Careron CCV clone?

Does anyone know of a maker that does Cameron CCV clones? i looked a ceriatone king kong but some people say it was based off of a wrong ccv schematic ? I had a chance to buy a Mark Cameron HW CCV a few years ago and passed and now wish i would have picked it up. It was the one that Doug Rappaport was selling.Thanks

Different amps obviously but check out Monomyth amps, he gets a ton of love around here. Guy is quickly becoming the new top dog on modded Marshalls

The coupling cap arrangement / voltage dividers are there, Jose master with similar clipping threshold, are there any other amps that offer that arrangement aside from the subtleties? I have mutual friends and know dude agrees. Hopefully he will offer these again and get with the right people, he’s a great artist and I don’t want to recommend ballpark clones.

Monomyth":28jwrdlt said:
Hopefully he will offer these again and get with the right people, he’s a great artist and I don’t want recommend clones.

Yeah, hope in one hand and....

I’ve yet to try any amp that sounds like a ccv, it’s pretty distinctive. I’ve not tried any Ceriatones though

sutepaj":12qsk721 said:
Monomyth":12qsk721 said:
Hopefully he will offer these again and get with the right people, he’s a great artist and I don’t want recommend clones.

Friedman blew the market wide open, I think dude will redeem himself.

Monomyth":22wt32gj said:
sutepaj":22wt32gj said:
Monomyth":22wt32gj said:

Friedman blew the market wide open, I think dude will redeem himself.

I am always up for giving people a second chance, sometimes a third...but man oh man. With such talented guys around who don't fuck around (yourself included)...why even take the chance?

scottosan":39em5hor said:
Devin":39em5hor said:
Myasnikov does a CCV rack preamp
Much of the magic of the CCV is in the power amp. Having just the preamp would be missing the point.

This, along with the layout of the circuit. People think it’s just the preamp. It’s the sum of all the parts. I’ve learned a lot from Cameron and his amps.

Hopefully Mark will put out something. I’d love to have a single channel high gain CCV and single channel Aldrich.

Along my journey I kept finding things he had already done or agreeing with his technique, I’ve gone to different areas for my own tastes but know he was the best to do it, I’m not making any excuses for what’s happened, art and capitalism are not bread and butter. The guy had grail tones 20 years ago that are being copied part for part in 2020, it does not make sense.

Marshalll":2uffuuhl said:
This sounds damn good

I always liked this video Marshalll as it is well produced, clean player and the tone has that harmonic edge I listen for. Currently I am away traveling using JBUDS on my IPhone but it sounds great over my 100 watt analog tuner at home and on the Bose in my car.

David :thumbsup:

scottosan":1y05i0zj said:
Devin":1y05i0zj said:
Myasnikov does a CCV rack preamp
Much of the magic of the CCV is in the power amp. Having just the preamp would be missing the point.

Myasnikov makes poweramps as well; not sure if he makes a specific one for the CCV but I'm sure he could

That ccv preamp isn't setup like a ccv really. Its more of the standard 2.7k / .68 cathode arrangement and some other differences as well.

And as others have said it is indeed the sum of all the parts with the ccv.

It really isn't rocket science, its basically like a collaboration of different elements of "golden Marshall's" with some ideas from Jose and Mark mixed in.

The transformers and voltages it runs at are very important. If your using stock marshall voltages it isn't going to be correct.

it is a damn good sounding amp , but it does have its quirks as well just remember that.

Any good amp tech can build you one if you have all the details.

exo-metal":swzwxi2y said:
Mark can build them too?

Yea and so can the easter bunny, Chris Schmidt , Berrang, Jerry Dyer, Patricia, Brad, Tone Merchants, Shall i go on ?

I don't get on here much these days, but I have been very quietly watching on the side lines about everything , because I have not forgotten, and I know there are others as well.

Anyone who would send Mark a DIME should get their head checked. ! I know that he does business with Jason , a guy who has a good rap sheet for getting people what they pay for, but ! on fricken principle people should not give Mark a cent after all the shit he has pulled on DOZENS of people that I know personally, Including MYSELF.

Dude is super talented and his amps are great but unfortunatly until Mark makes shit right for the all of a sudden FORGOTTEN people who got burned and RIPPED OFF, my opinion will never change.

And just like that, ladies and gentleman here we have a cameron thread !

Back