• Thread starter Deleted member 43831
  • Start date
I am obviously not talking about happy users who will express their positive opinions on a product/company.
I am talking about those people who will go after anyone who dares to express their less than positive opinions and/or ask for for more from a company.
See the difference?
Has nothing to do with intelligence IMHO.

I think this whole thread is retarded

QGVy9Cy.gif

Hahahaha I immediately thought of NDSP/QC when I saw the thread title.

I got banned from TGP for discussing this exact thing and taking a peek over the last few months it seems the QCAnons have gotten the majority of NDSP dissenters banned at this point. It was interesting to see how a lot of that went down, especially when it was moderators of NDSP’s own forums/Discord that weren’t disclosing they were affiliated with NDSP who were getting people banned and TGP had no qualms over it when the dust settled.

NDSP straight up doesn’t give a fuck what they’ve said themselves in the past. They’ve been caught in straight up lies; the hybrid switching being the most blatant one since they had a fucking press release before the QC was shipping stating they implemented hybrid switching and were all excited about it, only for 9 months or so to pass and Doug to flat out say “They haven’t even begun working on it yet.” on TGP.

They’ve omitted amps from the QC that were advertised pre-launch and released them as paid-for plug-ins since (Mesa MKIIC+/Petrucci plug-in) and if I remember right, something from the Corey Wong suite. Doug had no problem bragging about how easy it would be to get the plug-ins working on the QC and 18 months after it’s release they had to admit it’s a much larger task than they anticipated and they can’t even predict when it’ll be completed.

Overall, it seems Doug Casto wrote down a list of cool shit he’d like to see on a modeler on a cocktail napkin without ever doing a deep dive into what current modeling is capable of, then handed that list to a group of programmers and said “Make it so!” Now they’re playing catch-up on the most basic shit that should have been included at launch and it’s rather laughable for all the marketing they put behind it. “World’s most powerful modeling unit……but there’s no editor for it so you have to keep it on your desk to program it unless you want to bend over your pedalboard to program it. World’s most powerful modeling unit but you’ve got to plug something grounded into it or it’ll buzz like fucking crazy because we shipped it with a piece of shit PSU and even though we promised we’d be shipping out new PSU’s, we’ve now realized we need to hire a boutique PSU supplier to build us our own special PSU because we didn’t know what the fuck we were doing. Most powerful modeling unit but if you want to do anything advanced with it, you need to buy a separate MIDI controller or plug a MIDI cable into itself to do anything because whatever you’re trying to do wasn’t written down on that stick-it note Doug handed us when this project started.”

And if you bring any of this up on TGP, the loyalist will come out with gnashed teeth to let you know they love the form factor and it does what they need it to, so you’re insight on NDSP’s shortcomings isn’t grounded in reality.

18 months into it’s release and it’s still missing a ton of shit that was advertised initially. I don’t even think NDSP gives a shit because they’re still moving units. You also aren’t allowed to discuss the missing features on any of their official outlets or you’ll be banned.

Definitely a company I’d never give a fucking dollar to.
That's bizarre.

A company may not have control over rabid fans but I don't like doing business with companies who try to silence criticism or any negative feedback.

Yep, direct for recording or playing into a Pa they are great. Wonderful tools to add to a gear collection.
But they won’t replace any tube amp anytime soon. And, I tried it with FRFR, stand alone power amps/ fx returns of tube amps through my 4x12s.
Nada
Nope. Not close. I played the new axe3 through old vht power amp and it was ok. A lot better than the feel of the Kemper which I found to be atrocious.

It's similar to the car world. People shill the brand they've decided to identify with. The corporation don't care, they are just happy your now a free advertising droid for them. Objectivity goes out the window in favour of nostalgia and emotions.
"X car good cus I like it, Z car bad cus you like it."

There's quite a few things in life that annoy me, but someone being loyal to a brand - even to a fault - is not one of them. That's their thing entirely and has zero effect on my life.

Try and put your energy into questioning things that matter - not why some folks on TGP are enamoured with their Quad Vortex toy. Important, big life questions - like do Chinese V30's sound as good as the UK ones, or should I try a different string brand?

There used to be a guy on here that was all in on the Quad Cortex. I can't remember who it was, but he was balls to the wall bat shit crazy. That's for sure....

Sounds politically correct and nice until you own a buggy/unfinished product and the zombie fanbase defend the company to the point they have no reason to comply and fix it.
That's when it stops being "their thing entirely" and becomes your thing. Not to mention that this creates a trend in the market.
That's just, like, your opinion man....
Perhaps their's is different.

Back