2204 straight in

Shiny_Surface

I boost a lot of amps and am known for it, won't deny that. :LOL: :LOL:

Had some drinks so this is kind of sloppy, but plugged straight into the 2204 for a brief clip and still enjoy the medium gain bark/crunch that it delivers. :)

This wasn't recorded very loud at all, it sounds much better with a little more volume. Contrary to what some people say though, it doesn't need to be pegged with power amp clipping or anything like that. But just enough for a solid backing for the preamp crunch. Again just imo. :)

Sounds good, sounds like you are picking with a very soft touch and if you really banged on those chords hard could get a lot more gain out of it. Oddly enough I've never owned one of these and have been looking hard at them but need to learn more about the different years and so forth. What year is this one and I'm thinking I remember you saying you installed a loop? If so how does it perform. Also are they pretty loose sounding in the low E area? And that cat with the exception of the tail looks like a dead ringer for our Maine coon mix cat.

Thank for the comments, I appreciate it as always. :)

You're right about the picking, I was picking softly for the most part (was a little loose at the time I made it :doh: ).

I usually put text descriptions of the signal chain right in the video so you know right away. It's an '83 with a tube buffered effects loop. Other than that it's stock. The amp has been serviced with the filter caps replaced, etc. :thumbsup:

Love my 2204's...regardless of what amps come/go...I never am without this amp.

I actually have (3) of the 4104 (212 combo versions). I have reqired them slightly to match the 2204 head version and they sound amazing!!!

thanks for the post.

sjk":crzkz0p8 said:
Sounds good, sounds like you are picking with a very soft touch and if you really banged on those chords hard could get a lot more gain out of it.

That was my thought as well. I have a heavy hand so I find the need to lower my pickups a bit to tame the attack.

1923ford":240wmtnt said:
Love my 2204's...regardless of what amps come/go...I never am without this amp.

I actually have (3) of the 4104 (212 combo versions). I have reqired them slightly to match the 2204 head version and they sound amazing!!!

thanks for the post.

I love the combo version... I have an 82 4104 as well, love this thing. What did you change? To my knowledge the only diff is that there is a cap on the mid pot to tame the brightness a bit. I rather liked this as it took away a bit of the hardness or bite when running with pedals without having to turn the treble down. I run my 2204 clone head with the treble at around 4 vs the combo which i run at 6. I have swapped out a few parts to get a bit more gain but i still need to boost it to get to saturated territory.

awesome =)

strange coincidence i got the same amp model from the same year , definitely my favourite amp over the years, can do pretty much everything classic rock and up

Yep. That's the sound most of us grew up loving. Funny when you think about how far we go to get it, and it's right there in a Marshall.

thenine":377oy7ea said:
Man, I cant believe your cat hung in for that. My cats bail in nano seconds!

....now lets see what happens when you boost the amp and add volume. See if that cat hangs in there.

Back