Death metal that gives you the feeeeelllllllssssss

  • Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
Black metal is all about the feels, which is ironic because tech doesn't like it
Agree 100%. DM’s about violence and rage, but BM hits deeper and evokes the darkest of feels.
TD likes a lot of stuff that would inspire one to search high and low for penis while straddling a unicorn bareback and barefoot. NTTAWWT
 
Last edited:
Agree 100%. DM’s about violence and rage, but BM hits deeper and evokes the darkest of feels.
TD likes a lot of stuff that would inspire one to search high and low for penis while straddling a unicorn bareback and barefoot.

The feels only matter to him if they are superficial apparently 😂
 
I think “Human” was the perfect blend of brutality and technicality, and Death’s pinnacle.
Especially the rhythm section, Masvidal and Reinert were absolutely on fucking fire,
It was great af . But I just feel this album the songs had a deep lyrical content that just drove the songs home for me
 
Agree 100%. DM’s about violence and rage, but BM hits deeper and evokes the darkest of feels.
TD likes a lot of stuff that would inspire one to search high and low for penis while straddling a unicorn bareback and barefoot.
I’ll post one
 
Not exactly a deep cut but I think the video puts this over the top



This whole album is a banger but for the feels I guess this one fits the bill.

 
I guess you could put this in the melodic death/doom camp, but it's one of my favorite albums ever and gives me all the feels. Very very stripped down two piece band, and the only iteration between these two guys in October Tide, which later became a full band of different people with a different sound.

 
Reinkaos is such a killer and ridiculously underrated album by the TROO KULT dickheads.
If one is going to blow one’s brains out in a MLO inspired ritual suicide, that’s not a bad farewell opus to leave behind.
i felt that way too. It was different than i expected when it came out, but it was really tight, and the songs were really solid.

You're right about the tr00 kvlt-ists though... I remember reading shit on the Relapse Board when that came out like "Jon killed a guy, and was in jail how long? i didn't expect him to come out and write The (fucking) Jester Race!! :ROFLMAO:
 
i felt that way too. It was different than i expected when it came out, but it was really tight, and the songs were really solid.

You're right about the tr00 kvlt-ists though... I remember reading shit on the Relapse Board when that came out like "Jon killed a guy, and was in jail how long? i didn't expect him to come out and write The (fucking) Jester Race!! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, Jon was an amazing songwriter, great arrangements with a sense of melody and atmosphere as good as anybody in the genre. I judge Reinkaos on its own merit. It was a different chapter in his career and every bit as killer as his earlier albums.
 
Yeah, Jon was an amazing songwriter, great arrangements with a sense of melody and atmosphere as good as anybody in the genre. I judge Reinkaos on its own merit. It was a different chapter in his career and every bit as killer as his earlier albums.

Just for reference, I was the tr00 kvlt guy when it came out.

It's one of my favorite records of all time now. The Jester Race is too, ironically.
 
Just for reference, I was the tr00 kvlt guy when it came out.

It's one of my favorite records of all time now. The Jester Race is too, ironically.
Admittedly it also took me a few spins to adjust and get it. 😂
 
Definitely more a death core band but this was one my favorite albums:

 
They said I would feel that way about Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, and Lamb of God too though

"They" (the internet) was lying

I still hate all that shit lol
Hahahahahahaaa as do I!
I can dig melodic metal, just not gay melodic metal. 😂
 
I just don’t understand why most of the signers sound like Cobra Commander or a Dracula parody

Most of the time the music is so good. But I can’t get past the vocals of the genre
 
I just don’t understand why most of the signers sound like Cobra Commander or a Dracula parody

Most of the time the music is so good. But I can’t get past the vocals of the genre

That's fair enough. Not everyone can get into everything. I hate a bunch of singers everyone here loves 🤷‍♂️

I immediately tune out any music who's singer sounds like Eddie Vedder, Scott Stapp, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, or Chad Kroeger

I can't get past vocals that sound like a mumbling forklift certified hoss taking a shit with marbles in his mouth, so I can hardly blame anyone for not liking death metal or black metal vocals.
 
That's fair enough. Not everyone can get into everything. I hate a bunch of singers everyone here loves 🤷‍♂️

I immediately tune out any music who's singer sounds like Eddie Vedder, Scott Stapp, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, or Chad Kroeger

I can't get past vocals that sound like a mumbling forklift certified hoss taking a shit with marbles in his mouth, so I can hardly blame anyone for not liking death metal or black metal vocals.
Oh yeah

I like most of the OG grunge guys but when the next wave came many singers seemed to be impersonating the originals. So then that became comical…especially the guys and girls that would mumble a 1 syllable word into like 6, ha ha. All while faking angst and despair over catchy pop choruses.
 
Oh yeah

I like most of the OG grunge guys but when the next wave came many singers seemed to be impersonating the originals. So then that became comical…especially the guys and girls that would mumble a 1 syllable word into like 6, ha ha. All while faking angst and despair over catchy pop choruses.

It's probably because i'm in Washington and grew up with it in the 90s being inescapable, but I fucking hate it

I physically cannot take any music that has that type of singing seriously

It all sounds like the epitome of trend-chasing corporate schlock to me
 
Back
Top