Delete OT ?

Delete OT

• Yes

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
Why? There are no requirements for anyone to click on that forum. If you don't like it, don't click on it. Pretty simple. I say that as someone who almost never goes on that forum.

^^^
I've yet to click in OT since joining, so I guess it doesn't bother me one way or the other. Same with having all these political threads pop up in here; I just don't look at them.

I'm not sure that I've ever clicked into that forum before. Couldn't care less that it's here, wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

I'd leave it. I personally look at it like indoor plumbing. It's nice to have somewhere for the shit to go. Without it, it tends to accumulate where you spend most of your time.

I think off topic is a good idea as long as people keep off topic stuff only in off topic. Like mentioned before, if someone in OT posts about how much they love Trump and you personally hate him, then don't make comments calling him out about it in a Rig-Talk discussion thread etc.

I mean some of the threads on here I can't even find the actual topic at hand because it's 20 straight posts of trolling back and forth.

Yes and I'd go a step further and note which members have significantly more postings in the OT section than any other. Ban these trouble makers because they're not here to talk about gear. Make Rig-talk great again !

I could think of many reasons to vote yes or no.

I'm curious what percent feel either way in the poll.
Also interested in any discussion on the topic.

The topic of if it belongs on a music forum has come up several times over the years. Let's see what people really think ?

You only need to look at OT to decide if you think it should be removed or stay.

You might have a point...could be a good move then maybe we could consider deleting any worn out old dusty-ass topics like what the best ts type pedal is or anything Cameron really.
After that maybe then we could move on to deleting anyone with over 10 thousand posts, they are old after all and their quality of posts is negligible.

:D

I doubt it would be removed. They already delete all post on there that don't get used after a few months.

So far in then poll the vote is to remove. Kind of early to see what way it could head.

I think the key is keeping OT threads in the OT arena - period.
And if hostilities arise over there - moderate it accordingly. Just because it's OT doesn't mean anyone should expect some full-on latitude to be an offensive shithead over there. Or threaten people. Or make derisive comments to other members. It's the "Off Topic Central" sub-forum, not "Feel Free to Be An Asshole Here" sub-forum.

2 cents.

MetalHeadMike":8la5sqaf said:
^^^
I've yet to click in OT since joining, so I guess it doesn't bother me one way or the other. Same with having all these political threads pop up in here; I just don't look at them.

I almost exclusively use the “view active topics” button and refresh to keep up. If the OT could just be removed from that, I’d be a happy camper. Then it would be like a weird room at the party that is there, but with the door closed so it’s not bothering anyone.

misterspockyall":1m4kh0ux said:
MetalHeadMike":1m4kh0ux said:
^^^

I almost exclusively use the “view active topics” button and refresh to keep up. If the OT could just be removed from that, I’d be a happy camper. Then it would be like a weird room at the party that is there, but with the door closed so it’s not bothering anyone.

I use the "view new posts" I agree if we could have the OT section eliminated from "view new posts", and "view active topics" It would be great.

Really what needs to happen is admins need to enforce the "No Politics" policy. There are a few shit heads on here that constantly get away with stirring up political fire fights.

I find OT helpful more then harmful.
Lot of smart guys out here with experience that have helped me out with car problems. Buying home stereo equipment.....etc
Buying a computer. The New TV thread I started.
Lots of good info. And I would feel more comfortable asking members here then going to a TV site. :LOL: :LOL:

stephen sawall":7sgy2iet said:
I could think of many reasons to vote yes or no.

I'm curious what percent feel either way in the poll.
Also interested in any discussion on the topic.

The topic of if it belongs on a music forum has come up several times over the years. Let's see what people really think ?

You only need to look at OT to decide if you think it should be removed or stay.

I vote this thread be moved to OT.

Mailman1971":1dw0094q said:
I find OT helpful more then harmful.
Lot of smart guys out here with experience that have helped me out with car problems. Buying home stereo equipment.....etc
Buying a computer. The New TV thread I started.
Lots of good info. And I would feel more comfortable asking members here then going to a TV site. :LOL: :LOL:
Amen to that, Dan.

The general knowledge and collective wisdom here never cease to amaze me.

Poll is a tie. I don't think enough people voted to determined anything other than most people don't care.

Like Dan mentioned it is usually more help than not.

Back