First Time getting ripped off. EDIT>>>>>!!!!!!!

Gainfreak

Yup, It Finally happened and it's partly my fault.

I decided to sell off some of the stuff that I had laying around , so I put up a few things on e-bay. One of the Items that sold was an old Kramer guitar that I had and I was happy that the person who bought it was a collector of old Kramers, so I knew it was going to a good home.

Long story short, I used the Online Paypal USPS process that Paypal pretty much crams down your fucking throat, Boxed up the guitar and dropped it off at the United States Postal service.
The crafty scumbags at the Postal service more then likely knew what I was shipping , never scanned the shipping label in on the package and the guitar miraculously dissappeared into thin air.

So I learned whenever you use an Online paypal service and print up a tracking lablel and bring it to the USPS you need to FORCE the clerk to scan the Item in otherwise you have no recourse. Ive sent a lot of stuff this way and never had a problem but i guess I finally met a scumbag who was willing to steal packages from the postal service.
In doing some research, this has been happening a lot, so I figured that Id pass this along.

I am an idiot for not making sure they scanned in my Package and I'm also an Idiot for getting a receipt from the USPS, so I take full responsibilty, but if I can help anyone else from making this mistake, Id be happy.

Anyway, I got burned for the Holidays but it's a lesson learned.

All the best everyone and Happy Holidays.

Ralph

Wow, that's incredibly crappy. It's amazing the about of bad stuff that goes on during the holiday season like that.

Not only do you have to be worry about getting screwed by buyers but also disappearing into the USPS system, sorry to hear that.

I ordered something that was shipped priority mail that was scanned in and the tracking said delivered and I never got it. When they ran a trace they said they delivered it and absolved themselves of any responsibility it just disappeared in their system never got my money back.

A quick look online showed me just how much this happens especially this time of year unfortunately.

I filed a complaint with the USPS and they said that they would call me in a couple of days with some news. I'm not the type of person who goes away easily, so they are going to get tired of hearing from me lol. I already went to the postal office that I sent the package from and asked a ton of questions. I'm going back at lunchtime and I'm going to tell the guy who handled the package and didn't scan it in that he should get his story straight because I'm pressing charges. I'll know by the look on his face if he is worried or not. He seemed pretty agitated when I came in the first time to ask where my package was lol

It's an expensive lesson I had to learn but it was a good one ;)

~R~

LP Freak":3f0a1od0 said:
So how do you make sure they scan it?
You hand them the package and ask them to scan the barcode and have them hand you a receipt . After speaking to the post office Im not even sure if it will matter.

That sucks big time Ralphie, sorry to hear about that... I hope you can get the situation resolved. Nothing worse than having to deal with shit like this.

I'm in the middle of an eBay related issue myself. I bought a Ground Control Pro back in November and the guy just isn't responding.. I got one excuse and then nothing ever again. It's been a month now since i won and paid for the thing. Looks like i gotta sort the problem out by getting onto PayPal. Otherwise I'm £200 out of pocket.

Shiny_Surface":34r7ceso said:
Not only do you have to be worry about getting screwed by buyers but also disappearing into the USPS system, sorry to hear that.

I ordered something that was shipped priority mail that was scanned in and the tracking said delivered and I never got it. When they ran a trace they said they delivered it and absolved themselves of any responsibility it just disappeared in their system never got my money back.
Aint that a bitch? Ive heard of that happening as well. They have no problem taking your money but God forbid you actually have a problem, Then it's like asking for a miracle in order to get your problems resolved lol

Sounds like some "Season's Beatings" are due to somebody :gethim:

That absolutely blows...I hope the rest of your holiday rocks!

USPS tracking system sucks. Don't use it for high value stuff! It's not real time like UPS or FedEx. USPS can not tell you exactly where a package is at any time. The mailman doesn't have an electronic sig pad/scanner like UPS/Fedex.I had USPS lose a package and the delivery confirmation showed it was delivered to the wrong zip code. After a big runaround I was told sorry,nothing we can do we have no way of knowing where the package was delivered. With UPS/FedEx when they deliver it it is scanned so they can find it even if it went to the wrong house. Signature required option stops the front porch thieves. Sorry you got burned. I learned the hard way too.

MrDan666":2b694slp said:
That sucks big time Ralphie, sorry to hear about that... I hope you can get the situation resolved. Nothing worse than having to deal with shit like this.

I'm in the middle of an eBay related issue myself. I bought a Ground Control Pro back in November and the guy just isn't responding.. I got one excuse and then nothing ever again. It's been a month now since i won and paid for the thing. Looks like i gotta sort the problem out by getting onto PayPal. Otherwise I'm £200 out of pocket.
Dan, Sorry to hear that man. If you didn't do this already You need to file a complaint on E-bay and they will handle the situation.
I told the the person who bought the guitar from me to do this just so we have records of all this stuff and to make him feel comfortable that I was not the one who scammed him and I will be returning his money.

rupe":1o3789ct said:
Sounds like some "Season's Beatings" are due to somebody :gethim:

That absolutely blows...I hope the rest of your holiday rocks!
Hahaha! Seasons beatings :D

This most definitely put a damper on things but a lot worse things could have happened! Hope the rest of your Holiday Rocks to! :rock:

Wouldn't that be a federal offense if proven guilty?

I feel your pain bro and sorry to hear you got taken. That does suck big time.

Steve

BrokenFusion":22qgxoaj said:
USPS tracking system sucks. Don't use it for high value stuff! It's not real time like UPS or FedEx. USPS can not tell you exactly where a package is at any time. The mailman doesn't have an electronic sig pad/scanner like UPS/Fedex.I had USPS lose a package and the delivery confirmation showed it was delivered to the wrong zip code. After a big runaround I was told sorry,nothing we can do we have no way of knowing where the package was delivered. With UPS/FedEx when they deliver it it is scanned so they can find it even if it went to the wrong house. Signature required option stops the front porch thieves. Sorry you got burned. I learned the hard way too.

Man, I'm sorry that you got burned to. I agree with you and what really KILLS me is that I would have never used USPS if it hadn't been for my Girlfriend. She runs an e-bay store and I sold the guitar through her store. She swore up and down that USPS would be fine and I should have went with my gut and not used them.

steve_k":lyh8y29t said:
Wouldn't that be a federal offense if proven guilty?

I feel your pain bro and sorry to hear you got taken. That does suck big time.

Steve
Steve!

Yes, It is a federal offense and I plan on getting the ball rolling. I'm going to the Postal service during Lunch and I'm getting the names of the people who took the package. I truly believe that Im fully burned on this but at least I can rattle a few people and make them think twice about doing this to someone else.

Gjeven":tbwo4zpp said:
Wow, that's incredibly crappy. It's amazing the about of bad stuff that goes on during the holiday season like that.
It seems to be more rampant since the economy went in the toilet :doh:

Back