So NAM A2 is shitting all over everything and I'm here for it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nigel
  • Start date Start date
Yep and it likely wont yield much in quitting down your amps for the effort. If you have the room and can build staggered studs, you can throw on 2 layers of 5/8" drywall that would be separated from the exterior walls and reduce sound transmission. For the ceilings you could either do those isolation clips or drop the ceiling on the new frame and then do another layer or 2 of 5/8". A good solid core door with some weather stripping and you'll have a pretty solid room. A few corner bass traps and some other light treatment and you should be able to push some volume in there without shaking the walls in the rest of the house.

When I built my studio/rehearsal room I did 2 layers of 5/8" on resilient channel (decouples from the framing) and all the walls were sitting on neoprene rubber for decoupling as well. Some other things that helped:
-Meticulously sealing every gap.(door gaps, electrical and light boxes)
-A heavy as fuck removable window plug
-No HVAC vent in that room
-Gear closet between the control room and the live room (air lock)

After boarding 2 layers of 5/8" on the ceiling, I was pretty much done with drywall 😅
Both layers had to be mudded, but only the top layer had to look good.
 
Friggin Aimbot.…... 😂

I'm at close to 5 million damage with Wraith, highest Ive gotten is Diamond as a solo but before the new way they set up lobbys together I'd eat Predators like you for lunch...... Okay not really but I could still hold my own and pull of wins against Pred lobbies back in the day. Hats off and good stuff 👍
I remember when these trails first appeared we would go berserk trying to kill the owner and succeeded more often than expected.

OG skulltown was insanely fun.

Had that 20 kill badge before in became mainstream.

Damn wish I had a gaming setup.
 
When i used to have my monitors, i liked the "quiet" playing a little more. But I really like playing loud most of the time. I am weird that way. I just don't like punishing people by practicing at that volume. And i obviously cant wake the house up at 4 am just because I feel the need.
Hey Smash, If you want to stay with a tweakable tube platform, check out the Fryette GPDI/IR. This is what I use for silent playing. 99% of the time I have it plugged into my interface w/ headphones and it sounds huge. Recording sounds good also, play along with backing tracks, you can record several outputs at once, reamping, it does a lot of what you are looking for. You can even plug it into a poweramp and make it rip like your synergy setup. It gets suprisingly loud at 1 watt on its own.

It is a real tube amp so the feel and response are spot on and you can change IRs easily or tweak away with the analog cab sim. Some of the stock IRs aren't that inspiring but the few aftermarket IRs I've loaded sound amazing with it.
 
It's so fucking good, like my God, finally digital that gets it right.

Folks bitching about "Can't turn knobs!" need to stfu and gtfo...no need to tweak if it's setup right.

Can finally capture states of rigs that are on the verge of death from high bias/volume/red plating into oblivion and have that for 24/7 tone.

Talked to an old friend / Master amp creator/tech and he's about to go to a little place in the desert and do ALL of his legendary amps.

My captures of the mods/tweaks I do to his amps and others will be out there too.

I'm most happy for the broke kids that can get the tone for free so they can get on with playing instead of tinkering to oblivion.

What's your opinion on NAM A2?
I definately want to learn more about this. Thanks for posting. Cue the helmet fire.
 
I have a PS5 Pro and an i9 Ultra laptop rig with a RTX5070Ti. I prefer the PS5 for casual gaming and the laptop for more serious multiplayer stuff. Problem with the laptop is thermal throttling, so I have to carry around this huge fan thing that sits underneath and keeps it cool.

Latest games I completed on the PS are Resident Evil Village and A Plague Tale: Innocence. On the PC, I seem to be near the end of The Evil Within.

FPS games I play are Space Marine 2 and Darktide. Anyone interested in starting a clan for multiplayer gaming? I have nothing better to do these days. My net connection sucks though, so I'd be dead weight.

To be serious, I kind of hate serious gaming. I like it light and fun, with no stress from being shot dead again and again. That's why I seldom play multiplayer. But I'd sign up for a Rig-Talk clan for sure.
 
I definately want to learn more about this. Thanks for posting. Cue the helmet fire.

I'm in the ninth circle of hell trying to capture my amps using Paradex in Genome. Keeps failing every time, and each time it fails, a huge chunk of two or three hours of my time goes waste. Don't know why it's happening, I had a couple of good sessions and now suddenly I keep experiencing poor ESR.
 
When I built my studio/rehearsal room I did 2 layers of 5/8" on resilient channel (decouples from the framing) and all the walls were sitting on neoprene rubber for decoupling as well. Some other things that helped:
-Meticulously sealing every gap.(door gaps, electrical and light boxes)
-A heavy as fuck removable window plug
-No HVAC vent in that room
-Gear closet between the control room and the live room (air lock)

After boarding 2 layers of 5/8" on the ceiling, I was pretty much done with drywall 😅
Both layers had to be mudded, but only the top layer had to look good.
This is the best way to do it. I have resilient channel clips on my ceiling. In addition to drywall I never want to see another brick of that red firestop putty either. What a mess that stuff is around electrical boxes and sneaking it into small cracks in doors before caulk and trim.
 
This is the best way to do it. I have resilient channel clips on my ceiling. In addition to drywall I never want to see another brick of that red firestop putty either. What a mess that stuff is around electrical boxes and sneaking it into small cracks in doors before caulk and trim.
Yep, I used that red firestop putty too! It's brutal. But the best for filling gaps.
 
I remember when these trails first appeared we would go berserk trying to kill the owner and succeeded more often than expected.

OG skulltown was insanely fun.

Had that 20 kill badge before in became mainstream.

Damn wish I had a gaming setup.
Yeah it was fun back then, in a sense Predators had it harder back then than now. Now you also have super internet that makes it easier for rich kids/dudes as it gives them major advantage with lower ping rates and we also have aimbot worse than ever assisted by AI. Teaming lobbys are rampant too, its the best you know 😂..... Never started as a Sentinel guy but now I'm at Level 104 and run that and the R99 all day at Level 55+ so.

This season is pretty sweet though and they brought back some gems like Sorting Factory and they may bring vintage Kings Canyon too with Skulltown. Bloodhound just got a major update too and hes back. Good stuff 👍
 
Last edited:
I have a PS5 Pro and an i9 Ultra laptop rig with a RTX5070Ti. I prefer the PS5 for casual gaming and the laptop for more serious multiplayer stuff. Problem with the laptop is thermal throttling, so I have to carry around this huge fan thing that sits underneath and keeps it cool.

Latest games I completed on the PS are Resident Evil Village and A Plague Tale: Innocence. On the PC, I seem to be near the end of The Evil Within.

FPS games I play are Space Marine 2 and Darktide. Anyone interested in starting a clan for multiplayer gaming? I have nothing better to do these days. My net connection sucks though, so I'd be dead weight.

To be serious, I kind of hate serious gaming. I like it light and fun, with no stress from being shot dead again and again. That's why I seldom play multiplayer. But I'd sign up for a Rig-Talk clan for sure.
UT2004 is free, runs great on 10+ year old integrated graphics, has team play and and voice chat.

I'm in the ninth circle of hell trying to capture my amps using Paradex in Genome. Keeps failing every time, and each time it fails, a huge chunk of two or three hours of my time goes waste. Don't know why it's happening, I had a couple of good sessions and now suddenly I keep experiencing poor ESR.
Sounds like it's time to go to NAM!
 
people getting butthurt over modeling and captures is always mystifying to me. It's a tool. It works great in certain scenarios. It doesn't feel as good as the real thing but when that specific tool is needed, it's invaluable. Why not both?

I've had this convo with bandmates - from a gear perspective, there's never been a better time to be a musician. From a paying gig perspective....not so much lol
 
I just want to ask a question here. I have seen kemper live and it was awesome. I have no qualms with the sound.

But does it feel like an amp?

My one experience with a Kemper was at an ampfest I hosted back in the day - had a 2203x on my EHX 4x12 and just stuck an sm57 in front of it and profiled it right then and there

I thought it worked shockingly well - but we were using the Kemper thru a tube head for power and real 4x12 which I'm sure helps. If there were any differences between the real rig and the capture, they weren't enough to even notice live in the room and loud as hell


It was impressive for sure


As far as NAM A2 I'm keen to try it but I'm waiting for a device that could do the capturing/editing all right on the unit without involving a PC (does that exist yet?
 
My one experience with a Kemper was at an ampfest I hosted back in the day - had a 2203x on my EHX 4x12 and just stuck an sm57 in front of it and profiled it right then and there

I thought it worked shockingly well - but we were using the Kemper thru a tube head for power and real 4x12 which I'm sure helps. If there were any differences between the real rig and the capture, they weren't enough to even notice live in the room and loud as hell


It was impressive for sure


As far as NAM A2 I'm keen to try it but I'm waiting for a device that could do the capturing/editing all right on the unit without involving a PC (does that exist yet?


right now, doing NAM A2 captures is more than I want to do; it's much easier to dial in my Stadium patches or just use a tube amp or my computer plgins.

once they make NAM captures simple and easy in the same hardware device that can play them, I'll see.
 
right now, doing NAM A2 captures is more than I want to do; it's much easier to dial in my Stadium patches or just use a tube amp or my computer plgins.

once they make NAM captures simple and easy in the same hardware device that can play them, I'll see.

Yeah it's more a curiosity for me; i'm quite content just straight up using ampsim VST's for recordings most of the time
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
Every time there’s an update to the whole capture/profile world the same thing happens, a slew of people who couldn’t figure out a modeler before come out of the woodwork and claim digital gear has finally gotten there, then you hear the samples and examples and it’s all shit that could have been dialed in or captured at any point previously.

I can understand users who are capturing their own gear, but for the life of me I can’t fathom using that shit for my own tones. 2Dor does make some badass packs and I’ve come across plenty of killer sounding ones, but there will never be a point in time I’d WANT to go search for a tone I might possibly love before I give up the option to just dial it in myself on whatever gear I have.

You can tell by some of the arguments that break out around it that some people are 100% reliant on being told it’s more accurate and that it’s a ‘direct copy of an amp’, you could give them the same fuckin’ tone on a modeler but without the appeal to authority they’ll never admit it’s the same sound.
 
Every time there’s an update to the whole capture/profile world the same thing happens, a slew of people who couldn’t figure out a modeler before come out of the woodwork and claim digital gear has finally gotten there, then you hear the samples and examples and it’s all shit that could have been dialed in or captured at any point previously.

I can understand users who are capturing their own gear, but for the life of me I can’t fathom using that shit for my own tones. 2Dor does make some badass packs and I’ve come across plenty of killer sounding ones, but there will never be a point in time I’d WANT to go search for a tone I might possibly love before I give up the option to just dial it in myself on whatever gear I have.

You can tell by some of the arguments that break out around it that some people are 100% reliant on being told it’s more accurate and that it’s a ‘direct copy of an amp’, you could give them the same fuckin’ tone on a modeler but without the appeal to authority they’ll never admit it’s the same sound.
Have you heard NAM A2?
 
Interesting that you criticize the cuisine before it’s served.

Eh, I’d argue I’ve already been eating and cooking the meals myself for quite a while and the last few weeks of A2 has been like having a bunch of people tell me that food exists as if it’s a new thing.
 
Eh, I’d argue I’ve already been eating and cooking the meals myself for quite a while and the last few weeks of A2 has been like having a bunch of people tell me that food exists as if it’s a new thing.
Fair enough, to argue is to make clear.

However, you've been eating McDonalds compared to the 5 star Michelin chef that NAM A2 is.
 
Back
Top