I got temporary ban from TGP for the most pathetic reason.

Ha, everyone gets banned on TGP and runs over here to whine about it, yet every single case is like, ~"I tried to start talking about race/politics/conspiracy/boobs on a guitar forum". It's a guitar forum -- try using it to talk about guitar stuff.

Otherwise you're just wasting mods' time. Either immediately in your post or by starting a line of conversation that inevitably leads to wasting even more of their time.
Don’t be a fag.

I take issue with your characterization of what goes on at TGP. If people got busted for “pushing against the rules” in sub-forums where it isn’t welcome or appropriate, then actions from the mods can hardly come as a surprise.

But I don’t believe that’s what most people are talking about when they complain about TGP. The simple fact is that TGP’s moderation policies are draconian or way too sweeping in scope, and enforced in the most haphazard and laughably inconsistent manner imaginable. If people start hijacking plexi threads by interjecting diatribes on race relations, or napalming Led Zeppelin threads with lectures on immigration policy, or Brexit, or Trump, then they’re going to get smacked and rightly so. But WAY too often it’s a case of people making relatively innocent comments in the course of normal human conversation, and then having every word retroactively parsed by the morality police, not for the sake of keeping discussions organized and civil, but for sake of control.

I used to like TGP, but from where I sit the reality is the place is just rife with a mob of sniveling, pusillanimous social justice warriors masquerading as guitar enthusiasts. And all too often, they’re just looking for an excuse to report someone in order to ingratiate themselves with what is apparently a group of moderators who are manifestly unsuited to the task.

I’ve bought and sold, managed, and been a founding admin of some of the largest forums on the Internet and have about 20 years experience training moderators and writing Terms of Use policies. And I know from years of bitter experience just how thankless and frustrating a task moderating a large forum is. I’m protective of my own moderators because I know the s*** they have to put up with. Having said that, TGP’s policies are nonsensical, haphazardly enforced, and generally counter-productive. And the moderators appear to have been allowed to morph into control freaks with an agenda rather than a helpful part of the community.

I know what it’s like to battle trolls — REAL trolls — on the Internet, and I know it’s no fun. I’ve been cursed at, threatened with legal action, and even had a producer track me down and call me on my home phone to demand I ban a bunch of people who were pissing him off by posting honest reviews of his products that he didn’t appreciate. Had advertising pulled from one of my sites because I pissed off a big computer game company by allowing people to post unflattering user reviews. The point is, I’ve been there and done that.

The people running TGP are where I was about ten years ago or so, and I still had a lot to learn back then. I eventually came to understand that the free exchange of ideas — even outrageous or offensive ones — is what Internet forums are all about. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, meaning when people say outrageous things, which they will, the best thing to do is to leave their stupidity up there for the whole world to see. It’s sort of ugly, like making sausage, but in my experience it beats the hell out trying to tell other people what they can say and what they can’t.

Yes, there are limits, and every forum has to have rules. But those rules work best when they’re based on giving members the benefit of the doubt and promoting the free exchange of ideas, not attempting to play Reichsführer of the Internet.

Based and NetNaziFührerpilled.

I take issue with your characterization of what goes on at TGP. If people got busted for “pushing against the rules” in sub-forums where it isn’t welcome or appropriate, then actions from the mods can hardly come as a surprise.

But I don’t believe that’s what most people are talking about when they complain about TGP. The simple fact is that TGP’s moderation policies are draconian or way too sweeping in scope, and enforced in the most haphazard and laughably inconsistent manner imaginable. If people start hijacking plexi threads by interjecting diatribes on race relations, or napalming Led Zeppelin threads with lectures on immigration policy, or Brexit, or Trump, then they’re going to get smacked and rightly so. But WAY too often it’s a case of people making relatively innocent comments in the course of normal human conversation, and then having every word retroactively parsed by the morality police, not for the sake of keeping discussions organized and civil, but for sake of control.

I used to like TGP, but from where I sit the reality is the place is just rife with a mob of sniveling, pusillanimous social justice warriors masquerading as guitar enthusiasts. And all too often, they’re just looking for an excuse to report someone in order to ingratiate themselves with what is apparently a group of moderators who are manifestly unsuited to the task.

I’ve bought and sold, managed, and been a founding admin of some of the largest forums on the Internet and have about 20 years experience training moderators and writing Terms of Use policies. And I know from years of bitter experience just how thankless and frustrating a task moderating a large forum is. I’m protective of my own moderators because I know the s*** they have to put up with. Having said that, TGP’s policies are nonsensical, haphazardly enforced, and generally counter-productive. And the moderators appear to have been allowed to morph into control freaks with an agenda rather than a helpful part of the community.

I know what it’s like to battle trolls — REAL trolls — on the Internet, and I know it’s no fun. I’ve been cursed at, threatened with legal action, and even had a producer track me down and call me on my home phone to demand I ban a bunch of people who were pissing him off by posting honest reviews of his products that he didn’t appreciate. Had advertising pulled from one of my sites because I pissed off a big computer game company by allowing people to post unflattering user reviews. The point is, I’ve been there and done that.

The people running TGP are where I was about ten years ago or so, and I still had a lot to learn back then. I eventually came to understand that the free exchange of ideas — even outrageous or offensive ones — is what Internet forums are all about. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, meaning when people say outrageous things, which they will, the best thing to do is to leave their stupidity up there for the whole world to see. It’s sort of ugly, like making sausage, but in my experience it beats the hell out trying to tell other people what they can say and what they can’t.

Yes, there are limits, and every forum has to have rules. But those rules work best when they’re based on giving members the benefit of the doubt and promoting the free exchange of ideas, not attempting to play Reichsführer of the Internet.

This is 1000% correct.

People hijack guitar-related threads with social justice nonsense with abandon on TGP with zero consequences; whenever someone so much as sneezes back, they get banned.

DqiGVgZXgAAubLy.jpg

tgp is a pathetic bunch of nutt-huggers with 1st world problems that all huddle together trying to out-do/out-spend/impress each other.
I left that many years ago.
And fat mike needs a big punch in the mouth.

Last edited:
DqiGVgZXgAAubLy.jpg

tgp is a pathetic bunch of nutt-huggers with 1st world problems that all huddle together trying to out-do/out-spend/impress each others.
I left that many years ago.
And fat mike needs a big punch in the mouth.
I can't fucking stand anyone that puts the term "Big" in front of their name. There's always gotta be that one blues player that calls himself "Big Daddy" and I swear every one fucking sucks.

Yep. Wow they banned you? I hadn’t seen you there in a while. How’s the Larry been?

Yeah they permanently banned me.

For a literal "that's what your mom said last night" joke.

My Larry is absolutely fucking amazing, still. I'm glad I got on the list for a second one as soon as I got this one. It fits my playing so well, it makes me sound way better than I am - even with my terrible recording equipment.

Here's my most recent demo track; my first using the higher gain "scream" channel instead of the "British" channel I generally use.

My Larry is absolutely fucking amazing, still. I'm glad I got on the list for a second one as soon as I got this one. It fits my playing so well, it makes me sound way better than I am - even with my terrible recording equipment.

Here's my most recent demo track; my first using the higher gain "scream" channel instead of the "British" channel I generally use.

Well they demoted fat mike from "bant-a-maniac" moderator to just regular dipshit earlier this year as members had complained for years about being bant for the wrong color shoes but i suspect he's sucked the right peter and is back at "banna-mania" again.
That place is hopeless.

Killer clip, man! Great tune, playing, and the Larry sounds awesome. One of the, if not the best Larry clip I’ve heard.

Well they demoted fat mike from "bant-a-maniac" moderator to just regular dipshit earlier this year as members had complained for years about being bant for the wrong color shoes but i suspect he's sucked the right peter and is back at "banna-mania" again.
That place is hopeless.

Imagine sucking cock and being a bitch boy to be a moderator on a guitar forum. Hell, most of our mods don't even give a shit to be here, they are just nice enough to put up with our shit!

Killer clip, man! Great tune, playing, and the Larry sounds awesome. One of the, if not the best Larry clip I’ve heard.

Thank you @Beyond Black !

SBlue has some shorter, but professionally recorded clips over on the Larry subforum, if you're curious.

I'm not an amp collector/YouTuber/forum penis measuring type, I'm just a songwriter/band guy, or at least I was before covid -_- I appreciate the kind words!

larrys, unfortunately, suffer from a sort of "Schrodinger's clips" syndrome online, in that the vast majority of people who have them just have them to flex on other people. When decent players have them, they generally don't give a shit about posting clips for people, because theyre too busy actually making music ?

Back