Fender Joe Holmes style Strat.

grooveHT":10qofh01 said:
sah5150":10qofh01 said:
scriptphase":10qofh01 said:
I prefer the Henning. Perfect!
:rock:

Steve

Agree completely Steve; the non-fine-tuner floyd puts it over the top for me.

Btw, how do you like the roasted maple neck?
It looks great, feels great and stays straight.

Steve

DICKROSE":3e9c7bvf said:
Steve, without a locking nut, it stays in tune still?

Absolutely does. I have locking tuners on the guitar and so, it stays in tune very well since it is locked on both sides.

DICKROSE":3e9c7bvf said:
Original style Floyd, loving that big time!!! What type of neck is that? Sick guitar !

It is a Musikraft AAAAA birdseye maple neck that has been roasted and has a dark oil finish.

Steve

charvelstrat81":2nu9ufrm said:
Steve what p'u did you load into that musikraft home made strat?
Look awesome man! :thumbsup:
Thanks! Originally, in the pictures above, I had a Duncan Custom Shop RTM (The DiMartini pickup - like a hotter JB almost 19K ohm output!) and some Wizz single coils in the other positions. I HATED the RTM, too much output, garbled sounding - just terrible in this guitar to my ears. Also, it was way out of whack with the Wizz single coils (WAY too much output), which have a sixties vintage sound. I took out the Wizz pickups and put them in my Fiesta Red Musikraft '69 strat relic with the original Wizz bridge single coil. The RTM I took out and threw in my parts bin.

The guitar now has a Duncan SSL-6 single coil in the neck and a rare vintage '70s Mighty Mite 1300 Distortion humbucker in the bridge. The SSL-6 is pretty hot and matches the Mighty Mite perfectly. The Mighty Mite sounds like a slightly hotter Dimarzio Super Distortion - my favorite bridge pickup. This combo sounds GREAT in this guitar. Here is what it looks like now. It looked better the other way, but sounds WAY better now, which is all that matters:

mm_5.jpg

mm_1.jpg

mm_2.jpg

mm_3.jpg

mm_4.jpg

Steve

dougiefresh":313fdfc7 said:
My build was also made using a Musikraft body and neck
that were finished by MJT.
The Floyd installation, humbucker rout, fret level and assembly were done by Lee at GMW.
image.jpg1_zpsxv7xgvk3.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsskwgofdf.jpg
Nice!

Steve

Lord Toneking":34n9v1ro said:
I like my strat. Made in USA, paid $250 for it, gutted it, sanded it, added new pickguard, Seymour Duncan distortion/jazz, 3 way switch, volume - no tone knob, sperzel tuners and a gotoh 510TS

It's my new favorite guitar :thumbsup:

Cool. :rock:

Does that Gotoh go right on the existing Fender pole pieces? Are there any modifications necessary?

Badronald":2nm44q05 said:
Lord Toneking":2nm44q05 said:
I like my strat. Made in USA, paid $250 for it, gutted it, sanded it, added new pickguard, Seymour Duncan distortion/jazz, 3 way switch, volume - no tone knob, sperzel tuners and a gotoh 510TS

It's my new favorite guitar :thumbsup:

Cool. :rock:

Does that Gotoh go right on the existing Fender pole pieces? Are there any modifications necessary?
nope, it fits right in there. Just need to pull your old studs and tap in your new ones. The pic I posted has the old studs but I've since pulled them and installed the black ones that came with the trem. I also added a Tremol-no

Steve,

You're dead on that Fender will price this guitar at around 5K at least. You only have to look at similar custom shop models (see wildwestguitars.com) to come to that conclusion. I'd either build my own or wait a few years when the price will start to bottom out (if they make enough).

tak":3l10putl said:
Steve,

You're dead on that Fender will price this guitar at around 5K at least. You only have to look at similar custom shop models (see wildwestguitars.com) to come to that conclusion. I'd either build my own or wait a few years when the price will start to bottom out (if they make enough).
Actually, now I'm seeing that it is a John Cruz Masterbuilt, so I'm thinking more like $7300. The Wildwood 10 master built strats are in that range. The Wild West Custom shops like this one are team builds and they are like $4799.

Steve

I made a bit of a mistake with mine.
I put it up in it's Reunion Blues bag, and forgot about it for a while.
Now the fancy diamond shaped cushioning in the bag has left a light blue pattern on the back of the body.

sah5150":gtjcirwi said:
I'll bet that guitar will be in the $5K range. I built this for $1600 from Musikraft parts, even counting what I paid MJT to finish and relic the body. For something like this, you are better off building it:

jhf_1.jpg

Steve
Sweet guitar. Did Musikraft roast that neck for you? I didn't see it as an option on their website.

Tone Jones":3ucdzoos said:
sah5150":3ucdzoos said:
I'll bet that guitar will be in the $5K range. I built this for $1600 from Musikraft parts, even counting what I paid MJT to finish and relic the body. For something like this, you are better off building it:

jhf_1.jpg

Steve
Sweet guitar. Did Musikraft roast that neck for you? I didn't see it as an option on their website.
Thanks, and yes, they did. They option is under "Additional Services".

Steve

sah5150":6sb4id7r said:
Tone Jones":6sb4id7r said:
sah5150":6sb4id7r said:
Steve

Steve
Whoops missed that, thanks.

On the bridge route, does the non fine tuner Floyd route line up with their two post tremolo route or was that something they did custom for you? Hoping I didn't miss it on their website again. I dig the single locking concept like the Guthrie Charvel and wonder if Musikraft would even do a recess route for it? I've previously asked Warmoth about custom routes and they were pretty rigid on what they would and would not do.

Tone Jones":2q2eud18 said:
sah5150":2q2eud18 said:
Tone Jones":2q2eud18 said:
sah5150":2q2eud18 said:
Steve

Steve

On the bridge route, does the non fine tuner Floyd route line up with their two post tremolo route or was that something they did custom for you? Hoping I didn't miss it on their website again. I dig the single locking concept like the Guthrie Charvel and wonder if Musikraft would even do a recess route for it? I've previously asked Warmoth about custom routes and they were pretty rigid on what they would and would not do.
The regular floyd route will work with the non fine tuner floyd. Dunno if they will do a recessed route for it. I doubt it.

Steve

sah5150":1wdkopw6 said:
Tone Jones":1wdkopw6 said:
Tone Jones":1wdkopw6 said:
Steve

Steve

The regular floyd route will work with the non fine tuner floyd. Dunno if they will do a recessed route for it. I doubt it.

Steve
Makes sense. Thanks!

sah5150":1rlymzn4 said:

jhf_1.jpg

Steve

I think your guitar looks waaaaay better & for 1/4 of the price too.

sah5150":114clase said:
Steinmetzify":114clase said:
God dammit Steve....shopping Warmoth parts now....
Shop Musikraft instead... just saying'...

Steve
Steve. First of all... HOLY SHIT! Second, I have given this a LOT of thought and I should be your first official Henning artist. I discussed it with Mountain Girl and she agrees.

This master build guitar from John Cruz is going to cost about 7000 to 9000 dollars. I saw a John Cruz build Fender that was posted by Wildwest Guitars a couple of weeks ago for around 9000 dollars. In my opinion, no bolt on guitar should cost 7000 to 9000 dollars regardless of how good or famous the luthier is. I don't know if the mark up is from Wildwest Guitars or from Fender but it's just ridiculous. By the way, that guitar is no longer there so I guess there will always be some idiots who's willing to pony up for this.

I'm curious - is any of you fine gentlemen in the posession of a pic that shows a real x-year old played and used guitar? I like relic guitars myself and the above have definitely a coolness factor, but i think they're going a bit over the top, as far as "realistic" goes.

This is the only one that comes to my mind:
1.jpg

Back