Anyone play both a Langner and Cameron?

frontline205

I might have a lead on these but can only afford 1. I've played a Langner years ago, and it was amazing. However I hear a lot about the Cameron's and never been in the room with one. The Langner is 5 gain stage mod and the Cameron is an Auldrich mod. Both amps use a Marshall JMP 2204 for the mod. I play mostly a modern thrash type of music to some metal-core and use mainly stock Les Paul's with T-Top pickups. I know the pickups don't fit that style music, but they sound super chunky. I figure many guys on this forum probably have experience with both amps and can break down how they differ. Sorry if this is a stupid post.

I haven't heard the other but my buddy had an Aldrich-modded Cameron. To this day, with all of the amps and tones I've heard since I was a teenager in the 80s, nothing has beat the Cameron for hard rock tones. I know that tone is subjective but man, I was in heaven when I heard that in person.

romanianreaper":1n41oio4 said:
I haven't heard the other but my buddy had an Aldrich-modded Cameron. To this day, with all of the amps and tones I've heard since I was a teenager in the 80s, nothing has beat the Cameron for hard rock tones. I know that tone is subjective but man, I was in heaven when I heard that in person.

That sounds awesome. I’m leaning toward the Cameron but the Langner is super rare.

The mod is not super rare but it's great like Mark's. Both articulate and the nod goes to Mark on that I would say. There are some amps that just shine and when a amp has that magic you know it. There are Langner amps that I've heard/played that are plain vicious and brutal. Mark is around and his work is incredible, knows his way through an amp like few know how. The amp he did for me has a very open sound to it that's not overly compressed. Killer amp for sure. I can't say what is better for you but Mark can do anything, contact him and start there. Good luck.

Back