Duolos":34uljjh1 said:
DSC02763.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

DSC03408.jpg

thats an ego crushing rig for sure! hope all is well Terry

peace
A Wood

This sounded HUGE!!!

...had some fun with simultaneous multiamp and speaker setup (hooked my band's other guitar player's ENGL based rig to my Diezel + Mako rig). Reminds me a bit of those wild rigs of the heroes of yesterday :rock: . Now, where was the stereo chorus unit??? :LOL: :LOL:

In order to predict some roadie-questions, all cases and pedalboards (+the speaker cabinets with metal front plate) are build by the same guy who owns the ENGL. And yes, they are surprisingly easy to carry due to proper construction...but will never fit into tiny Japanese car. :D

Attachments

• IMG_5069.JPG
    IMG_5069.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 3,762
i.ak":38b50s4a said:
This sounded HUGE!!!

...had some fun with simultaneous multiamp and speaker setup (hooked my band's other guitar player's ENGL based rig to my Diezel + Mako rig). Reminds me a bit of those wild rigs of the heroes of yesterday :rock: . Now, where was the stereo chorus unit??? :LOL: :LOL:

In order to predict some roadie-questions, all cases and pedalboards (+the speaker cabinets with metal front plate) are build by the same guy who owns the ENGL. And yes, they are surprisingly easy to carry due to proper construction...but will never fit into tiny Japanese car. :D

Geez, that just LOOKS brutal, nevermind actually hearing it...

Ok, ok, I'd like to hear it. :)

Welcome to the board :rock:

Btw, I would write an email to:

peterstapfer (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

Maybe he knows more about Your order ;)

Nolly":16vi2rwm said:
My god Illka, that looks crazzzy.

Still waiting on some decent pics of your F8 ;)

I as well think that is a bit crazy. Im happy that half of that pile will be carried to gigs by the another guitarist :D . Well just kidding, because actually they are really easy to carry - A lot easier than i.e. drums. It's good that a round wheel was the one that catch on over the triangle and rectangular ;) .

I wish I would have money for a proper camera. So that I could take e.g. the Blackmachine pictures you are requesting. I guess buying a house might have some impact to the fact that I don't have the camera :confused: .

Sam Laming":3hrvhp9p said:
Haha, this is your guitar isn't it?

http://www.blackmachine.net/SpecialsFrame.htm

Spalted F8?..

I presume Nolly wants **MORE** pictures :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah that's his. One of the coolest spalt tops I've ever seen.

It's just that the pictures on the website are taken very soon after the guitars are built (the wood darkens a fair bit with time), and with unnatural light. My guitar looks very different in person to the ones on the website, and I'm sure i.ak's is the same. It'd be quite interesting to see some more natural photos of the guitar.

Nolly":2vlzr7ga said:
Sam Laming":2vlzr7ga said:
Haha, this is your guitar isn't it?

http://www.blackmachine.net/SpecialsFrame.htm

Spalted F8?..

I presume Nolly wants **MORE** pictures :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah that's his. One of the coolest spalt tops I've ever seen.

It's just that the pictures on the website are taken very soon after the guitars are built (the wood darkens a fair bit with time), and with unnatural light. My guitar looks very different in person to the ones on the website, and I'm sure i.ak's is the same. It'd be quite interesting to see some more natural photos of the guitar.

Yep. Correct guitar Sam.

And yes, the wood always "lives" a bit and hence may look more or less different in different conditions over time. However, if I would oil that guitar and take some pictures right after the procedure it would look rather similar to the pictures at Doug's website - I think those pictures are actually really nice. I am planning to do the maintenence oiling, but yet haven't find enough time to do it...I think it takes like 30min to do it :D . I promise to take pictures during that. Also, some pictures will be posted whenever I get my new rig "finished" - It will be changing quite a lot due to the two heads (VH4 + MAK2) that are driven simultaneously.

i.ak":255en6t0 said:
Yep. Correct guitar Sam.

And yes, the wood always "lives" a bit and hence may look more or less different in different conditions over time. However, if I would oil that guitar and take some pictures right after the procedure it would look rather similar to the pictures at Doug's website - I think those pictures are actually really nice. I am planning to do the maintenence oiling, but yet haven't find enough time to do it...I think it takes like 30min to do it :D . I promise to take pictures during that. Also, some pictures will be posted whenever I get my new rig "finished" - It will be changing quite a lot due to the two heads (VH4 + MAK2) that are driven simultaneously.

Looking forward to that.

And my spalted B2 haha.

the_music:

Those are incredible looking guitars. There's a guy on the Nile forums that has recently had an 8-string made for him by the same guy. It's beautiful in a wonderfully uncomplicated way:

done.jpg

The_music those guitars look amazing!

+ Nolly, I should have pics of my 8 soooon, Bill (Conklin)'s got a TV crew coming around though as they've got a documentary that is supposedly being shown world wide on them being filmed.

That dude's 8 was finished on the 8/8/8 :student:

i'll post some big stage pics soon. this one doesn't show our pedalboards.

this was a small place in New Orleans, but we packed it pretty well. incidentally, we're only 2 guitars and drums. those are bass rigs (ampeg, '74 sunn model T) that we run with polyphonic octave generators. trust me, you don't miss the bass...
emperor 4x12s on the right, splawn 4x12 w/ genz benz gflex 2x12 on left

Attachments

• 8-7-08 Before The Set (NOLA).jpg
    8-7-08 Before The Set (NOLA).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,465
ajharris1215":1yz381df said:
i'll post some big stage pics soon. this one doesn't show our pedalboards.

this was a small place in New Orleans, but we packed it pretty well. incidentally, we're only 2 guitars and drums. those are bass rigs (ampeg, '74 sunn model T) that we run with polyphonic octave generators. trust me, you don't miss the bass...
emperor 4x12s on the right, splawn 4x12 w/ genz benz gflex 2x12 on left

hmmm I'd really like to hear something from you guys with those bass rigs and no bass.

myspace? youtube? clips pls :thumbsup:

only one song online, and the bass doesn't kick in until the last 30 seconds. we didn't use much of this technique on our last album. just the 2 vh4s. however, the next album will have full bass tracks all the way through...

listen to the great caldera (last riff, last 30 seconds or so) on https://www.myspace.com/collapsar

Back