CC Deville playing Van Halen!!

And clasically trained too I believe.
Ya!
It appears he has cleaned up his act, probably saved his life in doing so.

I just watched that infamous MTV awards video of Poison from back in the day and CC DeVille looks like he is completely overloaded and whacked on Coke, his face looks totally contorted and obviously, his playing his ridiculously sloppy.

He was going down a bad road at that time.

I love CC. I really enjoyed his hair back in the 80s as it looked like cotton candy. Now he kind of looks like DLR with that long hair. As for his playing… he was and still is a shredder. He just happened to be the face of glam metal when grunge poked its nasty head in. I personally would take that as a complement. They had massive fucking hits.

Ya!
It appears he has cleaned up his act, probably saved his life in doing so.

I just watched that infamous MTV awards video of Poison from back in the day and CC DeVille looks like he is completely overloaded and whacked on Coke, his face looks totally contorted and obviously, his playing his ridiculously sloppy.

He was going down a bad road at that time.
They cut his signal during the performance also, he started playing the wrong song.
Why did this happen Squarehead?
Because he was so coked to the bone,
he didn’t have enough brain space time to think about what he was doing,( performing on national television), while he was doing it.
-That’s why crackheads never wear masks when they rob banks dude,
they don’t have time for all that jazz man.
CC also looked to have some beefy RLS coming
( the rocking back & forth weird movement when the MTV VJ interviewed him.), so he was on more then just booger sugar my man.
Homeboy had demons wrapped all around him and they caught up to him right there on camera.
The rapacious creditor always collects.

Last edited:
CC needs a snazzy name for his solo piece, ala "Eruption" or "Mr. Scary". How about:
- A skull full of Bandanas
- Stripped, Raped and Spandexed

Lest Bobby Dall felt left out:
-Glamour Smashed Bass

he has great taste in guitars.

im trying to find a full pic of this guitar, that light blue with the yellow binding is hot

bdeb9f92fe460deb8ed332c5187561d2.jpg

I started playing with I was 8 in 1985. Poison came out a year later, I think. So I grew up on all the hair stuff and loved Poison, bc it was simple enough for me to figure out.

I never got the hate. He’s no Eddie, and his live solos were often as erratic as his offstage behavior, but he’s not horrible and they wrote some catchy, albeit corny, songs.

I still love the band for how it brought me into the guitar world and kept me practicing. Them, GNR, Crue is where I steered to learn it all.

You ever jammed his short-lived pop/punk band Samantha 7 from the late 90's? I remember being pleasantly surprised and enjoy it

You ever jammed his short-lived pop/punk band Samantha 7 from the late 90's? I remember being pleasantly surprised and enjoy it

i havent, pop/punk is one of the very few genre's i just cant deal with but if its CC ill check it out. there was a warped tour cover band playing around me the other night i told my buddy about, im like who the fuck wants that but then we started remembering just how big bands like good charlotte and shit were.

i havent, pop/punk is one of the very few genre's i just cant deal with but if its CC ill check it out. there was a warped tour cover band playing around me the other night i told my buddy about, im like who the fuck wants that but then we started remembering just how big bands like good charlotte and shit were.

You'll prolly hate it then lol.

It's CC on guitar and vocals though :love:

You'll prolly hate it then lol.

It's CC on guitar and vocals though :love:

Yeah this has those tom beats I just can’t stand lol. Guitar wise it’s not terrible, one song had a cool solo. A whole 194 monthly listeners on Spotify, that’s struggling lol

I haven’t watched the video but He’s a lot better than his rep. It amazes me the hate he gets. And he has great taste in guitars.
He just had a bad drug period where he played like shit . I think the rep all comes from that only

Fallen Angel is the only Poison song I really like. I never got into them. As for CC I never took his playing seriously at all and honestly found him uninspiring. Pretty much looked at him more like the court jester amounst the legitimate guitar heroes of the time. Guys like EVH , Lynch , DeMartini and Gilbert had my full attention. CC was mediocre at best. If he's clean and sober now I'm happy for him. Thats a huge achievement.

Don't understand the anger directed at him, the guy's a fuckin rockstar, played huge fucking stadiums, had a fucking blast and has written some great tunes....... good on him!

Back