Looking for more information from Rig-talk's most knowledgeable

If you don't mind, I want to use this post to springboard some random thoughts.

Most players don't know how set-up amplifier. If they did, they wouldn't be purchasing 100 watt tube driven amplifiers for home use. If you're not playing Madison Square Garden, you have no business using anything above 30 watts. Depending on the circuit, 30 (tube) watts can be excessive.

If you're not at least attempting to compose your own material, please, do not insinuate yourself into our art. You're either born an artist, or you're not. Many of you are, you just don't know it. You don't know it, because you've spent your time trying to be someone else. Once you have a firm knowledge of the instrument, your only interest should be the writing of original material. Do you see WVH touring his dad's music? No! He'll use a few tricks, as a tribute to his dad, but that's it. If he does do a VH song, he will make it his own, just as Ed did with covers.

Spending endless hours showcasing new amplifiers and distortion tones is a cop-out! You do it, because you're too lazy and/or uninterested in personal development. It could be that you don't have confidence in your abilities as a player? Either way, you're wasting precious time. Even if your compositions aren't very good, at least they're original. Just keep writing, and you'll eventually begin to create music you're happy with. To write a song, you begin with a melody, of course. I recommend using a keyboard (piano) for constructing a melody and harmony. Your keyboard should be as important to you as your guitar, maybe the more important. Regardless of your main instrument, everyone, including drummers, should know how to play piano. It's almost a prerequisite to calling yourself a musician.
1 You are cute. I write my own songs. I haven't played many on this because I haven't made it to writing a full song. If that means I am not an artist....damn, you have ruined my life.
2 Metal is something you don't know anything about, otherwise you wouldn't make yourself look so foolish. Distortion is as ugly a word to metal heads as it is to you. The only difference is we understand what it means where you don't. We also understand headroom, which you assuredly don't
3 Thanks for telling us what our only interests should be. You are so wise. You know. You should write a halfcocked book about tone like your dipshit friend above.

Most players don't know how set-up amplifier. If they did, they wouldn't be purchasing 100 watt tube driven amplifiers for home use. If you're not playing Madison Square Garden, you have no business using anything above 30 watts. Depending on the circuit, 30 (tube) watts can be excessive.

If you're not at least attempting to compose your own material, please, do not insinuate yourself into our art. You're either born an artist, or you're not. Many of you are, you just don't know it. You don't know it, because you've spent your time trying to be someone else. Once you have a firm knowledge of the instrument, your only interest should be the writing of original material. Do you see WVH touring his dad's music? No! He'll use a few tricks, as a tribute to his dad, but that's it. If he does do a VH song, he will make it his own, just as Ed did with covers.

Spending endless hours showcasing new amplifiers and distortion tones is a cop-out! You do it, because you're too lazy and/or uninterested in personal development. It could be that you don't have confidence in your abilities as a player? Either way, you're wasting precious time. Even if your compositions aren't very good, at least they're original. Just keep writing, and you'll eventually begin to create music you're happy with. To write a song, you begin with a melody, of course. I recommend using a keyboard (piano) for constructing a melody and harmony. Your keyboard should be as important to you as your guitar, maybe more important. Regardless of your main instrument, everyone, including drummers, should know how to play piano. It's almost a prerequisite to calling yourself a musician.
Also, lets explore for the sake of entertainment your wisdom and experience. Those of us that are so underexperienced to think we need 100 watts in the bedroom, we can get the same punch from this 30 watter, right? We just don't know how to dial in that punch?

Spending endless hours showcasing new amplifiers and distortion tones is a cop-out! You do it, because you're too lazy and/or uninterested in personal development. It could be that you don't have confidence in your abilities as a player? Either way, you're wasting precious time. Even if your compositions aren't very good, at least they're original. Just keep writing, and you'll eventually begin to create music you're happy with. To write a song, you begin with a melody, of course. I recommend using a keyboard (piano) for constructing a melody and harmony. Your keyboard should be as important to you as your guitar, maybe more important. Regardless of your main instrument, everyone, including drummers, should know how to play piano. It's almost a prerequisite to calling yourself a musician.

Wow this place is starting to suck ass

Moreover, if I wanted to have a tone pissing contest with you, I would downgrade your use of keyboard when I had a '60s yamaha U3 sitting to my right that I play and "compose" on you fucking pretentious moron.

1 You are cute. I write my own songs. I haven't played many on this because I haven't made it to writing a full song. If that means I am not an artist....damn, you have ruined my life.
2 Metal is something you don't know anything about, otherwise you wouldn't make yourself look so foolish. Distortion is as ugly a word to metal heads as it is to you. The only difference is we understand what it means where you don't. We also understand headroom, which you assuredly don't
3 Thanks for telling us what our only interests should be. You are so wise. You know. You should write a halfcocked book about tone like your dipshit friend above.
:hys:

Moreover, if I wanted to have a tone pissing contest with you, I would downgrade your use of keyboard when I had a '60s yamaha U3 sitting to my right that I play and "compose" on you fucking pretentious moron.
\:D/ Smashedguitarist be triggered!

Last edited:
Starting to? Where the fuck have you been, SS.org?
That place is much, much worse. I will say that for sure. But you definitely make some extremely arrogant opinions about what people do and don’t do, and what they should and shouldn’t own. I bought my first house with funds from touring all over the country in the most competitive music city in the world, am I worthy of the stuff I own or no? Just want to check.

Reactions: Geo
...classic Rig-Talk comment.

I mean, they 100 percent do for high gain. Where’s the lie? All those records done with el84s for high gain tones? Yea, not…..

Notice how many of the small amps that have come out lately often have full size transformers and “big” tubes, gee I wonder why that is? The MT—15 comes to mind, and sounds great.

That place is much, much worse. I will say that for sure. But you definitely make some extremely arrogant opinions about what people do and don’t do, and what they should and shouldn’t own. I bought my first house with funds from touring all over the country in the most competitive music city in the world, am I worthy of the stuff I own or no? Just want to check.
You should donate all that you own to charity.

Back