Mesa Boogie

Had my 1990 Mesa boogie mark Iva since about 2000. One of my most recorded amps, but also the one that I have used live the least.

I also have a Mesa ta15, which is my most gigged amp, but since I switched to an ampless setup, it’s not getting much use, so will probably be the first on the chopping block if gas strikes. It’s a great amp to use in a multi amp setup since you can dial in whatever voicing blends best with the other amp.

Mark V 90 watt Head
Mark III Purple Stripe Head
Strategy 400 Stereo Power Amp
Mesa Studio Pre
DC-5 1x12 combo
Late 80's 4x12 cab
1x12 Widebody Closed back cab

What’s your guy’s opinion on the quad vs mark 3? Feel like a quad with a ps2 would be a very cool little rig.

I have a couple of MKIII's and a Quad. They're definitely in the same ballpark. The Quad can be setup for four usable sounds at the same time, which is a huge benefit. It's only real downside is size and weight (w/ poweramp) in a rack. For fun at home though, it's great. Plus, translates to a stereo system with the poweramp.

I'll add that I have a .22+ combo that I've gigged a fair amount the last couple of decades: small light, and two pretty good sounds out of the box. Add a little pedalboard and life is good. I have a .50+ head that I picked up cheap and still need to repair, but I guess it technically counts.

Damn bro...that dime kills....
Not a Dime model. The actual Dean custom shop CAD software designation was RCMLF.
Rottingcorpse ML with Floyd. Seriously. Got to watch them make the CAD program.
Super pain in the ass because once they deleted the neck pickup they had to reroute the channel for the pickup selector switch wiring.
Plus the different routing for direct mounted pickup super close to the bridge.
And super deep cavern behind the Floyd for big pull back. And I wanted the single volume in a certain place.
And a bigger volute on the back of the headstock.
Still can't believe what they put up with for my custom builds.

Have:
IIC+ SRG, IIC+ DRG, IIC+ HG, JP2C, and a Dual Rectifier Rev G made by Mike B. I ordered a Badlander 100 in April 2021, which I don't think I'm getting at this point o_O. Love the Boogies. It's the only high gain sound I hear in my brain now. I've convinced my coworkers to buy Mesa Boogies too. I do, however, feel like I own too many and constantly think about selling them all and just keeping the JP2C.

0u5JkL9.jpg

Recently purchased a Tremoverb which replaced my desert island Reborn triple recto. Favorite amp to date. It slays pure and simple. The Tremoverb likes it some JJ E34L’s too. RFT in v1, Tungsgram ECC83 in v6 phase inverter, EH ecc83’s in rest of the slots 💪🏽🤟🏽

Previously owned:

Reborn Triple rec x2
Roadster
Green strip mk 3
Red stripe mk 3++
Several mk IV’s
A few mk V’s
2: One Hundred & 2:90 power amps
A few 2 channel dual recs
Silver chassis 2 channel Triple rec rev g (why oh why did I sell it 🤦🏼‍♂️)

Stiletto Trident
Triple Rec multiwatt
Studio Preamp
MB 50/50
Synergy IICP 🤣 cause I'm not forking shit out for a IIC+

iic+ DRG
Tremoverb combo that’s really early with a serial loop and serial number in the rev F range
4x12 OS

Mesa Mark IVB (2008) and this is staying! Absolutely the most versatile and best amp I ever had.

Had in the past:
- Mesa Dual Rectifier 3 channel (non multiwatt)
- Mesa OS 412
- Mesa Mark III (blue stripe) combo

Have:
IIC+ SRG, IIC+ DRG, IIC+ HG, JP2C, and a Dual Rectifier Rev G made by Mike B. I ordered a Badlander 100 in April 2021, which I don't think I'm getting at this point o_O. Love the Boogies. It's the only high gain sound I hear in my brain now. I've convinced my coworkers to buy Mesa Boogies too. I do, however, feel like I own too many and constantly think about selling them all and just keeping the JP2C.

0u5JkL9.jpg

What is the deal with blue one in the middle?
Interesting to hear you say you'd keep the JP2C
If you got rid of the rest of them. Why?
At this point you are in collectors mode so-
doesn't the current run on Mesa entice you to sell some?
And what happened to the Badlander order?

none now but over the years I've owned
2 Mark IV"A''s
Mark IV "B"
Mark III red stripe
Studio Pre
50/50 power amp
Rectoverb 50
Dual Recto Black face
don't really miss any of them except my Mark IV "B", that one was the best Boogie I ever got my hands on
I really wish I had held on to that one :(

What’s your guy’s opinion on the quad vs mark 3? Feel like a quad with a ps2 would be a very cool little rig.
I would say get any Fryette power amp other than a PS. The power station is incredible for its intended use as an attenuator (really a reamper), but as a standalone power amp, it doesn't begin to touch the real deal big boys like the 2502 etc. Even the LXII is better than the power stations as a standalone power amp.

Back