• Jet City JCA100H

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Jet City JCA100HDM

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Marshall Vintage Modern 2266

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

racerevlon

If you were looking to reduce the number of heads in your arsenal, which ones would you sell, and why? Note: you play in two bands--one rock/metal originals and the other pop/cover tunes.

GO!

Clearly the Marshall Vintage Modern 2266.
I'd probably also sell the Jet City's, the H&K and get either a Bogner XTC or a CAA PT. :)

steve_k":11l3z6i4 said:
I don't understand the question..... :confused:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry, I forgot... Steve, you are exempted from this exam and may go to recess early... :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

Whoa... and is the post # an omen or what?!?! :scared:

racerevlon":2s254kxu said:
And outfit the JCM800 with a nice complement of pedals? Also, Diezel for which and JCM800 for which?

JCM800's take pedals and boosts like a champ, and are great pop/cover amplifiers on their own as well - they sound great with nothing straight into a cabinet :rock: the diezel and JCM800 would mix great, cover each of the styles you want without a problem with just a few easy pedals like an 808/SD1, and you would have tons of versatility and roadworthyness with just two amplifiers without the headache.

thats the first thing that popped into my head when i read your list and what you're trying to do with it. seems like you've been bouncing around it all along :LOL: :LOL:

edit: spelling/grammar

octatonic":21s80tyn said:
or a CAA PT. :)

this is the other amplifier that came to mind if in fact you wouldnt want to be bothered with pedals and a marshall tonality in your lineup, still think the marshall would be more versatile and a much better mix with the VH4

and im not talking re-issue, im talking the real deal :rock: :rock:

From your list to be honest I would keep the Deizel and the Quick Rod and ditch all the rest...(the QR does a great job covering Marshall Tones...)

I would keep the VH4, the JCA100HDM and one of the Splawns, sell the rest and see if you had any gaps in your rig with what you had left over.

If you're not replacing anything, I'd keep the VH4, Quick Rod, JCA100HDM (or the regular 100 if you prefer the tone of that one) and then maybe the Nitro.

W.

Id keep the Marshall and VH4 and sell everything else.

Or sell everything but the VH4 and get a 20th XTC or Suhr 68 plexi

Back