Has anyone ever implied that you were not good enough of a guitar player to justify your expensive gear?

Yep, it was me saying it to myself :LOL:

I consider myself a slightly-above-average player but there's no way in hell I actually need all the gear I own. Trying new stuff is fun though :giggle:

This is no different to me than saying, should you buy a Ferrari even though you don’t need one but can afford it and want one?

Exactly… who cares?

Yep, it was me saying it to myself :LOL:

I consider myself a slightly-above-average player but there's no way in hell I actually need all the gear I own. Trying new stuff is fun though :giggle:
Same, except I'm still a below average player :LOL:

But this question could be applied to lots of hobbies right?
Cars (as mentioned)
Golf
Horses
Guns
Drag racing
even things like painting, writing, blogging, etc etc.

Hell, I have friends that spend an inordinate amount of time and money on fishing gear and they can't catch fish. Like, the "Larry" rod with the "Wizard" reel and the "Cameron" bait (see what I did there) :yes: . And I've got average fishing gear and catch big smallies all the time with nothing but a plastic worm on a Texas rig :D

But guess what? They get enjoyment out of fishing - so who cares.

Last edited:
Same, except I'm still a below average player :LOL:

But this question could be applied to lots of hobbies right?
Cars (as mentioned)
Golf
Horses
Guns
Drag racing
even things like painting, writing, blogging, etc etc.

Hell, I have friends that spend an inordinate amount of time and money on fishing gear and they can't catch fish. Like, the "Larry" rod with the "Wizard" reel and the "Cameron" bait (see what I did there) :yes: And I've got average fishing gear and catch big smallies all the time with nothing but a plastic worm on a Texas rig :D
I'm rigging my bass rig up as we speak, been fishing trout and crappie...heading down to Southern MO next weekend, ready to get into some large jaws. BTW I use the "Marshall DSL" of reels, Pfluger Presidents. Never let me down!!
71C20926-B19F-42E8-BBAE-B9CA180868A5.jpeg

I'm rigging my bass rig up as we speak, been fishing trout and crappie...heading down to Southern MO next weekend, ready to get into some large jaws. BTW I use the "Marshall DSL" of reels, Pfluger Presidents. Never let me down!!View attachment 116806
Another hobby of mine as well for over 40 yrs (hence moving from the shit hole that is NJ to Paradise (South Florida)
There's actually another full rack there too.

Attachments

• 20150228_144557_2.jpg
    20150228_144557_2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 35
I'm rigging my bass rig up as we speak, been fishing trout and crappie...heading down to Southern MO next weekend, ready to get into some large jaws. BTW I use the "Marshall DSL" of reels, Pfluger Presidents. Never let me down!!View attachment 116806
I have a similar Pflueger reel (good reels for sure...DSL like). I'm digging my Shimano reels which for me, are more Splawn like :LOL:

A8LUxVdl.jpg

But yeah - good fishing to be had in Southern MO.

I play for me and no-one else. Do I suck? Yep. Do I care? Not particularly. This is a fun way for me to get away from the day.

And fishing is awesome. Love my Pflueger spin casters too! Paired with Fenwick rods - cost effective and tough to do better for the dollar!

I play for me and no-one else. Do I suck? Yep. Do I care? Not particularly. This is a fun way for me to get away from the day.

And fishing is awesome. Love my Pflueger spin casters too! Paired with Fenwick rods - cost effective and tough to do better for the dollar!
Hell yeah, I usually pack in 2 30 size pfluger and one ps35. I'll put the 35 on a MH pole, and I use one spool on the 30 with 4 lb test and one with 10 lb braid. Sometimes I will even take just the extra spool and 2 rods (one mh and one UL) and a box of jig heads, and worms. Cover a lot of ground with a little bit!
C0EDD414-DD72-4FF5-A5F8-757C0D62490E.jpeg

I'm in North Arkansas and fish here and MO all the time. Where you headed?
I'm gonna go down to Taneycomo, and then my buddy is having a baby party up near Kingdom City and there are some old stocked farm ponds that aren't pressured...so I am pumped. Where do you usually fish at down there?

I'm gonna go down to Taneycomo, and then my buddy is having a baby party up near Kingdom City and there are some old stocked farm ponds that aren't pressured...so I am pumped. Where do you usually fish at down there?
Taneycomo is great for trout, you can fish lots of public docs or Scotty's Trout Dock at Branson is good. Table Rock is fantastic but won't be as productive from the bank as Taneycomo. If you want a guided trip on Table Rock, you can get into some great bass. Same for Bull Shoals lake.

About an hour south of there you've got the White River which has some world-class rainbow and brown trout fishing. Lots of public access too.

Taneycomo is great for trout, you can fish lots of public docs or Scotty's Trout Dock at Branson is good. Table Rock is fantastic but won't be as productive from the bank as Taneycomo. If you want a guided trip on Table Rock, you can get into some great bass. Same for Bull Shoals lake.

About an hour south of there you've got the White River which has some world-class rainbow and brown trout fishing. Lots of public access too.
Hell yeah. My grandparents lived down in Branson for a long time so I spent summers down there growing up, catching 4-5 lb bass with a damn Zebco 33 and never realizing how good I had it. I live more north near STL, they just don't get as big up here as easy it seems. I really feel as though Northern Arkansas/Southern MO is one of the most beautiful underrated areas around. My family is from St Francois County.

Im drag a Mesa Mark V full stack to a show tomorrow night to play songs at 80 bpm punctuated with copious amounts of feedback. That's really how you counteract their feedback is to make your own. Just turn it way the fuck up, stand in front of your rig facing you speakers, and show the crowd your ass.

I'm an old man who can't fuck for shit anymore.
I'm slow and sloppy. I have to use lots of whiskey and coke to last longer than 5 minutes.
But nobody says a fucking word when I bust out my $7k Real Doll that looks like Morgan Fairchild in her prime.
Wait....what were we talking about?

Back