Guitar Center kept their word... So NGD!

Link to the model picture.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SC58BKS/

I went to GC to see what cool is in the used dept. Guys there were almost all new, new store manager. Odd. Anyway, I was looking at some PRS single cuts. Guy is telling me how great they are and one is insanely discounted.

A SC 58... Charcoal 10 top, beautiful. 1799. Fancy paisley case. New. I play it 5 minutes and say will take it.

At the register it rings up as something else, the 3 pickup Strat model. Guitar Center sucks it up and sells me the SC-58 for 1799. They did keep the tags and the store manager had to authorize the deal. He said I got the deal of the year..

I don't have photobucket but sent Ventura a pic of the guitar with the wrong hang tag. He may post it up.

Anyway, Guitar Center stood behind their word. Good on them.

Fucking score! Congrats. That's a better deal than my SC245 I got for $1480 new at the Guitar-a-thon sale!

Pics???

Stramm8":7lc4xr7r said:
Nice! Was it the store off n Druid hills?

The one on 41 up from Cumberland mall. Not the downtown store. New store manager and all new faces in guitars.

Gotta respect them sticking with the Price. I saw the correct hang tag. Over 3200$. I will remember this one. It is hard to find an ethical business like that.

The yellow clearance tag had tiny text for PRS 305. What was weird is that it was for black slate. So looking at it at a glance you see PRS Black and 1799 in 5x the size text.

Been playing it watching college football. It is a better Les Paul than my 2 Les Pauls...

:LOL: :LOL:

Ya, this is off-the-hook-goddamn-fine luck!! Heritage sent me these 2 pics earlier today and I nearly fell out of my chair. Part of me wanted to phone the store and outbid 'him on the spot (LOL, I'd never do that to a Bro, just sayin'...). Seriously, killer PRS and a STUPID price!! I mean, shit, this is less than a Carvin people :doh: :rock: :2thumbsup:

Check it out :yes:

Man, I wish I had a GC in my local city...especially a GC staffed with peeps who don't know jack about gear :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• PRS-1.jpg
    PRS-1.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 1,411
  • PRS-2.jpg
    PRS-2.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 1,412
Not ethical at all. If I'm a store owner and some idiot puts a price tag on a guitar that is $1,500 less than the price of the guitar I'm gonna have to tell you so.
No way as he obligated to give away that guitar.
Good for you though.

They were selling me on it as a great deal. I had no idea it was such a great deal. Had never played a SC 58. The sales guy was right. Killer playing guitar. Best neck pickup on an LP I have found yet. Sweet.... Gonna sound great when the Helios arrives...

And they in no way tried to back out of selling it at that price. As much as people slag guitar center... They sold it for almost 2500 less than the Sweetwater advertised price.

Oh I am one lucky bastard. Just want to make sure Guitar Center gets credit for standing behind the salesman that was convincing me it was a great guitar at a great price. They could have tried to back out of it, could have made the salesman look bad, but they did not. Store manager is a stand up guy. Also, none of them mentioned the correct price! They said it had the wrong sale tag. That is it.

Guitar Center Rocks!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Stramm8":xmdmpm3c said:
Nice! Was it the store off n Druid hills?

Congrats on the awesome gear score, Heritage.

Back in 87-88, I had ALOT of fun around the North Druid Hills area. Guitar Center didn't exist back then, but there was an apartment complex ("Briarcliff Gables", I think) , that was insane with single women......
If someone wrote a book about the Atlanta music scene around that time, that apartment complex would get my vote for having its own chapter :LOL: :LOL:

Badronald":1i0k1g41 said:
Not ethical at all. If I'm a store owner and some idiot puts a price tag on a guitar that is $1,500 less than the price of the guitar I'm gonna have to tell you so.
Good for you though.
as being a store manager in my previous career, the law dictates that they HAVE to sell for what the tag states,even if the description is for a different product as long as the tag is affixed to the product. Not a lot of people know that but props to gc for not trying to weasel out of it, which can happen if you have a customer who doesnt know that.

^ +311

Badronald":2ixehvhl said:
Good for you though.

Not ethical?

It would be unethical to advertise something at a certain price and then renege. Actually, they are obligated to sell it at that price. They would have the BBB crawling up their ass if they didn't.

Beautiful guitar H.S. Congrats.

Congrats on your ngd ! I have found a few great deals on things there that were either priced by a jackass or mislabeled.

I believe the law is to prevent bait and switch sales tactics. If the price tag is the proper tag for that guitar (and it didn't say Squire Strat on it), they have to honor the advertised (tag) price.

Killer PRS, enjoy! :rock:

HNGD, killer deal on that . Glad I didn't see it cause I don't have the money and seeing that would have killed me . I've been wanting another 58 but don't see it happening .

Congrats

Back