School me on handguns

My Wife almost brought a tear to my eye tonight. I casually mentioned I needed to order some more practice rounds of a certain quantity and she said “are you sure that’s enough?”. So I doubled the order. I love her.
I've been putting Sam at SGAmmo's kids through law school lately.

I haven't busted any caps in a while..
Here's my HK P30SK with a 13 round mag. It's chubby, but feels like a fullsize in your hand.
The SK has the lightest double action pull between my P30L and HK45.

IMG_20230426_225845623.jpg

IMG_20230426_225911404.jpg

People that came up on striker fired guns will cry about DA pulls, but it's really no big deal.
You just learn the gun and that's it. You know the 1st pull is long and then the SA pulls are farther back.
I think Hammer Fires Guns are more interesting. I like the decocker on the back too..

I found that most of the heavy pull on those guns when they are new is the dry Hammer Spring.. Lubricate that, and dry fire practice with some Snap Caps and it does loosen up. My Trigger Finger has muscles.. LOL

HK45. Not the fastest or most capacity. Way to big to carry.
I think of it as a luxury Sedan with a Big Block and a smooth ride..

IMG_20230427_181509651.jpg

I found that most of the heavy pull on those guns when they are new is the dry Hammer Spring.. Lubricate that, and dry fire practice with some Snap Caps and it does loosen up. My Trigger Finger has muscles.. LOL
Yeah, I just put the gray guns light spring kit in it and the flat trigger. I was going to put the short reset kit in too, but I don't think it needs it.

Next one is going to be an HK45 or USP45. Elite or Tactical.

Back