New song! (Larry content)

DanTravis62

This has taken a long time to get sorted, as I have been moving house, and the guest musicians took a while to get their parts done.

Thought the tones turned out great though! I'm not going for a "modern metal" sound, as far as the production, and I'm slowly working the kinks out. Ryan's stingray/ampeg bass tone sounds killer too. Brandon's solo tone (the end solo) maybe isn't my cup of tea but he's a great player. He used the Jason Richardson plugin.

My rhythms were my silverburst with tonenerd Roxy, straight into the Larry, Marshall t75, 57s in a fredman clip - my leads were the same rig except with my American strat with retroactives and a Strymon volante.

Listen to Angels Of Steel (Rough Mix) by dantravis62 on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/JdgF2

those Larry's have their own thing going for sure....wish I knew how to record shit...that sounded pro as fuck....
That they do, it's got its own high gain flavor unlike anything else.

And thanks man, I have worked in studios in the past, but my home recording gear is modest to say the very least 😂

To be honest my amp is so easy to record it's insane. Basically anyone with basic know-how could get killer tones with it.

I can't even fathom how great it would sound through real pres and converters

That is the tightest sound i have heard you record with yet. Very beautiful open chords sound, brother.

Thanks Chris 🤙it definitely has massive harmonics with open chords

The Larry does a specific thing with single notes, too - like the transient response and attack is super sharp and distinct

Sounds great Dan, you really capture the Larry Dino do’n it’s thing, tight, chunky, and organic with tons of upper harmonic content👍
Fantastic recording, great song!

That's the real thing that sets the Dino apart from other high gain amps.

Tightness but with all that juicy, organic high end content going on 🥵

Thanks Keith, you're the man!

Very cool song. Really liked the guitar tone and found myself wanting it a bit more upfront. That said, being a guitar player, I have a clear bias, so not worth anything of note, just my preference. Plus, I don't record for shit, so that's exactly how much I know on the subject.

Yeah that's the constant battle in your head when your engineer brain and your guitar brain clash.

I can put up some solo guitar tracks if you're really interested

Back