VHX Help - firmware/presets

Just sent a message, but I figure maybe others might chime in. I'm using the Morningstar MC8 and would love to see a control change code to jump up a preset and down a preset. I'd also like to see a toggle FX only, leaving the preloop on.

What I've done was set up my controller for 6 presets or so, and then have one tuner preset, one for toggling FX. I could double button another control change code and kill the FX only, leaving preloop, should I wanna run a pedal still.

I will add the requested CC for the next beta release, togheter with per effect CC control (every effect has a dedicated toggle CC message)
Thank you for your feedback ?

I've never used MIDI but is this easy to set up? I use the Columbus floorboard which is an expensive channel switcher it seems. I'm just looking for something to turn effects on and off. Is this easy with a midi pedal?

you will need a midi pedal that can send PC (Program Changes) as well as CC /Control Changes).
so you can sent the PCs to switch a channel on the VHX (or any other midi amp) the CCs to turn effects on/off or change volume etc....

honestly spoken (and I am basically not a huge fan of this company) but from the possibilities a very cheap start would be the FCB1010

I use it since over 20 years now, and it works perfect (unfortunately the programming of the floorboard is a little bite like breakdance)...

but it works perfect with the VHX, as an example, you can set it up to change channels via 1-5 foot switch, and 6-10 can simply control single effects to turn of or on.. might be something you are looking for...

Regarding pc / cc foot controllers, in addition to the FCB1010, the old Rocktron Midimates can do it too and be found pretty cheap. Warning: they are not fun to program. There is no midi in or usb, so all of the programming is done with the footswitches. If you spend $5k on an amp, I think it is worth the extra money to buy a Morningstar, Ground Control, or similar controller that has an app or webpage to program it remotely. I'm thinking of upgrading my Rocktron just so I don't have to keep updating the patches the hard way.

I’m only looking to fx on and off. So I deed 6 switches. Will the Sungular sound or any like this just be plug and play? Can I easily set it up with the Midi software?

I'm using a Morningstar 6 on mine and it's pretty easy to program with their software, esp for a midi noob like me.

Was worried about the update to 2.0, but very easy to do.. Just like everything else with the VHX, the user interface design is so intuitive...

Just purchased a VHX second hand in Australia. Absolutely awesome amp and I’m loving it! Can I please be sent any new beta firmware as it’s available? email dean@mitre10retravision.com.au
I am currently using my fractal FM3 before the amp to handle the FX that I like to put before the pre-amp like wah and drive etc. It is working great and I am also using midi out of the FM3 to switch presets on the VHX. I would like to know if there are midi messages to control more of the amp parameters. From the manual I can see that there is already a fair bit that you can control but I wanted to be able to switch amp settings, switch boost on and off and other changes via midi. If it is possible it would be great if I could change all of the parameters via mid. This would open up a lot more possibilities. Thanks again for building an amazing AMP.

Just purchased a VHX second hand in Australia. Absolutely awesome amp and I’m loving it! Can I please be sent any new beta firmware as it’s available? email dean@mitre10retravision.com.au
I am currently using my fractal FM3 before the amp to handle the FX that I like to put before the pre-amp like wah and drive etc. It is working great and I am also using midi out of the FM3 to switch presets on the VHX. I would like to know if there are midi messages to control more of the amp parameters. From the manual I can see that there is already a fair bit that you can control but I wanted to be able to switch amp settings, switch boost on and off and other changes via midi. If it is possible it would be great if I could change all of the parameters via mid. This would open up a lot more possibilities. Thanks again for building an amazing AMP.
Yes would be nice to get a full list of CC parameters, so far from the Manual:

CC 1 Toggle POWER AMP MUTE and enables TUNER screen. CC 2 TAP TEMPO Global.
CC 3 TAP TEMPO for DELAY.
CC 4 TAP TEMPO for TREMOLO.
CC 6 PREAMP VOLUME +3db BOOST
CC 7 PREAMP VOLUME value.
CC 16 Toggle ALL FX and PREAMP LOOP. CC 17 Toggle PREAMP LOOP.
CC 18 Toggle FX 1.
CC 19 Toggle FX 2.
CC 20 Toggle FX 3.
CC 21 Toggle FX 4.
CC 22 Toggle FX 5.
CC 23 Toggle FX 6.
CC 64 Delay Level.

so the Boost you are looking is CC6. In addition:

CC 7 Global Volume
CC 8 Channel Volume
CC 69 Pitch Shifter
CC 9 Mid Cut
CC 68 Wha

not sure if there are more...

Dear Dean and welcome to VHX family :)

Currently the controllable parameter are the one in the manual, as zeen carefully listed!

But we are open to evaluate additional one!
Enjoy it :)

Currently the controllable parameter are the one in the manual, as zeen carefully listed!

Hi Leo, thanks for the reply. I'm just switching presets on the VHX via midi and that is working great, it would be handy to be able to control more parameters whilst in the preset but it's not really necessary. When I received the VHX the firmware was version 2.16. I then downloaded the firmware from the Diezel website and now I am on 2.0 so the one that was on the amp when I received it must have been a beta? If possible can you please send me the latest beta to dean@mitre10retravision.com.au
It might be a good idea to have a way of knowing what version the firmware is on the website because when I downloaded it I didn't know that it was 2.0 until it was installed.
Thank you

Hi, I just received my VHX about 2 weeks ago. It’s amazing. Im having so much fun learning how to dial in different sounds.
Could I be placed on the beta update list?
imm0rtality8@yahoo.com
Thanks!!! I’m loving it!

Back