Biggest sounding 212 you've played?

I just can't use less than a 412. I just vibe with it. Lol.
Live music is on the rise around here. We see bands every weekend.
Just my friends band called Old School play a local bar restaurant and had three 412s. :)

I thought you said you used two vertical buzzbombs? That's basically the same as a 412 was my point.

My Revv 120 or Dual Rectifier would never fit on a very cab.

If I had to I'd look at the Stage Craft diagonal 212.

I plate an old VHT 412 once that was defined, hence two speakers missing. So, it was a 412 but only had two speakers. Sounded huge like a 412. I guess it was technically a 212 with massive ports.

Have you tried the Port City 212?
I did talk to a guy who had one and preferred his Stage Craft diagonal 212.
That still won't accommodate my amp heads except my Mark V.

I notice I play better thru a 412. The fatter, deeper tone and feel makes me connect better. Something about the thinner plinkier tone of a 212 impacts my playing.
I had the PS OS wave when they first came out back in 2007 or 2008. I still found it directional.

My stagecraft diagonal was better, but it had the 1/3 open back at the top.

This os 212 FL diezel is the best one I've ever played

Attachments

• received_546676447052178.jpeg
    received_546676447052178.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 36
I had the PS OS wave when they first came out back in 2007 or 2008. I still found it directional.

My stagecraft diagonal was better, but it had the 1/3 open back at the top.
Problem is its a narrow cab. But it would work with my Mark V.
Did you find it almost have you the 412 vibe?
They need to make a big front ported 212.
I used to use a 412 with only two speakers so it was like a huge ported 212. I swore it had 4 speakers the first time I played it. I borrowed it thinking it was a full 412.
Sounded incredible.

Problem is its a narrow cab. But it would work with my Mark V.
Did you find it almost have you the 412 vibe?
They need to make a big front ported 212.
I used to use a 412 with only two speakers so it was like a huge ported 212. I swore it had 4 speakers the first time I played it. I borrowed it thinking it was a full 412.
Sounded incredible.
I ran a 4x12 as a detuned 2x12 for a hot minute with my 60 watt heads; one of those Trace Elliot straight cabs. They are amazing!

The Buzzbomb 2x12 has the 16" depth Kevin O'Connor recommends and work fantastically vertical as a detuned 1x12 as well.

I just can't use less than a 412. I just vibe with it. Lol.
Live music is on the rise around here. We see bands every weekend.
Just my friends band called Old School play a local bar restaurant and had three 412s. :)

I thought you said you used two vertical buzzbombs? That's basically the same as a 412 was my point.

My Revv 120 or Dual Rectifier would never fit on a very cab.

If I had to I'd look at the Stage Craft diagonal 212.

I plate an old VHT 412 once that was defined, hence two speakers missing. So, it was a 412 but only had two speakers. Sounded huge like a 412. I guess it was technically a 212 with massive ports.

Have you tried the Port City 212?
I did talk to a guy who had one and preferred his Stage Craft diagonal 212.
That still won't accommodate my amp heads except my Mark V.

I notice I play better thru a 412. The fatter, deeper tone and feel makes me connect better. Something about the thinner plinkier tone of a 212 impacts my playing.
Yea, I do use 2x12s in a stereo rig. Thats my normal rig unless I can use 4x12s of course. What I can actually bring to the gig is more times than not is just 1x12. I am the only guitarist and since I use stereo I have one cab on either side of the stage in an ideal environment.

What you said about a 4x12 being fatter and deeper is exactly why I dreaded using 2x12s. I asked just about every guitar player I knew about their 2x12 if I could try them out. Dont remember if I tried a Port City but I had to play thru at least 15 different cabs including 3 brands I own. Like I said, with different speakers the Buzzbombs still didnt quite sound exactly like those same speakers in a 4x12, but it was really close. When I tried the Alnicos that was the closest to a 4x12 I've ever heard. Still retained the fat, deep tone and really feels like I am pushing a lot more air like the 4x12. One good thing is this combo sounds really good with all my heads so its not like I am limited to using just one particular type of sound.

I ran a 4x12 as a detuned 2x12 for a hot minute with my 60 watt heads; one of those Trace Elliot straight cabs. They are amazing!

The Buzzbomb 2x12 has the 16" depth Kevin O'Connor recommends and work fantastically vertical as a detuned 1x12 as well.
I tried that but my amp heads are too big for the buzz bomb. That's a tiny cab. Sounds small to me.

Yea, I do use 2x12s in a stereo rig. Thats my normal rig unless I can use 4x12s of course. What I can actually bring to the gig is more times than not is just 1x12. I am the only guitarist and since I use stereo I have one cab on either side of the stage in an ideal environment.

What you said about a 4x12 being fatter and deeper is exactly why I dreaded using 2x12s. I asked just about every guitar player I knew about their 2x12 if I could try them out. Dont remember if I tried a Port City but I had to play thru at least 15 different cabs including 3 brands I own. Like I said, with different speakers the Buzzbombs still didnt quite sound exactly like those same speakers in a 4x12, but it was really close. When I tried the Alnicos that was the closest to a 4x12 I've ever heard. Still retained the fat, deep tone and really feels like I am pushing a lot more air like the 4x12. One good thing is this combo sounds really good with all my heads so its not like I am limited to using just one particular type of sound.
So the Celestion Alnico make a 212 cab sound bigger and deeper?

I'm confused if you were able to use two 212 cabs in clubs, just being a 412? Why do club owners near you allow two 212 cabs but not a 412?
If I understand correctly.

I had a Avatar vintage OS 2x12 that sounded pretty fat, but it just made me want to get the 4x12 version, which I still have to this day 15 years later. Sold the 2x12 long time ago.

So the Celestion Alnico make a 212 cab sound bigger and deeper?

I'm confused if you were able to use two 212 cabs in clubs, just being a 412? Why do club owners near you allow two 212 cabs but not a 412?
If I understand correctly.
No.. The combo of the Alnico speakers with that particular cab sounds as close as a 4x12 that I've played thru. Those same speakers in my Seismic audio 2x12 did not sound as big or full as the Ear Candy cab does.

If we do play a club that I know we can get away with more equipment onstage then I use one 2x12 on one side and the other I use right next to the bass players rig on the other side, not mic'ed. I never put both cabs side by side as a pseudo 4x12, and the cab on the bass side helps him out if our monitor mix sucks. Sometimes we will try to play off the other 2x12 as part of the bass players rig, but overall Its just something about the 4x12 that make a lot of managers lose their shit. Makes ZERO sense but thats the scene around here.
The Ear Candy is just shy of 28 inches high and almost 18 across, so it fits my Mark IV shorty real nice. My other heads look like a T as Nigel had pointed out {LOL} but it is what it is.

Bogner 212 with creamback and vintage 30 sounds as good as anything I have heard. The Friedman also sounds great. The avatar copy of the bogner also sounds good.

I've got an oversized splawn 2x12 with v30's that's been my absolute favorite for years now. It's similar to the old bogner ones, though the dimensions aren't quite the same.

No.. The combo of the Alnico speakers with that particular cab sounds as close as a 4x12 that I've played thru. Those same speakers in my Seismic audio 2x12 did not sound as big or full as the Ear Candy cab does.

If we do play a club that I know we can get away with more equipment onstage then I use one 2x12 on one side and the other I use right next to the bass players rig on the other side, not mic'ed. I never put both cabs side by side as a pseudo 4x12, and the cab on the bass side helps him out if our monitor mix sucks. Sometimes we will try to play off the other 2x12 as part of the bass players rig, but overall Its just something about the 4x12 that make a lot of managers lose their shit. Makes ZERO sense but thats the scene around here.
The Ear Candy is just shy of 28 inches high and almost 18 across, so it fits my Mark IV shorty real nice. My other heads look like a T as Nigel had pointed out {LOL} but it is what it is.
Clubs and bars here near Philly and where I am in the burbs don't care nor really even mention it.

Smallest head I have is a Mark V.

Many report the Gjika 2x12 is the God-tier cabinet du jour. Electrically and manually broken in Mesa spec Classic Lead 80’s…$1,500!

Back