Diezel User Gallery

Polyphonic octave generators and no bass? That indeed sounds really interesting :yes:

and in reference to the 8 strings earlier posted, here's the first picture of mine which eventually will look pretty much the same to the one in my display picture except crazy neck inlays and electronics :LOL: :LOL:

l_110584f306ca8fd1bd426651ebcc50a6.jpg

van hellion":3ea2wnx4 said:
Duolos":3ea2wnx4 said:

thats an ego crushing rig for sure! hope all is well Terry

peace
A Wood

All is well Andy...how are you doing my friend? I hope all is fantastic!

PETER DIEZEL!!!!!!! My VH4 is Broken :( :cry: HELP!!!!!!

JoshuaLogan":3rxr7dk8 said:
ajharris1215":3rxr7dk8 said:
nbarts":3rxr7dk8 said:
What made you prefer it over bogner cabs? How much emperor 2x12 runs for?

splawn makes an oversized 2x12. you should check it out.

emperor will build anything you want. mostly rearloaded, but i'm sure they could build a frontloaded. the company is basically 2 stoner guys that have impressive carpentry skills. you have to contact them for a quote, but i promise they're cheaper than bogner, diezel, even marshall. so is splawn for the moment. but as demand rises, this may not last.

emperor cabs are very popular right now with underground doom/metal bands. i prefer them because they don't cut any corners. all material is selected birch, including the baffle board. some cabs use pine for this. and fucking dovetail joints. i've never seen this before on any cab. dovetail is a very difficult joint to achieve. takes a lot of skill. emperors are the highest quality cabs i've ever found.

and to me, the cabs are basically transparent. they seem to produce the sound of your guitar, amp and speakers very naturally. gk100s in an emperor sound incredibly good with the vh4.

Could you compare the Emperor 6x12 to the Bogner 4x12 for me, please? I have the Bogner 4x12 and have been really, really curious about getting one of those Emperor 6x12's because they look so nice, but I don't know if I would like the sound of it better or not. Is it darker or brighter than the Bogner 4x12? More loose or more tight? Do you have V30's in your 6x12 or other speakers? What kind of music do you play? I'm guesing stoner rock/doom stuff by the type of gear you have... I'm not into loose and bassy though, so I hope that's not what they're like. But you're one of the only people I've seen who's owned both, so I'm really curious about your opinion. I've also played an Orange 4x12 if you can compare it to that...

I think the price is about $1100 or $1200 for the 6x12 shipped, so I'm not really sure if I want to do it or not....

EDIT: Also, for that padded cover you mentioned... does it cover the front of the cab or does it just go around the front/back? I mean, can you leave it on so it covers all but the front of the cab when playing live?

though i sometimes enjoy it, and despite being from south louisiana, i do not play doom/stoner rock. i do however like TONE. real tone that is warm, tight, true and clear.

its hard to explain, but i play rather progressive/experimental, time-shifting, instrumental, hyper-riff oriented metal that requires a very tight low end with warm powerful mids and flawless clarity. i can't express how tight i need my low end to be. its the basis of a vast majority of our riffs and tone... check the myspace link for a sample. however, only one song is from the new album (the great caldera), emperors were not acquired/used, and it was recorded before we integrated full time bass rigs into our overall guitar sound (which, incidentally, i highly reccommend - i use a polyphonic octave generator and a 3-way amp switcher. imagine playing guitar as usual but having an incredibly heavy bass tone behind everything you do... its beyond simply playing guitar, and is just awesome).

i think you'd be much happier with the emperor 6x12 over a single bogner or orange 4x12. compared to almost any 4x12, the sound from a 6x12 is much more dynamic and full. IMHO, emperor's 6x12s not only sound better than the bogner 4x12s, but are superior to them in every way from design to construction/materials to overall quality, etc., etc...

i have mine loaded with 3 vintage 30s and 3 gk100s in a staggered pattern (awesome comination). the cab remains tight and true to the tone pushed through it. i would say its slightly darker than a bogner 4x12, but brighter than the orange. i have 2 bogner 4x12s and i find them to be very "forward projecting" cabs. the oranges are like this as well. the emperor 6x12 does a much better job of spreading the sound while producing more low end and much sweeter mids. the low end is probably a touch looser than the bogner 4x12, but not by much. actually, so little that its hardly worth mentioning.

i think the real effect that will come from an emperor 4x12 relies on the amp you're running through it. the cabs produce a nice, sweet, warm and natural tone that stays very tight with both my vh4 and '74 sunn model T. i've heard them with other amps (ecstacy 101b, bad cat, orange or120, green/matamp, etc.) and they always sounded good. as i mentioned before, emperor cabs seem to transparently produce the sound of the amp, and as with any good cabinet, tweaking a few knobs will bring you to where you want to be.

emperor sells thier cabs with thick padded slip covers... they slip on from the top and you have to remove them to play. they're mostly for transportation.

I thought this was the "Diezel User Gallery". I have to wade through all kinds of crap to get to the pics of the Diezels... :doh: :doh: :gethim:

Sam Laming":2v8y0rp0 said:
Nolly":2v8y0rp0 said:
AtownBcat":2v8y0rp0 said:

Are you able to keep everything plugged in like that when you put the back lid on apart from power supplies?

Yeah, it looks so messy because there are spare cables lying on the ground, the MIDI cable from the head to the rack is wayy too long, and the long cable that runs to the G-System is draped over the top. That said, it is still pretty messy, I'll definitely be going over the thing with a pack of cable ties, neatening it all up.

Sick, I'm definitely considering getting one, though I think I'm going to be getting another amp for my 8 strings Piezo out so shall wait till I do so but that CastleCases link you sent a while back looks awesome + they do Diezel's now by standard :thumbsup:

Haha, just saw this on the Bareknuckle forum, that is immense, I may save for one of those new Diezel cabs, even on a youtube clip I saw comparing the 2 the difference was huuuuge.

rig.jpg

The top head is a 70s London City. The cab is temporarily fitted with two V30s, saving money for a proper 4x12 for the Herbert.

I build a case for my 4x12 this week (did this for the first time). Here are some Photos. Sorry about the bad quality but I only had my handy with me... :( The wheels are still the ones from the cab, I cut some holes in the bottom of the case so that they can "look out". The case will alsways be around the cab and I only take off the front plate to play. Don´t hit me, some srews are still missing... I´ll buy them tomorrow :D

Attachments

• img225.jpg
    img225.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 3,354
  • img226.jpg
    img226.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 3,354
  • img227.jpg
    img227.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 3,352
  • img228.jpg
    img228.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 3,355
  • img229.jpg
    img229.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 3,356
Thanks a lot! I did my best :) I hope that it will last a long time, as long as i play my Diezel... So it will be a lifelong time :yes:

Back