Biggest sounding 212 you've played?

Yep. its vertical and not much narrower than a 412 to be honest. it doesnt sound like a 412 as nothing will, but it sounds pretty big and wide. great sound spread and its easy to carry and transport in the back of an SUV with all of my other gear.
I checked with Splawn and it's 20.5" wide which is a bit narrow for me. The Stage Craft is 26" wide.
Gigs I will always use a 412, so for band rehearsal in small spaces I may stick to my Bogner and Stone Age 212.

Stage Craft also makes a 3x12 that is a nice inbetween.
My 212 cabs can sound close to a 412 when semi open back but they don't have the right punch, hence why I closed them up.

Open backs just lack that percussive low end punch for hard rock so I closed up my cabs.

I have an old Mesa 2x12 with Black Shadows in it, the previous owner ripped the back off it and made it an open back. The first time I plugged that thing in I was jamming with a buddy who had a XXX halfstack and a shitty “drummer” who was playing electronic drums through a PA, once I cranked that cab up it swallowed both of them up like it was nothing. I could only sit there and laugh for about 30 seconds because it was fucking obnoxious. :ROFLMAO:

I checked with Splawn and it's 20.5" wide which is a bit narrow for me. The Stage Craft is 26" wide.
Gigs I will always use a 412, so for band rehearsal in small spaces I may stick to my Bogner and Stone Age 212.

Stage Craft also makes a 3x12 that is a nice inbetween.
My 212 cabs can sound close to a 412 when semi open back but they don't have the right punch, hence why I closed them up.

Open backs just lack that percussive low end punch for hard rock so I closed up my cabs.
Oh wow.. can you post a link to the 312 cab. I am interested in checking that out.

For the Splawn 212, the dimensions of the one I have are: Vertical Slant Mid 25.5" wide 29.5" height 14" deep.. vs their 412 Cab Dims 29.5" x 29.5" x 14".

Oh wow.. can you post a link to the 312 cab. I am interested in checking that out.

For the Splawn 212, the dimensions of the one I have are: Vertical Slant Mid 25.5" wide 29.5" height 14" deep.. vs their 412 Cab Dims 29.5" x 29.5" x 14".
Maybe they make them smaller now?
The one on the Splawn site says 20.5, but is yours called a wide vertical cab?

Let me know if you find a link.

Otherwise, I'm tempted to order the Stage Craft and install two of my speakers. But worry it won't be that much different than my Bogner 212OS.

I don't think the issue is number of speakers but the cab volume per speaker. For example, I find a defined 412 just as huge as a full 412.

Last edited:
Maybe they make them smaller now?
The one on the Splawn site says 20.5, but is yours called a wide vertical cab?

Let me know if you find a link.

Otherwise, I'm tempted to order the Stage Craft and install two of my speakers. But worry it won't be that much different than my Bogner 212OS.

I don't think the issue is number of speakers but the cab volume per speaker. For example, I find a defined 412 just as huge as a full 412.
Maybe they don't list all their models on the site, they do however have a selection at the store side.

See screenshot attached. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-145642.png
    Screenshot_20230103-145642.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Maybe they don't list all their models on the site, they do however have a selection at the store side.

See screenshot attached. Cheers
Ok, that's it. How much did you pay?
I could get the Stage Craft under $400.

But I already have a lot tied up in cabs. Ugh. Prefer my 412s.

Ok, that's it. How much did you pay?
I could get the Stage Craft under $400.

But I already have a lot tied up in cabs. Ugh. Prefer my 412s.
I think at the time it came to around $700-something Canadian.

Shipping to me was a bit expensive. I had bought it empty since I already had speakers.

At this point, I'll either stick with my gear as is, grab a Stage Craft, used Port City, Mesa half back or some other cab. Can't see spending too much at this time, on a cab.

It seems to be bigger than a 412 cab. According to the measurements in the Splawn site.
You mean the Stage Craft 312?
I talked to them on the phone and they said it's just the diagonal 212 with three speakers.
That vertical Splawn is a bit narrower than their 412. My Splawn 412 is about 30" wide and the one you have is 25.5".
Too big and it would be boomy.

You mean the Stage Craft 312?
I talked to them on the phone and they said it's just the diagonal 212 with three speakers.
That vertical Splawn is a bit narrower than their 412. My Splawn 412 is about 30" wide and the one you have is 25.5".
Too big and it would be boomy.
Weird.. maybe I was looking at the wrong link. The one I found on their site was 31x31.

Back