Anderson locking tuners?

thanks! :rock:

Grover apparently. You'd think for 4 grand they'd include that with guitar! :confused:

The fact that the screw lock on top tightens the opposite direction as the string tightens is what is pissing me off! :doh:

Planet Waves for the win! :thumbsup:

:confused:

You just pull the string thru the hole in the post and wind up the tuner....not really much easier than that.

Not quite that easy George, you gotta hold the top locking screw while turning the tuner.

I kept screwing up by trying to lock the string down first.

Capulin Overdrive":1a8mstxf said:
thanks! :rock:

Grover apparently. You'd think for 4 grand they'd include that with guitar! :confused:

The fact that the screw lock on top tightens the opposite direction as the string tightens is what is pissing me off! :doh:

Planet Waves for the win! :thumbsup:
I use a penny on these and hold the string with my teeth until it grabs.

Capulin Overdrive":15p6h5rs said:
Not quite that easy George, you gotta hold the top locking screw while turning the tuner.

Edit: NVM. I thought you said Gotoh, not Grover. :doh:

Capulin Overdrive":67299b8d said:

Agree with George. I re-strung mine today and all you do is put the string through the hole and then wind the peg. It locks on itself while it winds. No holding anything.

killertone":883s76a1 said:
Capulin Overdrive":883s76a1 said:

Agree with George. I re-strung mine today and all you do is put the string through the hole and then wind the peg. It locks on itself while it winds. No holding anything.

You guys must have Gotoh.

Grover doesn't work that way.

So it appears if you order an Anderson, Gotoh locking tuners are less of a pain.

Capulin Overdrive":22ted8xq said:
killertone":22ted8xq said:
Capulin Overdrive":22ted8xq said:

So it appears if you order an Anderson, Gotoh locking tuners are less of a pain.

Aha. I had Grovers on my BRJ and they were exactly like Sperzels with the thumbwheel on the back of the tuner. I wonder if they changed the design?

killertone":itioye6t said:
Capulin Overdrive":itioye6t said:
killertone":itioye6t said:
Capulin Overdrive":itioye6t said:

Aha. I had Grovers on my BRJ and they were exactly like Sperzels with the thumbwheel on the back of the tuner. I wonder if they changed the design?

Must have? These Grovers you get the string barely locked from the top, and then have to hold the locking screw while turning the tuner.

I was used to the bottom tightening ones, and screwed up 2 strings trying to get it figured out.

One of my Drop Tops has the split shaft. Those are nice and easy. The other has the Grover's and I usually stick a penny in the slot.

Pics of guitar?

Gotoh tuners are great. You just wind. There's no need to utilize any locking mechanism unless a string breaks. That's the only time you use a pick or a coin. They're solidly built and have an amazing gear ratio.

Capulin Overdrive":3e2b0jwv said:
What's the trick to these things?

Fucking most retarded design i've ever seen! :doh:

Ditto. They blow goats on the best day to use and tune up....but they will stay in tune. Stretch your strings 10x more than you normally would.

Put a nickle or penny in to hold that slot in place. Then tighten it up. I think there was a diagram or link on the TA website--->
http://www.andersonguitars.com/support/grover.cfm

Capulin Overdrive":1kfqztmm said:
Yea, i was too stupid to look at Anderson's site.

I got talked into the locking tuners, which is silly because it has a locking nut.

My Drop Top has a locking nut so I passed on the locking tuners. No need in my eyes.

Back