers and cabs.

How did you convince the vocalist from Helloween to sing on your tune? Lolz.

The Roxy is such a good pickup. I have one in my Historic Makeovers R9 right now. Great output yet not overly bassy. Very clear and articulate.
I absolutely love @scottosan Roxy pickup

It just kills with a Les Paul, and the combo kills with my Larry.
Thanks guys. I love everything about this recording. The tone, the production, the vocals, everything!! Great job as usual.

Back