Lock-It Guitar Straps - Are They Nitro Safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anxiety Serum
  • Start date Start date
Anxiety Serum

Anxiety Serum

Well-known member
Anyone ever used these and know if they are Nitro Safe? Its about the easiest strap lock system I've used that doesn't require changing your strap locks.

I usually use just the rubber stoppers, but this is much quick. Just hoping someone knows if its nitro safe.



https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...t-straps-lis-048c2-brn-brn-guitar-strap-brown


1787099553723.png
 
Worst shit you can buy.
They don't lock
The mechanism pulls right out with little effort
Its just a thin flimsy piece of plastic thinner then a regular pick

Almost lost a few guitars bouncing around on stage.
 
Last edited:
Have one. Its meh. Planet Waves also sells a type of locking strap that is fairly secure.
 
I've had one of those for years; never had any issues with it but I also don't jump around and shit while I'm playing so ymmv

Don't think I ever used it on my LP to verify whether it's nitro safe or not
 
I've had one of those for years; never had any issues with it but I also don't jump around and shit while I'm playing so ymmv

Don't think I ever used it on my LP to verify whether it's nitro safe or not
The earlier one were better made

The one i bought 2 yrs ago was crazy scary.

It would unhook just bending down to adjust a pedal.
The mechanism was very thin plastic.

Didn't take but a handshake type movement to break it loose

I didn't even want to sell it fearing id fuck up someones guitar. I threw it out
 
The DAddario ones are great because it is like a hinge so opens up and closes and is a part of the strap. I feel like regular straps are scarier and always feel like it is going to slide out.
 
I've been using Lock-it straps for a few years and never had a failure. I even give them the tug test (the strap, guys, grow up). Of course, I'm only playing Madison Square Living Room. I would probably use my rubber washers for gigging.
OP: I've used them plenty of time on my Les Paul and haven't noticed any nitro burning. But I don't leave the straps on and that guitar is 30 years old so either I don't notice or the older nitro isn't affected.
 
Last edited:
Nothing is nitro safe. It's going to wear out, flake off, discolor, do what nitro does. That's why guitar companies quit using it in the first place.
 
Back
Top