Diezel User Gallery

i.ak":3d3h42tb said:
Sam Laming":3d3h42tb said:
Hmmmm, you can't do CCing with a Columbus can you?

Apparently the Whammy pedal kills tone big time being up front but I haven't used mine in so long I'm not sure/don't have enough cables to try myself :LOL: :LOL:

Practically I know nothing about the Columbus. :(

I bet you know there is small true-bypass-loop pedals available? :yes:

:scared: I'm not sure I know what you mean exactly, help :LOL: :LOL:

Sam Laming":1ktv8cyn said:
i.ak":1ktv8cyn said:
Sam Laming":1ktv8cyn said:
Hmmmm, you can't do CCing with a Columbus can you?

Apparently the Whammy pedal kills tone big time being up front but I haven't used mine in so long I'm not sure/don't have enough cables to try myself :LOL: :LOL:

Practically I know nothing about the Columbus. :(

I bet you know there is small true-bypass-loop pedals available? :yes:

:scared: I'm not sure I know what you mean exactly, help :LOL: :LOL:

I mean that you can put your Whammy-thingie in a TBP-loop if you do not want it to affect your tone when not using it.

There are hundreds of different alternatives available - all with tons of different qualities and features (wether they are preferable or not is a completely different thing). To make myself even more (un)clear please look at the link bellow. That link is just to give you an idea, not an advertisement for AnalogMan. Believe me there really is a lot to choose from nowadays and building your own is fun as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.analogman.com/switchbox/index.htm

Cool man, well I've not had the cables to use my whammy in quite some time, I've heard that they slaughter the tone :LOL: :LOL: so I'll see for myself and if there's any truth in that I may look into these :yes:

i.ak":2nyv8aqm said:
Sam, The answer here is MIDI CC-commands and the VoodooLab GCX. :thumbsup:

I have as well my Whammy at my rack and it is controlled via MIDI through the GCX. For the actual controlling, I have a GCP and two Ernie Ball volume pedals at my pedal board. The reason why I put the Whammy in the rack, is that I do not have to route the signal away from the rack. My other pedals are also located in the rack shelf.

Hi, please..you can use Ernie Ball volume pedal..the mono one as a expression pedal to your rack gear or for whammy in rack too?

I´d like to have one of Ernieballs to use it like espression for whammy and reck effcts. So I´d like to ask, which one do you use like espression..if it is the mono version or stereo. or please link me the on. And please I have a bit ptoblem with midi signal path, to put he whammy in the rack to midi chain. The whammy have only the midi in and not the out one, so I think, I need something whi does to multiply the midi signal into two ways..one to go along the midi chain and the second to go tu whammy. Don´t you know how to do this too? The links, whre to buy this in Europe..mysbe Thomann..will be great :)

Thanks a lot ;)

Just want to share a very cool picture of my "undressed" Herbert :)

Attachments

• herbert.jpg
    herbert.jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 4,040
borkincz":1xt7ksrn said:
i.ak":1xt7ksrn said:

I have as well my Whammy at my rack and it is controlled via MIDI through the GCX. For the actual controlling, I have a GCP and two Ernie Ball volume pedals at my pedal board. The reason why I put the Whammy in the rack, is that I do not have to route the signal away from the rack. My other pedals are also located in the rack shelf.

Hi, please..you can use Ernie Ball volume pedal..the mono one as a expression pedal to your rack gear or for whammy in rack too?

I´d like to have one of Ernieballs to use it like espression for whammy and reck effcts. So I´d like to ask, which one do you use like espression..if it is the mono version or stereo. or please link me the on. And please I have a bit ptoblem with midi signal path, to put he whammy in the rack to midi chain. The whammy have only the midi in and not the out one, so I think, I need something whi does to multiply the midi signal into two ways..one to go along the midi chain and the second to go tu whammy. Don´t you know how to do this too? The links, whre to buy this in Europe..mysbe Thomann..will be great :)

Thanks a lot ;)

Yes. I use EB mono pedals for the MIDI-commands. Any passive pedal will work just fine so basically it is a question of personal preferences in terms of feel and construction. However, there needs to be some application which is able to send the MIDI CC-commands. A device such as the VoodooLab GCP in my case.

You can find MIDI-splitters for very affordable price almost anywhere. Try e.g. MidiSolutions in Thomann's search.

Please remember that the Whammy understands only MIDI-channel 1.

Finally I managed to take a pic...
Still saving for this überCab of yours Peter!!

cheerZ everyone

Attachments

• IMG_3879.JPG
    IMG_3879.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 7,177
  • IMG_3544.JPG
    IMG_3544.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 7,183
i.ak":1qu6h2s3 said:
borkincz":1qu6h2s3 said:
i.ak":1qu6h2s3 said:

Thanks a lot ;)

Yes. I use EB mono pedals for the MIDI-commands. Any passive pedal will work just fine so basically it is a question of personal preferences in terms of feel and construction. However, there needs to be some application which is able to send the MIDI CC-commands. A device such as the VoodooLab GCP in my case.

You can find MIDI-splitters for very affordable price almost anywhere. Try e.g. MidiSolutions in Thomann's search.

Please remember that the Whammy understands only MIDI-channel 1.

All right, thanks..but only question..you use as expression pedal which of theese? All are mono..ut there are differences. I don´t understand them, so I only need to know, which one to buy and use :) , thanks .. ERNIE BALL EB6180 VP-JR, ERNIE BALL EB6166 or ERNIE BALL EB6181 (it´s from Thomann.de).

Thanks a lot ;)

They should all work just fine.

Just buy a mono pedal (stereo will work as well, but you have no need for it). I bet you know that the JR is smaller sized? I have no idea what is so "new" and fancy about the one option so that they can justify the price.

Also other manufacturers' pedals will work as long as the signal route is passive. This is because you will be controlling the voltage with the pedal's potentiometer. Easy way to tell wether the pedal is active or passive is to find out does it need external power. Active pedals do require and passives (usually) do not. However, there is few exceptions, such as Morley's Little Alligator which requires external power, but is still passive.

i.ak":1jjgc638 said:
They should all work just fine.

Just buy a mono pedal (stereo will work as well, but you have no need for it). I bet you know that the JR is smaller sized? I have no idea what is so "new" and fancy about the one option so that they can justify the price.

Also other manufacturers' pedals will work as long as the signal route is passive. This is because you will be controlling the voltage with the pedal's potentiometer. Easy way to tell wether the pedal is active or passive is to find out does it need external power. Active pedals do require and passives (usually) do not. However, there is few exceptions, such as Morley's Little Alligator which requires external power, but is still passive.

Thanks so much, I didn´t know even about the JR..I´ll buy the big one.. I wanna Ernieball becouse of it´s metal robust construction..

Thanks ;) :thumbsup:

studio_ampslow.jpg

studio_amp-gtrslow.jpg

studio_amp-gtr-jameslow.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Guitars:
2 - Gibson Les Paul Standards
Gibson Les Paul Special (Humbucker)
Gibson Les Paul Special (P90)
Fender Telecaster (American Standard)
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Washburn HB35 Semi-Hollow (Duncan 59's)
Italia Semi-Hollow Body (P90's)
Martin DC-16RGTE Acoustic Guitar
Fender P Bass (American)
Ibanez 5 String Bass

Amps & Cabs:
Diezel Herbert 180 Watt Head
Marshall 71' Super Tremolo 100 Watt Head (mod)
Orange Thunderverb 50 Amp Head
Marshall JCM2000 100 Watt Head
Vox AC15 Combo Amp
Fender Deluxe Reverb 1X12 Combo Amp
Bogner 4X12 Cab - V30/75's
Orange 4X12 Cab Vintage 30's

Effects, Tuners & Misc:
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Korg DTR 2000 - Digital Tuner
Line 6 MM4 Chorus/Tremelo/Flanger
Line 6 DL4 Delay/Echo/Reverse
Cry Baby Wah Wah,
Ebow, Slide, Capo, MXR EQ

Thanks man.

It's been a lot of years of figuring out what I like, what I need to make money at work and what suits my playing.
:rock:

James Lugo":37j7rnp8 said:
Thanks man.

It's been a lot of years of figuring out what I like, what I need to make money at work and what suits my playing.

How you diggin' that Les Paul special? What is the sound like compared to your standard?

Der Selle":2f2xh7s2 said:
This is my Diezel amp and Speaker collection.
I´m a proudly Diezel user an Fan since 1997. Diezel are the best
The Guitars are Morgaine Guitars from Jörg Tandler
I think these are the best Replica´s worldwide you can buy with money.

Greetings from Germany
Markus

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Killer set up :shocked:

Szar":2f46gx2t said:
James Lugo":2f46gx2t said:
Thanks man.

How you diggin' that Les Paul special? What is the sound like compared to your standard?

Szar,

Honestly the Special gets the most use of all the guitars in the studio. The all mahogany body just sounds tighter.

J

Back