Im currently happy with my gear...anyone else??

Lampshade1973

Are there things I still need...Fuck yeah!...but overall I look forward to jamming and Im digging the guitars and amp I have...3 Musicman guitars and a Taylor acoustic with a 5153 mini and an orange 1x12 with a v30....I need a set neck 2HB guitar and a 2x12 and Ill be totally happy...but otherwise Im not dying to get rid of shit or replace anything...anyone else??

I'm content with what I have now, but I still look at Ebay and all the other forum classifieds every single day. Its a legitimate sickness I have. Thankfully I'm not swimming in credit card debt though. I actually do sell or trade guitars to make room for new ones.

I have more nice gear than I can use and have been unloading items that have been neglected by putting them on consignment at a local guitar shop.

I am very happy with my current rigs for guitar, bass and synth.

I'm happy but gas is a cruel addiction. I don't expect anything better, but I do expect something 'else' LOL

I don't own anything I'm not happy with, but sometimes I buy, sell, or trade out of boredom.

I know my skill level will remain exactly the same, but I've always been easily distracted by shiny things. :D

The problem with marriage (assuming you actually want to stay married) is that the shiny things I used to play with as distractions, are off limits. :LOL: :LOL:

My new Kemper that replaced my last one is fantastic. My Les Paul Axcess is fantastic. I have 2 guitars on order and my Ibby's and EBMMs are all up for sale at this point. Getting something new very shortly that I have been wanting for a while!=

I am for sure!! Just recently within the past month got my dream rig complete.
Diezel VH4S....dual Lynch Box 4x12's and just today Jackson Custom shop to go along with my ESP Custom shop Kamikazie. Gotta get some pics of the set up. :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":1dtvewqj said:
Diezel VH4S....dual Lynch Box 4x12's and just today Jackson Custom shop to go along with my ESP Custom shop Kamikazie. Gotta get some pics of the set up. :LOL: :LOL:

Clips, bitch!!! :rock:

Congrats on the VH4, dude....know you've been missing the first one for years! :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":k9ot93q3 said:
Mailman1971":k9ot93q3 said:

Clips, bitch!!! :rock:

Congrats on the VH4, dude....know you've been missing the first one for years! :LOL: :LOL:
Ha! Thanks Josh!
I had a zoom q3 but it dont want to work these days. :aww:
I hear guys getting killer clips from their phone but I cant get anything decent sounding. Might get another zoom. That thing is awesome for push record and go! ;)
But yeah....for me personally....no amp touches the VH4. Each their own fo' Sho! :rock:

A small, portable high gain amp (engl ironball), a tight compact cab (splawn 2x12), 5 custom shop electrics (would be happy with three), my first guitar ever (classical ibanez), an sm57, apogee duet, reaper....I never browse craigslist or eBay anymore.....very content, a lot more time on my hands now that I'm not finding. In short, finally happy.

I am quite content and am not looking to change anything (with 14 guitars, 2 rigs, a bass with amp and a set of Roland V-Drums I bloody should be), but I'll admit to still looking.

I still have some nagging all-tube amp gas, but I'm looking at a move and a new house in the next year or so and then maybe a Mesa Mark V 25, I also would like a Strat and I may do a Warmoth build, but if I didn't get another piece of gear I would be more than content with what I have.

I am very happy and could go the rest of my life without buying any more...but I won't. Kinda would like a 12-string acoustic, a bass, and maybe a super-Strat-y guitar at some point. The bass would come first as the others are completely non-essential GAS.

I've downsized over the years, happy and grateful with the very modest setup I have. If I was gigging regularly, trying to make a living doing music, or just downright rich, I could justify having more stuff. :D

Wouldn't have GAS at all if I hadn't sold an '81 JCM800 Cameron Aldrich a couple of years ago. Regret that one, big time. I'll either pick up another some day or find someone familiar enough with the mod to do something in the same ballpark.

For me, when the GAS is running wild, I spend too much time tweaking and/or tone-chasing and not enough time practicing to get better. I know enough guys my age (early 40s) with hand problems that it's a constant reminder what a blessing it is to be able-bodied and how I need to get off the keyboard and get on the fretboard.

Shit, I think I just killed the vibe. :LOL: :LOL:

Back