It’s a Wrap!: Soldano SLO 100 - Pre reissue version with Depth, Haynes and DeMartini Mods

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Please reach out if you have a pre-reissue SLO 100 with the Depth, Haynes and DeMartini mod

Thanks!

I have one with depth but not the other options. The loop was also modded by John Suhr before I had it. Works perfect with pedals, none of the issues of a stock one.

Mine is a 2003 and is super clean. Was just thinking about listing it.
John Suhr mods Soldanos? I only think I should have ordered mine with Depth mod. Maybe someday Mike Makes one for me in his spare time. But then again, I am cool without it too.

And there is something about “Demartini mod” here.
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/mike-soldano-called-me.151085/

I have one with depth but not the other options. The loop was also modded by John Suhr before I had it. Works perfect with pedals, none of the issues of a stock one.

Mine is a 2003 and is super clean. Was just thinking about listing it.

Appreciate the note dude, but really focused on finding one with the two additional mods. You should definitely list yours though, they don’t seem to be lasting long once listed

The Haynes mod is so simple to do on your own with any stock SLO. Just unsolder one leg of the bright cap on the lead channel's gain pot. Don't like the tone? Resolder the cap leg. Like It? Either pull the cap out completely, or cover up the cap leg that's up in the air with heat shrink and let it ride.

Mike used to charge $150 for the Haynes mod. To me, that always seemed a little high for drilling one hole, screwing in a $2 switch, and soldering in 2 wires.

The Haynes mod is so simple to do on your own with any stock SLO. Just unsolder one leg of the bright cap on the lead channel's gain pot. Don't like the tone? Resolder the cap leg. Like It? Either pull the cap out completely, or cover up the cap leg that's up in the air with heat shrink and let it ride.

Mike used to charge $150 for the Haynes mod. To me, that always seemed a little high for drilling one hole, screwing in a $2 switch, and soldering in 2 wires.
what was the purpose of that mod?
I find the lead channel way brighter than i ever need..
was it for lower gain settings/ volume?

Back