Amazed by a new gemini.. build shots, Way cool design.

I drank the Koolaid. Listened to all the clips I could find. I plunked down the pay pal and took the plunge.

My Gemini arrived today and I had about 2 hours to mess with it.

I forgot to bring the manual home from work. It sounded great. I called Kyle about some self created problem, he solved that. Then he just started explaining controls while I was messing with the amp. How cool is that?

This is pretty cool about the Gemini and worth mentioning. I have not found this in print or any of the reviews.

V1 is for the clean channel. V2 and 3 are for the crunch and colossus high gain side.

The end result is that i was able to roll a few great NOS tubes thru V1 for unheard of great cleans. I was trying a few vintage old Fender amps, a 68 Princeton and Deluxe Reverb. No kidding, with Kyles ideas and a good tube, channel 1 and a Suhr Tele sounded 100% as good as a vintage Deluxe Verb.

Usually the clean channel is decent, or even pretty good. The MKIIC has a great clean channel. But Rhodes hit the ball out of the park with hands down the best clean channel in a super high gain amp. The high gain brutality is well known. The idea of having separate channel preamp tubes was great.

So far, with 2 hours in and personal tweak ideas from the builder, the Rhodes Gemini is as good as the hype. It was packed wrapped in bubble wrap, planks of styro around it, put in a snug box. Then put in a larger box, totally surrounded by foam packing.

:thumbsup:

Sounds cool. I luv builders like that. Ron is working with me on an issue that is most likely my dumb ass fault and just not seeing the right thing on my GT mastermind :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

That is great! +2 on the direct communication with the builder. Scott Splawn picks up the phone at his shop and is really genuine and speaks to you like a human being, not making you feel like an asshole for calling. :thumbsup: !

I need to set up a photobucket and clip place. I know, I'm a slacker...

Kyle can post build progress pics if he wants. He actually sent pics as the last batch of amps were being put together. From the basic rectangle box, gut shots partly wired, chassis done on a table for tune burn in, glowing...

1meanplexi":2dg9j519 said:
That is great! +2 on the direct communication with the builder. Scott Splawn picks up the phone at his shop and is really genuine and speaks to you like a human being, not making you feel like an asshole for calling. :thumbsup: !

Atlanta Discount Music carries Splawn. The Street Rod is a killer little combo! I have played many Splawns thru the Splawn cabs. The cabs are pretty killer as well. A 4x12 sounds massive already, but those punch you in the kidney...

Heritage Softail":2vgbq482 said:
Mailman1971":2vgbq482 said:
rlord1974":2vgbq482 said:
This is epic. We require pics - and plenty of them.
For sure....naked ones. You may wear a ball cap and boots only. :thumbsup:
Oh yeah....post some of the amp as well. :LOL: :LOL:

I will ask Kyle to put some up.

Tell him we would like to see some of the amp as well......

Mailman1971":3b7vqlq5 said:
rlord1974":3b7vqlq5 said:
Heritage Softail":3b7vqlq5 said:
Mailman1971":3b7vqlq5 said:
rlord1974":3b7vqlq5 said:
This is epic. We require pics - and plenty of them.
For sure....naked ones. You may wear a ball cap and boots only. :thumbsup:
Oh yeah....post some of the amp as well. :LOL: :LOL:

I will ask Kyle to put some up.

Tell him we would like to see some of the amp as well......
:hys:
:LOL: :LOL: :hys: :clap:

Back