Celestion EVH Greenbacks...

hammered":2pbr0tdp said:
I ordered 2 EVH speakers today from Sweetwater that I`m gonna put in a 2x12. I`m a little nervous as it`s been years since I`ve had to break in new speakers but I can`t imagine them sounding too bad when new

Connect your MP3 player to the return of your amps effects loop and play some bass heavy content at a loud volume for 5 to 10 hours and you're good to go.

I've had regular Greenbacks, and my EVH Greenbacks have way better low end, and are less shrill sounding than regular Greenbacks. Win-win!

Oblivion DC":29srke7n said:
hammered":29srke7n said:
I ordered 2 EVH speakers today from Sweetwater that I`m gonna put in a 2x12. I`m a little nervous as it`s been years since I`ve had to break in new speakers but I can`t imagine them sounding too bad when new

Connect your MP3 player to the return of your amps effects loop and play some bass heavy content at a loud volume for 5 to 10 hours and you're good to go.

Thanks man , I might give that a shot

journeyman73":1g5xd9dc said:
Rex Rocker":1g5xd9dc said:
I have G12EVH's mixed with V30's in my Marshall 1960A, and the mix sounds pretty cool. :)

don't the v30s completely overpower the EVH (only 96db, i thought?)
V30's definitely dominate, but it's not like EVH's don't add anything to the mix. EVH's are chunkier down low and more sizzly up top without going to such extremes as T-75's. There's a hint of that flavor in the whole cab's sound. :)

And they're in . For being brand new they sound really good with my Splawn SS thru the Avatar 2x12 , a little spikey on the top end which I expected but I didn't need to roll back my treble and presence all that much. These are gonna be fun to break in

image_zps10s6nqs2.jpeg

Back