• Thread starter Deleted member 43831
  • Start date
Or Fractal? Those fanboys know no bounds. Modelers for the win! Sounds exactly like the real amp!
No, they don’t.
In fact none of them do. Haha
Willing to do a blind A/B test? :p

Nah I get what you mean though, they have a "sound" to them. The community can be really helpful, or really unfair and brutal. There defo brand loyalists that take it a bit far.

^ Like clockwork. I don't get it ... why would you insult a person over a company. makes no sense to me. Sign of the times I guess.
Nope. Don't own one, don't know much about them and probably never will. I insult people that appear to open an account here and start a troll thread with vague statements and accusations without jack shit to back them up.
While you're here, stop on by OT Central, we'll have a lot of fun with you :LOL:

But that's not even the main issue here. The actual issue is people not being happy with a device and asking for more from the company. So basically asking for more value to the benefit of EVERY owner.
Then you get idiot owners shouting things like "stop complaining, I'm very happy the way it is now" ... against their own benefit. It's just illogical.
There you go, a little CONTEXT. Was that so hard?

Willing to do a blind A/B test? :p

Nah I get what you mean though, they have a "sound" to them. The community can be really helpful, or really unfair and brutal. There defo brand loyalists that take it a bit far.
I’ve owned the AX8, and it fell seriously short. In fact my early 90s Digitech GSP 21 sounded better to me lol.
I’ve played a Kemper and it sounded closer but the feel was worse than the Fractal.
I have heard the new Fractal is much better though.
They are killer tools to use direct and to record with.
But to my ear they still fall short…well short in fact to the real deal.

I’ve owned the AX8, and it fell seriously short. In fact my early 90s Digitech GSP 21 sounded better to me lol.
I’ve played a Kemper and it sounded closer but the feel was worse than the Fractal.
I'm sitting here next to my AxeFX Ultra and AxeFX 2, and nothing you said triggered me. So clearly I need to get back on the Fractal forum and fire up some cognitive dissonance! haha

The intended use plays a lot into this; IE- expecting a modeler going direct into a PA system to sound/feel like a 100 watt half stack onstage is going to be a fruitless effort. Same thing with going into an FRFR cab onstage. Doesn’t matter how much you crank it, it’s not going to feel like a head/cab cranked up. It’s replicating a different aspect of the signal chain.

In the studio I go direct with an AxeFX, live I’m going into two actual guitar cabs and get all the same pickup/speaker interaction I always got with my former amp rigs. And you can crank them until the pants flap around all ya want.

Hahahaha I immediately thought of NDSP/QC when I saw the thread title.

I got banned from TGP for discussing this exact thing and taking a peek over the last few months it seems the QCAnons have gotten the majority of NDSP dissenters banned at this point. It was interesting to see how a lot of that went down, especially when it was moderators of NDSP’s own forums/Discord that weren’t disclosing they were affiliated with NDSP who were getting people banned and TGP had no qualms over it when the dust settled.

NDSP straight up doesn’t give a fuck what they’ve said themselves in the past. They’ve been caught in straight up lies; the hybrid switching being the most blatant one since they had a fucking press release before the QC was shipping stating they implemented hybrid switching and were all excited about it, only for 9 months or so to pass and Doug to flat out say “They haven’t even begun working on it yet.” on TGP.

They’ve omitted amps from the QC that were advertised pre-launch and released them as paid-for plug-ins since (Mesa MKIIC+/Petrucci plug-in) and if I remember right, something from the Corey Wong suite. Doug had no problem bragging about how easy it would be to get the plug-ins working on the QC and 18 months after it’s release they had to admit it’s a much larger task than they anticipated and they can’t even predict when it’ll be completed.

Overall, it seems Doug Casto wrote down a list of cool shit he’d like to see on a modeler on a cocktail napkin without ever doing a deep dive into what current modeling is capable of, then handed that list to a group of programmers and said “Make it so!” Now they’re playing catch-up on the most basic shit that should have been included at launch and it’s rather laughable for all the marketing they put behind it. “World’s most powerful modeling unit……but there’s no editor for it so you have to keep it on your desk to program it unless you want to bend over your pedalboard to program it. World’s most powerful modeling unit but you’ve got to plug something grounded into it or it’ll buzz like fucking crazy because we shipped it with a piece of shit PSU and even though we promised we’d be shipping out new PSU’s, we’ve now realized we need to hire a boutique PSU supplier to build us our own special PSU because we didn’t know what the fuck we were doing. Most powerful modeling unit but if you want to do anything advanced with it, you need to buy a separate MIDI controller or plug a MIDI cable into itself to do anything because whatever you’re trying to do wasn’t written down on that stick-it note Doug handed us when this project started.”

And if you bring any of this up on TGP, the loyalist will come out with gnashed teeth to let you know they love the form factor and it does what they need it to, so you’re insight on NDSP’s shortcomings isn’t grounded in reality.

18 months into it’s release and it’s still missing a ton of shit that was advertised initially. I don’t even think NDSP gives a shit because they’re still moving units. You also aren’t allowed to discuss the missing features on any of their official outlets or you’ll be banned.

Definitely a company I’d never give a fucking dollar to.

The intended use plays a lot into this; IE- expecting a modeler going direct into a PA system to sound/feel like a 100 watt half stack onstage is going to be a fruitless effort. Same thing with going into an FRFR cab onstage. Doesn’t matter how much you crank it, it’s not going to feel like a head/cab cranked up. It’s replicating a different aspect of the signal chain.

In the studio I go direct with an AxeFX, live I’m going into two actual guitar cabs and get all the same pickup/speaker interaction I always got with my former amp rigs. And you can crank them until the pants flap around all ya want.
Yep, direct for recording or playing into a Pa they are great. Wonderful tools to add to a gear collection.
But they won’t replace any tube amp anytime soon. And, I tried it with FRFR, stand alone power amps/ fx returns of tube amps through my 4x12s.
Nada

Most guitar or amp companies over promise and underdeliver. It’s been my sig for years. This is because most of these companies are run by musicians, artists, or engineers, who may be brilliant but don’t (1) have any business acumen or (2) customer service skills. Or in Cameron’s case, a massive drug addiction.

In other words, these companies are run by flakes who don’t know what they are doing. They start with a great sales pitch, a few testimonials, it all starts off well and then they drown when they get flooded with orders.

Yep, direct for recording or playing into a Pa they are great. Wonderful tools to add to a gear collection.
But they won’t replace any tube amp anytime soon. And, I tried it with FRFR, stand alone power amps/ fx returns of tube amps through my 4x12s.
Nada

Well, they won't replace a tube amp for you anytime soon. They've already been doing that for many others for over a decade now.

I'm not even stoked with just coming out of the PA, if I'm playing live I still want cabs behind me and not some FRFR thing that are basically glorified studio monitors. With my FM9 rig I have the two 2x12's behind me and still have a tap off the amp block, feeding a cab sim that can go to FOH if necessary. Even better, I get to go stereo onstage while giving FOH a mono signal. There are far too many variables that define the final result (what the audience is hearing) that have made me simply not care about tiny details.

Also got banned there on that thread. Still what got to me was not necessarily the company but the idiots ( especially of the pre-order type ) who'd call you a troll for pointing out reasonable concerns. That was also the reason why I chose to give that specific reason in the OP. I see that some of them had switched sides by now - Better late than never. Initially I thought most of them were shills but apparently these are real people. Kinda sad and not the only time I've seen this happen.
Tbh it's nice being a company owner in 2022. Critical thinking is a thing of the past with a large group of people. You can push whatever the fuk you want and you still get them following you like simps on onlyfans.

I considered 'my work' to be done when there were equally as many owners complaining about NDSP as there were non-owners.

And while it might seem like a waste of time to put any effort into discussing it if I had no interest in being an owner; well, I dig gear and especially love modeling. I pick up trash in the parking lot of my apartment complex when I'm walking around because I like the area I'm in to be nice, I don't see it any differently with gear. If everyone just went off the word of the "I like the form factor and it does what I need it to", it'd be doing a disservice to the guitar-playing community, IMO.

Not that different than letting people know about Vertex/Cameron/TMG/etc.

Won't get you far with what? In my opinion you gotta be retarded to defend a company against people asking for more from them!
Are you a QC owner by any chance?
Using the word retarded shows lack of intelligence and decency.

Dude, I didn't want to name any company because that's besides the point. I don't want this to turn into a company bashing thread. The main characters here are "clueless users" not the company itself. If I were the head of those companies I would be happy as well and do things exactly the same !
I don’t see how the users are clueless if they like the product / company and support it. Different experiences and preferences. Not everyone feels the same as you about things. Empathy ;).

Back