Charvel Custom Shop vs. Charvel Custom Select Series?

Can anyone explain the differences between Charvel Custom Shop and the Charvel Select Series? Thye are both made out of the Custom Shop, but can't find any other details.

I don’t believe they are both made in the custom shop? Never heard that. I’d guess they are similar to the 08-09s, and some can be equal to Customs in tone and playability. I’ve only played one and it was decent but not on the same level as either of my 08/09s. Definitely a big step up from the Mexi-Charvels that I’ve played, though.

I’ve only tried one select and remember it being nice, but not imo on the same level as the many custom shop ones I’ve owned

Can anyone explain the differences between Charvel Custom Shop and the Charvel Select Series? Thye are both made out of the Custom Shop, but can't find any other details.
I'd like to know too, so maybe I can make sense of the pricing on the select series. I played one last week and thought it was amazing... on par with any of my custom shop Charvels. It was the DK 24 in oxblood that was released at 2019 NAMM. The neck felt amazing and the fretwork was flawless, but the price was nuts IMO. It was more $ than a Suhr Standard Plus guitar where you get the flame top/binding features.

The select series is equal to the fender ultra series Strats. Still production line guitars.

Back