3 doors down Guitarist died.

Loudness250

I heard some reports it was an overdose. I was never a big fan of this band but I don't get how these guys can get down on themselves so much, like the puddle of mudd singer. It's like yeah you had some success in music! hello! That's more than most of us can say, it's a good thing, you made it big. It doesn't last forever. I don't know, it's sad.

I'm hearing it was heroin. Really sucks. Anyone who gets into that is either going to die or fight it for the rest of their lives. Massive props to those that can fend that shit off once they've been on it.

candletears7":26qdj7fz said:
I'm hearing it was heroin. Really sucks. Anyone who gets into that is either going to die or fight it for the rest of their lives. Massive props to those that can fend that shit off once they've been on it.
From what I'm reading they're saying it was pills. He had a pill habit and he was mixing it with meds for poor circulation. Seems like it's purely speculation at this point though.

87f0e4e37e7e43a583c5193dd2c914d5.jpg

Addiction kills people, this guy had several court ordered treatments he also had a bad wreck where he hurt people [i believe].

Recovery is not for those who "need" it but those who "want" it.

I celebrated 15 years continuous sobriety in July.

I did everything i always wanted to do with booze & drugs and it caused me nothing but problems in every area of my life, im not missing a thing.

You have to get to a point and [stay] at a point that you will go to any lengths to stay sober.

Its not hard but it takes daily effort.

15 years ago my life was in the toilet and today im living a dream not from what ive done but from what other have done for me as far as 12 step stuff.

But you have to put things into action and be committed to change.

I hear the stories of people i know dying all the time, it only re-affirms my commitment to sobriety.

A journey of 1000 miles all starts with the first step ...

Motorpud":1534g54w said:
candletears7":1534g54w said:
From what I'm reading they're saying it was pills. He had a pill habit and he was mixing it with meds for poor circulation. Seems like it's purely speculation at this point though.

I think your close I am guessing accidental from all the interviews and shows
I have seen that guy had it together drank water went to the gym
Likely a pain meds thing
He was one I would never think heroin
But I guess you never know

Edit. Sorry thought it was the other bigger guy that plays triamps

America is in the thick of an opiate haze right now. Funny thing is your Doctors gets you hooked with "prescription" opiates and then some switch to Heroin because it's cheaper. Prescription meds are a more wide reaching problem than illegal drugs and those drugs are kept illegal so the privately run prisons will have "inventory".

Chester Nimitz":qq7130rs said:

Addiction kills people, this guy had several court ordered treatments he also had a bad wreck where he hurt people [i believe].

I did everything i always wanted to do with booze & drugs and it caused me nothing but problems in every area of my life, im not missing a thing.

You have to get to a point and [stay] at a point that you will go to any lengths to stay sober.

15 years ago my life was in the toilet and today im living a dream not from what ive done but from what other have done for me as far as 12 step stuff.

I hear the stories of people i know dying all the time, it only re-affirms my commitment to sobriety.

Yep and congrats. Just lost a stepbrother to Heroin. Is a shame.
I liked 3 Doors Down, RIP.

Chester Nimitz":5dc69g6g said:

While the OP is about the dude from 3DD, this post reflects it all - to anyone and everyone - in it, out of it, or dead from it.

"It's a long walk down that track, it's a dirty walk in it's a dirty walk back".

I'm kissing 11 years. And when I started this process they said all I had to do was change only one thing.

Everything.

Sucked to say goodbye to people, parties, routines, comfort zones, habits, the union created through booze and drug fuelled commiserating, and the like; but I'd not change it for the world. I wish those we've lost and those who are well on their way could realize there's another way out - takes work, but it's way worth the suffering, pain and destruction created by not doing the work.

RIP.

skoora":3okofb4q said:
America is in the thick of an opiate haze right now. Funny thing is your Doctors gets you hooked with "prescription" opiates and then some switch to Heroin because it's cheaper. Prescription meds are a more wide reaching problem than illegal drugs and those drugs are kept illegal so the privately run prisons will have "inventory".
I work in the medical field and people seem to want to blame docs for everything today....patients need to take responsibility for following the recommended schedule for meds. If they don't then its an easier path to addiction. Now the problem is that docs will refuse to prescribe meds to people who may really need them. Believe it or not there are people who actually need narcotic pain meds. Not everyone is a drug seeker. Not saying you are blaming docs but that seems to be the opinion today. And its wrong. Yes there are some who over prescribe...and they need to be disciplined. But people have to be smart and use the meds as intended. If they don't then they have no one to blame but themselves.

Chester Nimitz":1xs4z452 said:

Glad to see you helped yourself get clean. Way to go!!!

Chester Nimitz":1z5vd4gl said:

Good for you, you must be happy. The 12 step stuff does not work for everyone, and since you've been involved in it so long you should know that as well as anyone.

RIP. Very sad event.

milkchickenbomb":11moiqvz said:
Chester Nimitz":11moiqvz said:

Good for you, you must be happy. The 12 step stuff does not work for everyone, and since you've been involved in it so long you should know that as well as anyone.

RIP. Very sad event.
Ive never met anyone that couldn't get sober & clear the wreckage of their past with the 12 steps & 12 traditions that honestly sought it with an honest open desire.

Unfortunately not everybody does that but they always have that choice.

I could get a bottle tonight but im not prepared to pay the price that comes with that.

Today i have the Power of choice.

Nobody gets to the doors of a 12 step meeting on a winning streak.

LSR-PLQ-ACC-6.jpg

I forgot. Which step is it when you use a tragic death as an opportunity to self righteously promote a coffee drinking/cigarette smoking club?

milkchickenbomb":2wbepwi1 said:
I forgot. Which step is it when you use a tragic death as an opportunity to self righteously promote a coffee drinking/cigarette smoking club?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/cr ... /77284292/

Todd Harrell killed and innocent man a year ago why don't you ask the victims family ?

This guy could have gotten on board with the human race a long time ago.

The only "tragedy" is he preferred insanity instead of life.

There is no cure for Stupid.

milkchickenbomb":2jkdcmbm said:

Open a thread about a pill overdose only to see a bunch of AA memes. :LOL: :LOL:

Back