Acceptance of reality

i know some big bands that have gone to the studio with 30 or 40 songs where the producer might have kept three or four and used the rest to piece together however many more for an album. i always thought that sounded crazy but thats the way it is

i know some big bands that have gone to the studio with 30 or 40 songs where the producer might have kept three or four and used the rest to piece together however many more for an album. i always thought that sounded crazy but thats the way it is
how many times has the 'filler' song become the biggest hit on an album...? who knows what ppl will end up liking...once its put through few 'hands' in the studio... wayward son comes to mind immediately...but i heard of numerous others...billy joels 'we didn't start the fire' started as a country waltz until producer saw more potential in it ... relax and compose if you love doing it...

Ok, here's a song I'm almost done with.

This is only a sample of the intro. The whole thing will be released soon. I'm working with a drummer/producer to record it.

BEFORE YOU LISTEN, please know I I"M WELL AWARE that its very derivative and is basically ripping off a couple of popular songs you guys have all heard. But its really my first song that I've completed.

ALSO BEFORE YOU LISTEN, please be aware that this is just a scratch demo I made this morning, not the real thing.

There's also no bass in this demo.

I can’t even write riffs.

Well, I can, but they suck.

I try to write simple stuff like someone suggested, but they always sound so lifeless and lacking umph/energy when I record them. Where dimebag can make a simple riff sound like it’s got so much energy and so much more life when it’s just 3 notes.

I never can get the tone or overall sound I’m looking for. It seems to flow out of everyone else, but for me it’s impossible to get.
You might just be real hard on your self . I am and sometimes I look back and it’s like that’s better then I thought at the time

I really like that Nile song featuring an Egyptian theme with spooky ancient sound effects at the beginning. They should do a whole album of that.
He has some solo stuff I need to check out. Have you ever seen how much he scallops his fretboard? That shit is almost comical.

Back