I got temporary ban from TGP for the most pathetic reason.

Yeah they permanently banned me.

For a literal "that's what your mom said last night" joke.

My Larry is absolutely fucking amazing, still. I'm glad I got on the list for a second one as soon as I got this one. It fits my playing so well, it makes me sound way better than I am - even with my terrible recording equipment.

Here's my most recent demo track; my first using the higher gain "scream" channel instead of the "British" channel I generally use.

That tone sounds badass! I haven't liked much Larry I have heard but damn that sounds beastly

That tone sounds badass! I haven't liked much Larry I have heard but damn that sounds beastly

Appreciate it man! Unfortunately I have kinda hijacked this thread now ??

They are definitely a very specific tone, for a very specific style of player - I can totally understand not digging it. But for me personally, it was like finding guitar tone mana from the heavens after struggling with Boogies, and other brands and types of amps for years. Larrry just answered the age-old question of "how tight can an amp get and remain musical?" and has been plugging away in his niche making great stuff.

Appreciate it man! Unfortunately I have kinda hijacked this thread now ??

They are definitely a very specific tone, for a very specific style of player - I can totally understand not digging it. But for me personally, it was like finding guitar tone mana from the heavens after struggling with Boogies, and other brands and types of amps for years. Larrry just answered the age-old question of "how tight can an amp get and remain musical?" and has been plugging away in his niche making great stuff.
It's whatever makes you happy, honestly. I mean no way in hell would I pay $5000 for that amp. But it's not the tone I want. For someone who really feels like it is their sound they really want though...why not? There are people who constantly buy and sell chasing what they want and spend tons in shipping and time just finding what they think they want. Isn't that more crazy than just buying one you know you will keep and it fufills what you really want?

It's whatever makes you happy, honestly. I mean no way in hell would I pay $5000 for that amp. But it's not the tone I want. For someone who really feels like it is their sound they really want though...why not? There are people who constantly buy and sell chasing what they want and spend tons in shipping and time just finding what they think they want. Isn't that more crazy than just buying one you know you will keep and it fufills what you really want?

That's exactly the lesson I learned ?

I sold multiple amps to buy it, and not only was it worth it, it would have been worth it even if it was MORE expensive - like I said, even as spendy as they are, I immediately ordered a second. Since I got the first one, I spend way more time writing and recording music than I do dithering about tone and gear, for the first time in YEARS.

I just slap a 57 on the cab, and it sounds like you heard, with no fuss, every time.

@DanTravis62 seriously good clip and it's very much in the ballpark of where I would my tone to be.
Boosting my Engl Savage 60 I can get close, but it behaves a little different in the low-mids and mids. There's this 'je ne sais quoi' quality to the Larry tone, that bridges that last few percent and (to me almost, but not yet) warrants the price.

If someone could come up with a 4 channel amp, that has
-Cleans of a Fender Princeton/Mesa Mark
-Crunch of a Soldano meets Cameron
-High gain rhythm à la Larry (and Engl Savage), maybe with a boostable Diezel Herbert mode...
-High gain lead Mesa Mark IV, for that saturated, syrupy goodness... .

My Engl Invader does about almost...half of that. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I just stopped in to say threads like this need to die, and also, I have yet to see Krull add a single post of value to this entire forum. Why don't you hop on back to the Reddit subforums where weirdos like you belong?

Yes, I realize my hypocrisy in bumping this thread, but I couldn't help myself. K Bye!

If this should be in the OT please move it.
What a bunch of snowflake cry babies. I started a thread saying that a high school kid from Texas ran the 100m dash at 9.98, the fastest EVER BTW for a High Schooler, and I said that’s not even the most surprising part. That’s ALL I said. If you watch the video, the kid is white. Where the fuck is the offensive part? Yes, it’s rare for ANYONE to be that fast in High School but more rare to see a white athlete do it, those are plain facts. I can’t believe how thin skinned some people are.

"It's usually futile to talk Facts and Analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority, in their ignorance".-- T. Sowell

@DanTravis62 seriously good clip and it's very much in the ballpark of where I would my tone to be.
Boosting my Engl Savage 60 I can get close, but it behaves a little different in the low-mids and mids. There's this 'je ne sais quoi' quality to the Larry tone, that bridges that last few percent and (to me almost, but not yet) warrants the price.

If someone could come up with a 4 channel amp, that has
-Cleans of a Fender Princeton/Mesa Mark
-Crunch of a Soldano meets Cameron
-High gain rhythm à la Larry (and Engl Savage), maybe with a boostable Diezel Herbert mode...
-High gain lead Mesa Mark IV, for that saturated, syrupy goodness... .

My Engl Invader does about almost...half of that. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

As much as ANYONE would love that setup...
That amp is physically impossible ? or it would take 37 different tubes and 8 transformers and be the size of a refrigerator lol

Because what makes a Princeton sound like a Princeton is the tube rectification and small OT, and it's varying degrees of the same for all the other sounds - the Larry depends on very specific filtering, the Soldano depends on very careful preamp cascading, etc

If you knew someone who was very, very good with amp builds, you could probably do something like channel 1 - Plexi/jtm45 clean, channel 2 - Soldano OR Cameron crunch (just one,) channel 3 - Larryish British channel, 4 high gain insanity

Or, just get a Mesa boogie mark for those cleans and liquid leads ?‍♂️

Or, go the rack route, and grab a Larry rack pre, a Mesa Triaxis, etc

Or, go a modeling/profiling route, and get close but not exact to all those sounds ?‍♂️

I personally spend the vast majority of time tweaking and being picky about the ultra tight, medium/high gain rhythm tone personally though, and the Larry might be the king of those tones

The Larry has a gorgeous Hendrix-y plexi clean channel, but i personally prefer the chimey stuff for cleans - so I have a 93 matchless Clubman to scratch that itch.

Unfortunately, there's no way to truly get all those sounds in one box, though there's a couple ways to get close.

Back