Holy Crap... John Norum content.

Nice stuff especially the second solo.......leans too much on the wah in that first instrumental. Been a fan for years (heck the first Europe album) always hits the home run......

Pretty sure he was using his channel switching JCM800's 2205's and 2210's, diode clipping all the way for Norum! I think he upgrades to KT88's in them though. One of my faves. He has the mojo.

Kapo_Polenton":2urg5jp8 said:
Pretty sure he was using his channel switching JCM800's 2205's and 2210's, diode clipping all the way for Norum! I think he upgrades to KT88's in them though. One of my faves. He has the mojo.
Love Norum!!

On that album I'm pretty sure that he is NOT using the 2205 rig. His is using the 2205's in his current rig but On that Album I'm pretty sure it's a cameron Modded marshall.
It also sounds like that amp is not using el34's but I could be wrong.

:rock:

I stand corrected.... but John Norum makes a shitty solid state practice amp sound like an out of this world amp. His vibrato and phrasing are off the charts. I think he used to do the JMP or plexi goosed by DOD or other overdrive when he started though. You can totally hear the Yngwie vibe in the early stuff.

Gainfreak":370g8tdd said:
Kapo_Polenton":370g8tdd said:
Love Norum!!

On that album I'm pretty sure that he is NOT using the 2205 rig. His is using the 2205's in his current rig but On that Album I'm pretty sure it's a cameron Modded marshall.

Got old 6L6 glass...good ear :D

jcj":2soncmq3 said:
Gainfreak":2soncmq3 said:
Kapo_Polenton":2soncmq3 said:
Love Norum!!

Why I listen hard when Ralph speaks, that guy has some of the best ears that I know of.

So is your amp the one being used as the proto since Brad said that is the amp being released?

Digital Jams":2rxxv2y9 said:
jcj":2rxxv2y9 said:
Gainfreak":2rxxv2y9 said:
Kapo_Polenton":2rxxv2y9 said:
Love Norum!!

Why I listen hard when Ralph speaks, that guy has some of the best ears that I know of.

So is your amp the one being used as the proto since Brad said that is the amp being released?

It is not but it is the same Aldrich/Norum mod that Mark does and is featured in this video. We are building a ground up prototype.

I was a big Norum fan back when, this was one of my favorite cuts he's done but like Kapo said, he could make anything sound good, great hands and Euro feel.

jcj":30rhveqd said:
Gainfreak":30rhveqd said:
Kapo_Polenton":30rhveqd said:
Love Norum!!

hahahha!! Don't pat me on the back just yet, I was hearing 6550's in those clips :D

Digital Jams":368t13p2 said:
jcj":368t13p2 said:
Gainfreak":368t13p2 said:
Kapo_Polenton":368t13p2 said:
Love Norum!!

Thanks brother but look at my reply to JCJ :D

Back