Fryette Classic XXX

Any other info? These were “only” 100 watts per side?

I’d love to get one, but it’ll be much easier for me to justify if it could power a bass rig too. 100 watts would be a bit light.

Piero the Guitarero":1w1k6jy4 said:
guitarnerdswe":1w1k6jy4 said:
I had one of the originals, and I'm pretty sure it was 120 watts per side. Think I still have the manual somewhere.
according to this Fryette Kickstarter crowdfunding its 100W per channel

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/91 ... power-ampl

Specifications 100WPC Pentode Mode, 50WPC Triode Mode, 50WPC Half Power Mode, 25WPC Combined Triode/Half Power Mode @ 4, 8 and 16 ohms.

Weird, I found an online manual and it was 120W (or 105W with both sides simultaneously:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/85652 ... e=4#manual

So, perhaps it's not an exact reissue?

That SC20 Head sounded pretty nice. Wish he had actually played it at volume rather than just swell up to it on the guitar. Wanted to hear how tight it was. Hard to tell on a power amp on a video. You need to hear how they respond in person because ultimately so much of the tone your hearing is the preamp. Now that I know my recent Mesa Quad acquisition is a keeper wouldn’t mind a PA for it. For now though it sounded incredible using the return on my MK V.
A chrome face VHT would look cool as shit with it.

cardinal":1kg0fo2b said:
Any other info? These were “only” 100 watts per side?

I’d love to get one, but it’ll be much easier for me to justify if it could power a bass rig too. 100 watts would be a bit light.

strategy 400/500 would do the job

Skoora I would look at a Strategy 400 or 500 to use with a Mesa Quad Preamp. The Mark amps voice always reminds me of the 6L6 thing. If your not using stereo effects I would just use the Mark V or Tremoverb poweramp. Maybe run both.

stephen sawall":13gxbltc said:
Skoora I would look at a Strategy 400 or 500 to use with a Mesa Quad Preamp. The Mark amps voice always reminds me of the 6L6 thing. If your not using stereo effects I would just use the Mark V or Tremoverb poweramp. Maybe run both.

I think your right. My MK V has 34’s In it but I still run the T-Verb with 6L6’s. Running the pre into both those heads could be fun. Hopefully I don’t get into ground differential hell though...lol
Then I can bide my time on a good deal on a PA. Realistically I don’t need more than a 50 watt PA, not playing out. The idea of having a Strategy 400 in the basement is pretty funny...and awesome at the same time.

Back