Built a wall - to keep bad tone out.

How long did you wait out of interest?
I bought an early 90s dino used for 3900 dollars.

It was so good I immediately got on the list and put down on a second one, a PMM. A week later.

(edit, for clarity, ive been waiting for my second for a year and a half, and I have no doubt it will be well worth it. Shit, if the PMM is slightly WORSE than the dino I own, it would STILL be worth it)

Last edited:
Here in Australia
as a fellow Aussie.... holy fuck mate!! 😍

You're in Syd aren't you? I'm in Melb.

Thoughts on the Uber vs VH4?
I know the VH4 well so that's a good base for me.

Seems like people love the twin jet and others still love the rev blue also.

I have my eye on the new Uber when it comes out if it's anything like that modded one on youtube.

So I've shared some progress shots before but pretty much done now, just waiting on a Herbert MkIII. I can't take good pics to save my life unfortunately.

All wired up to KHE switchers with MIDI control coming from a ENGL controller I had lying around. The KHE stuff is cool - we have the choice of either a Power Station PS2 or Rivera Rockcrusher wired in, no repatching required. A Suhr reactive load is another 'cab' option, which makes silent recording nice and simple.

Here in Australia it's hard to find the really rare stuff so we've concentrated more on modern classics I guess you could say. The Cameron modded JMP bottom left is the exception, and the 1971 JMP50 is also pretty special. Also the Mesa Studio Preamp has had a C++ mod from Mike B - that's running into the fx return of the Uberschall and it just crushes.

Yes, it's as much as fun it looks.
View attachment 92394
Need to add a Diezel 412 and an UberKab. It would be a good addition.

So I've shared some progress shots before but pretty much done now, just waiting on a Herbert MkIII. I can't take good pics to save my life unfortunately.

All wired up to KHE switchers with MIDI control coming from a ENGL controller I had lying around. The KHE stuff is cool - we have the choice of either a Power Station PS2 or Rivera Rockcrusher wired in, no repatching required. A Suhr reactive load is another 'cab' option, which makes silent recording nice and simple.

Here in Australia it's hard to find the really rare stuff so we've concentrated more on modern classics I guess you could say. The Cameron modded JMP bottom left is the exception, and the 1971 JMP50 is also pretty special. Also the Mesa Studio Preamp has had a C++ mod from Mike B - that's running into the fx return of the Uberschall and it just crushes.

Yes, it's as much as fun it looks.
View attachment 92394
This is more of a hedge than a wall. Need another row of 4x12's to stack on. :LOL:

Wall2.png
Doing some filming this week for YouTube so thought an updated pic of the wall might be in order. Man those Wizards are hard amps to top, even next to all the crushing modellers and lunchbox amps just out of the frame :whistle:

The thread title, "Built a wall - to keep bad tone out", is tone-ist. :LOL:

That's some wall man. I'm thinking you could go the whole hog by removing and replacing all the walls in the building, no? :confused:

Back