School me on handguns

GunBuyer.com in FL…brand I got was Magtech, no idea if they’re good but it was the cheapest. I usually get the 200 boxes of Winchester white box, but they didn’t show those in stock. Them being in FL means I get it quick here in GA.
I initially found them using the ammoseek website. Their customer service has been so good that they’re my first stop to see what they have. I’ve had a company from there (ammoseek) where the service was not good, so I don’t care about saving a cent or two a round…lol

Winchester White Box has had a lot of problems lately with 115 gr. 9mm. Or so I hear.

Magtech I haven't heard anything bad about, but it is made in Brazil if that matters to you. Especially when you can get Blazer Brass ( American made or Sellior and Bellot ( Czech made) for the same price.

I usually buy in bulk from SGAmmo, but a lot of times I buy local. Right now Dunns in Herculaneum ( right next to the old Pevely flea market) has piles and piles of Magtech in 115 and 124 for about $12/box. I also routinely check Denny Dennis, but they are usually high as hell. And Farm and Home in High Ridge usually has some decent deals. Don't even bother with Bucheits, they usually got it but they're real proud of it.

Winchester White Box has had a lot of problems lately with 115 gr. 9mm. Or so I hear.

Magtech I haven't heard anything bad about, but it is made in Brazil if that matters to you. Especially when you can get Blazer Brass ( American made or Sellior and Bellot ( Czech made) for the same price.
I’ve shot probably around 500-600 rounds of Whitebox (and other makes) since I got my Canik, late last year, without a failure. When an ammo is as mass produced as it is, reports of failure may seem higher than others but still statistically fall in line with average failure percentages. I haven’t heard anything about it but that doesn’t mean it isn’t out there for some.

I've shot thousands and thousands of rounds of WWB, primarily 230 gr but plenty of 124 and 124 NATO and never had a failure. I still have a good amount of it and I'm sure it's fine, but it's left over from a few years back. I know at least 4 guys though that have had issues with it in the last 2 years.

What I have been buying the last couple years is 124 and 147 gr Blazer Brass and HST and lots of Sellior and Bellot and Bronze 230 gr.
5.56 is all either Lake City stuff or IMI.

Back