Andy larocque's past gear?

Can anyone tell me what amps,pickups(duncans but which ones?) and guitars/effects andy used with KD on ABAGAIL and THEM?
also want to ask the same about pete blakk or whoever played the lead on "welcome home" ?

Marshall Valvestate I think. BC Rich guitars and PJ Marx pickups at some point. Abigail is an awesome album!!

I dont know but I wore out those tunes on cassette in my car in highschool... I think a boosted marshall 2203 should do the trick

metaltronix

Attachments

• slide287.jpg
    slide287.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 14,102
What is the definitive Andy Laroque solo? Hip a guy that didn't pay attention to King Diamond the first time around. Thanks

Chubtone":3a3lgehq said:
What is the definitive Andy Laroque solo? Hip a guy that didn't pay attention to King Diamond the first time around. Thanks
Get Abigail, Them and Conspiracy. There's tons of stuff there.

I have been searching for this info too, but can't find much of it. This is what he is currently using:
http://www.andylarocque.se/equipment.php

Andy is such a great player. Besides Abigail and Them, I think that Spiders lullaby, Voodoo, the Graveyard are mandatory to listen too. But yeah, tons of good stuff out there.

Chubtone":1c12q3ex said:

If you only had to get one CD, it would be Them.

Then you get Give Me Your Soul & Abigail

The Them solos are awesome however, the riffs are some of the best heavy metal riffs
EVER created.

Quite partial to the "Eye"

"Voodoo" was lacking song wise but man did he riff his balls out on that. Andy is fucking awesome

"Graveyard" was kinda weak.

"Conspiracy" also had it moments... hell most King stuff is pretty awesome. The Abigail II album kinda blew though but again, riffs off the charts.

At some point there was a Krank Revolution in the stable if I'm not mistaken.

Attachments

• side_equipment.jpg
    side_equipment.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 11,908
Andy kicked ass!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I loved his playing on Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy!!! Peter Blakk was also one hell of a guitarist!!!

Kapo_Polenton":201rr2qa said:
Best pairing they ever had was LAroque and Mike Wead. That was just fucking out of this world lead and rythm wise.

I disagree. Mike Wead kicks some serious musical ass, but for me the best guitar pair in KD was Larocque and Pete Blakk. The riffing and soloing on Them, Conspiracy, and The Eye is incredible.

BTW I know Mike Wead and Andy both are using Line 6 amps (HD 147s I think) currently and Marshalls for backups :shocked:

McGarnagle":3n07kcex said:
BTW I know Mike Wead and Andy both are using Line 6 amps (HD 147s I think) currently and Marshalls for backups :shocked:

From the comments under the vid, it appears to be the Line 6 Spider Valve MKII HD-100. Who would have thought that? Anyway, he has used a lot of amps throughout the years.

Fav combo of mine is still Andy with Michael Denner, there is a certain musicalness to his solo's that I like.

And a few days back:

mmmm.....this thread is relevant to my interests. Gonna have to listen to the harmony lines at the end of the solo on "A Mansion in the Darkness" off of Abigail. Still get chills from that one.

Back