What pickups in your Flying V's

I would certainly be interested in hearing what you guys have to say here. I have been contemplating a pup change in my V as well but haven't really settled on particular brand or model as of yet. FWIW I play mostly covers in an 80's/90's hard rock/metal band. No modern brutal music.

Like any guitar it really will depend on the particular axe, but I've had good results w/an EMG 81 bridge & 89 neck, MCP Detroiter bridge & 2DBB neck, Duncan 59 bridge & neck, and a Duncan Distortion.

I actually had a Duncan distortion abridge and a Steve morse neck and it was a really bitc hin combo!!!

I'm thinking of going either Aldrich or Super Distortion in the bridge, tried a bunch, but not happy. '59 is always a winner in the neck position for me

zz666":12y3zwpk said:
I'm thinking of going either Aldrich or Super Distortion in the bridge, tried a bunch, but not happy. '59 is always a winner in the neck position for me
If you decide to go with the Aldrich get the pair. :yes:

Ive got the pair and I think the '59 is a superior neck pick up. I do have an Aldrich neck pup in my V at the moment and it's pretty sweet. I just think the '59 sings a little bit more for me.

LP Freak":n9uf6wyu said:
I've got an '01 V with Aldrich PUP's. Sounds killer.

Yeah man, I had a hell of a time finding the right piuckup for my 91 67 reissue. Tried a JB (which has been a favorite for me), 500t, SD distortion, Di marzio SD, 57 classic and landed on the Aldich. Way better than anything else I tried.

I would also make sure theo is a 500k pot in. Night and day diffeence. Especially witht he Aldrich

Depends on what you play. I absolutely love the Dimarzio SD in V's for old school hard rock/metal. It's a classic combo. And I have tried the Aldrich, BKP Nailbomb, and a bunch of Duncans and other Dimarzios.

BKP Ceramic Warpig in bridge = dark and heavy as hell. BKP Holy Diver in neck = medieval cleans. Perfect Guitar for me

All over the place on this one:

500t/498r
1993 rudy schenker v

JB/Jazz
1989 white v
1993 teal v

57 classic/57 classic
lonnie mack v

holdsworth/jazz
1987 custom v

custom custom/59
schecter v