Biggest sounding 212 you've played?

Boomy? Not good. :)
With the stock speakers, yes. Speakers are really, really stiff and I didn't care for it at lower volumes. Gigs and full band practice it came alive though. I did swap the speakers a few times with V30s and Eminence Wizards. Wizards were great.

My diezel vintage 2x12s are huge sounding beasts. Almost darn near the size of its 4x12 brother. Load one with v30s,Load one w/65s ,mic em both and enjoy the awesome blend of tone.

Attachments

• 20230104_125915.jpg
    20230104_125915.jpg
    13.8 MB · Views: 47
Yes, horizontal.
Thanks,

That's a deep cab but not very tall. I like a 212 to be at least 24".

If money were not an issues, I'd get the Port City vertical Wave cab. It's huge for a 212. Then again, the Stage Craft is big too and less money.

That said, for gigs, I use 412 cabs, so the 212 is only for rehearsals.

My diezel vintage 2x12s are huge sounding beasts. Almost darn near the size of its 4x12 brother. Load one with v30s,Load one w/65s ,mic em both and enjoy the awesome blend of tone.
What's the size?
I have Redbacks and V30s and love the mix. Then again just two Redbacks is huge.

I’ve had an Earcandy Buzz Bomb with Tone Tubby H-Bomb, Fender Bandmaster 2x12 with V30s, and a Zinky 2x12.

The Zinky hangs with a Mesa OS.

I’ve had an Earcandy Buzz Bomb with Tone Tubby H-Bomb, Fender Bandmaster 2x12 with V30s, and a Zinky 2x12.

The Zinky hangs with a Mesa OS.
I didn't like my Buzzbomb that much. It was so low to the ground. I don't know why companies make cabs so short. A cab should sit up taller and in my opinion, have a slant to the baffle. My Bogner, Stone Age cabs all have a slight baffle slant.

Does Zinky have a website? I don't find one.

I didn't like my Buzzbomb that much. It was so low to the ground. I don't know why companies make cabs so short. A cab should sit up taller and in my opinion, have a slant to the baffle. My Bogner, Stone Age cabs all have a slight baffle slant.

Does Zinky have a website? I don't find one.
Bruce is out the game. Google some forum posts, his cab is legend.

I had the Buzzbomb and I think the guys name was Tim? Good guy, I became friends with him but I think he went out of business.

Not familiar with Zinky.

I guess in the end, nothing compares to a 412.

But that Port City vertical 212 and Stage Craft Diagonal would be my 212 pick if I ever got another. Otherwise, I guess I'll stick with my 412 cabs.

What's the size?
I have Redbacks and V30s and love the mix. Then again just two Redbacks is huge.
Without the wheels: 29"w x 23"h x 12" deep.I tried " mixed speakers " in one cab but ended up preferring not mixing in a cab and running 2 different loaded cabs.Its sounds better to me that way when I stand in front of the cabs and what im hearing.But lots of guys prefer mixing in one cab.

I guess in the end, nothing compares to a 412.

But that Port City vertical 212 and Stage Craft Diagonal would be my 212 pick if I ever got another. Otherwise, I guess I'll stick with my 412 cabs.
The Zinky does. Ask @SBlue, he was there! It hung with a Mesa OS slant at our meet up at SIR Nashvegas.

Agree with the stagecraft diagonal. I had one with a 1/3 convertible back. Pretty huge sounding but not very compact.
Still, way lighter than my 412 and size is smaller, but larger than my 412. Nice happy medium.
I don't like compact and I hate short cabs where I have to bend over to adjust anything and the sound is hitting my calves.

Without the wheels: 29"w x 23"h x 12" deep.I tried " mixed speakers " in one cab but ended up preferring not mixing in a cab and running 2 different loaded cabs.Its sounds better to me that way when I stand in front of the cabs and what im hearing.But lots of guys prefer mixing in one cab.
I often wonder how my cabs would sound without the wheels but they are already too low to thr ground, without wheels, they'd be even closer or shorter.

The Zinky does. Ask @SBlue, he was there! It hung with a Mesa OS slant at our meet up at SIR Nashvegas.
Is it ported? I mean just based on physics alone, can volume to speaker ratio, I don't see how it could. If ported, then it could.

If money were not an issue, I'd get the port city wave vert cab.

But, if I really think I need another 212, I'd get the Stage Craft. Otherwise, I love my 412 cabs. Just sucks moving them.

I had a compact Marshall 412 years ago and wish I had held onto it.

Back