So NAM A2 is shitting all over everything and I'm here for it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nigel
  • Start date Start date
Along those lines, I think that NAM beats Tonex when it comes to backing off on your volume control too. It behaves more like the real amp does.
I recently bought that $78 Soran dual stomp that takes NAM A2 files and am shocked after editing the excessive noise gate and fx settings how the factory Plexi preset rolls off. I played the Hot for Teacher riff, rolled off neck volume to 2 for the bluesy riff and it responded like my old Plexi. Obviously a recorded produced version instead of in the room, but damned if that cheap little fucker doesn't punch way over it's weight.
 
Yeah, I struggled with my G-System input changing the guitar tone for awhile, and eventually let it go for the Kemper. I never tried the second version of the G-System which apparently had improved buffering.

I had the second edition G-System, with the first improved input buffer that was initially offered in the black IB Modified version, once it was the standard input buffer
 
So can this thing capture the string tension on a strat......



Because that would be next level and better than making me a fucking sandwich 🥪
 
So can this thing capture the string tension on a strat......



Because that would be next level and better than making me a fucking sandwich 🥪


1787087832141.png
 
So can this thing capture the string tension on a strat......



Because that would be next level and better than making me a fucking sandwich 🥪

No, but digital capos have come quite close to simulating the sound of lowered or increased string tension.
Sonulab has also developed pickup emulator software so that you can mimic a Strat pickup with a humbuckers or vice versa.
 
I just read the one page but how da fuq are you gonna record on a cell phone? Not sure about a tablet. I use reaper on my laptop and then a few different applications…. Then go into my interface. Sometimes I use a microphone mostly i go direct. Nowadays I rarely even play….
 
No, but digital capos have come quite close to simulating the sound of lowered or increased string tension.
Sonulab has also developed pickup emulator software so that you can mimic a Strat pickup with a humbuckers or vice versa.
Can they capture different string brands too and the humidity levels and ambient temperature of the room........ :sneaky:;):dunno:


Jk and well that's actually pretty cool if you could go up or down a couple points/cents on string tensions using an app or whatever or a simulation of one. Pretty neat 👍
 
Can they capture different string brands too and the humidity levels and ambient temperature of the room........ :sneaky:;):dunno:


Jk and well that's actually pretty cool if you could go up or down a couple points/cents on string tensions using an app or whatever or a simulation of one. Pretty neat 👍

:confused:
 
Can they capture different string brands too and the humidity levels and ambient temperature of the room........ :sneaky:;):dunno:


Jk and well that's actually pretty cool if you could go up or down a couple points/cents on string tensions using an app or whatever or a simulation of one. Pretty neat 👍
Yeah, the capo sounds decent especially on heavier stuff at least to my ears. It would come in handy for a gig where you only have one guitar but you need to tune down a half or whole step.
It's not perfect but serviceable.
 
Fair enough, to argue is to make clear.

However, you've been eating McDonalds compared to the 5 star Michelin chef that NAM A2 is.

This is the exact shit I mentioned in my first post in this thread; the dolts who couldn’t dial in digital gear now have something that copy and pastes it for them, so digital gear is now legit for you, congrats.

I’ve been using real amps and Fractal gear, without crying about how hard it is to dial something in.
 
Drew tends to think any sound is good enough as long as you can record or perform live without issue. Accuracy is not important compared to something that makes enough noise to sound like a guitar.

Sound Accuracy and how you use the sounds are two different conversations, IMO.

No, I just don’t have the same issues dialing in gear others seem to have and I can produce evidence of that, unlike everyone who seems to have problems with it.

I look at my hands to find issues long before I look at gear.
 
Back
Top