Lil Fokker

cujo":17l17mex said:
Were the fuck do u see religious bigotry ?

Probably in saying those people react this way.... Insert whatever people and whatever action.

I don't have a dog in that fight though.

The amp? Very nice crunch. I don't like the name of it. WTF. No biggie. I could give two shits less about what people think about the name of my amp.

My amp says Rhodes on the front plate that changes color when I change channels.

That LF is right there next to the Cantrell and Helios as next amp to buy though. Some awesome new amps on the way. A great time to be a guitar player.

I don't have a problem with the name "Lil Fokker".

It would go over around my house a lot better than "Pink Taco" I think. :LOL: :LOL:

No offense meant to anyone. :thumbsup:

MOOSEHEADS":2r7otprz said:
I don't have a problem with the name "Lil Fokker".

It would go over around my house a lot better than "Pink Taco" I think. :LOL: :LOL:

No offense meant to anyone. :thumbsup:

^^^^^^ this.

I find Friedman amp names hilarious.

Humor is always acceptable and I think Lil Fokker is great :)

I would laugh every time someone asked me what amp I was playing through if I used one.

I agree its just juvenile. Don't really care much though. If it sounds good and strikes my interest I'll buy. I doubt that the 2 people per year that go into my guitar room will care either, LOL.

Bato":352tdskw said:
RJF":352tdskw said:
I also vote for the traditional Diezel style with a metal grille.

I would also strongly urge Diezel to change the name before full production gets started (if it hasn't already).

I love Diezel amps, they are the best in the biz in my opinion, but with all due respect to Peter and his crew, really.... really... bad choice for an amp name. :confused:

I think it would be pretty embarrassing to have someone come up and compliment you on your tone after a show and ask "what gear are you using?" and you have to answer "uh... a lil fokker..." :doh: :doh:

Why not? It's funny IMHO. Imagine someone really asks you about the tone and you say it's name and then you tell him to take a look at the chassis.....lol.

Or are you a US hardcore christian who has no sense of humor????

Guys, it's only a name, calm down.

I am a Christian actually.... and what the heck does that have to do with anything? You have a problem with that? If you do go deal with it on your own, not around here.

I don't find it funny, like others said, just juvenile. I think Friedmans names are pretty stupid. I like cool names, like Uberschall, Cobra, Fireball, Savage, and I think naming the Diezels after family members is really cool.

I mean, whats next?
Bogner Boner? VHT vagina? Framus finger focker? Two Rock Titty? Friedman deep brown butt hole? Dumble Dirty Sanchez?

Come on ke2! That's not a PROPER Lil' Fokker! This is a proper one, not that modern big thing...
FokkerTriplane2oClock.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm guessing the people who think it's juvenile only watch cheesy comedy films and don't know much about vintage aircraft!

Maybe a picture of a biplane Fokker would be more apt than the triplane, since it's 2 channels, but the Red Baron (one of the most legendary WWI pilots) flew a tri-plane like that.
looping-Fokker.jpg

squank":2co764tf said:
RJF":2co764tf said:

I would also strongly urge Diezel to change the name before full production gets started (if it hasn't already).

I love Diezel amps, they are the best in the biz in my opinion, but with all due respect to Peter and his crew, really.... really... bad choice for an amp name. :confused:

I think it would be pretty embarrassing to have someone come up and compliment you on your tone after a show and ask "what gear are you using?" and you have to answer "uh... a lil fokker..." :doh: :doh:

EXACTLY.

Bato":2co764tf said:
Why not? It's funny IMHO. Imagine someone really asks you about the tone and you say it's name and then you tell him to take a look at the chassis.....lol.

You're the one getting all riled up. Calm down yourself. And why did you have to bring in your religious bigotry to the thread? Come on back out of the gutter and join the rest of us.

The name is simply juvenile. I quit laughing at this kind of humor when I left high school. It's got nothing to do with morality. It's just teenage humor. And let's be honest - how many teenagers can afford a Diezel amp?

I wouldn't buy an amp called 'lil asshole' either.

Did you ever watched the Top Gear episode in Alabama where the guys get the job to "redesign" their cars? They didn't expect these reactions from the "alabamians".

This extreme overreactions reminds me a little bit on this name discussion.

RJF":5z2f50nb said:
Bato":5z2f50nb said:
RJF":5z2f50nb said:

I am a Christian actually.... and what the heck does that have to do with anything? You have a problem with that? If you do go deal with it on your own, not around here.

I don't find it funny, like others said, just juvenile. I think Friedmans names are pretty stupid. I like cool names, like Uberschall, Cobra, Fireball, Savage, and I think naming the Diezels after family members is really cool.

I mean, whats next?
Bogner Boner? VHT vagina? Framus finger focker? Two Rock Titty? Friedman deep brown butt hole? Dumble Dirty Sanchez?

I'm a christian too. So if it's not the reason I really can't understand your problem.
And you are the last person in the world who can tell me where I have to go!!! Understand that?

So with the words of Frank Z.: Shut up and play yer fuckin guitar!

Guys, we're way off task now. :no:
It's a badass amp. Let's talk about the amp, and what our hopes and expectations are for it.

Me":3ogz36l2 said:
I'm guessing the people who think it's juvenile only watch cheesy comedy films and don't know much about vintage aircraft!

+ 1 to this.

I'm not an expert on vintage aircraft but know about the engineering achievements of Anthony Fokker. Now not everyone has to be an aircraft nerd to be able to play Diezel amps (fortunately). But I must admit that when I saw the amp name it came to my mind exactly this, that the most of the folks would take it biased by cheesy comedies(?) and not on the airplane designer/builder. Get out of the box people!

20+ posts here where people "passionately" discuss the amps name. Way to go Peter! This one will be a marketing winner! :LOL: :LOL:

Bato":1jkm1djh said:
RJF":1jkm1djh said:
Bato":1jkm1djh said:
RJF":1jkm1djh said:

I mean, whats next?

I'm a christian too. So if it's not the reason I really can't understand your problem.
And you are the last person in the world who can tell me where I have to go!!! Understand that?

So with the words of Frank Z.: Shut up and play yer fuckin guitar!
Once again, take your religious finger pointing crap someplace else. We are not interested. Religion has nothing to do with the name on this amplifier. Get out of left field and play ball with the rest of us. You are weird.

In your opinion I'm weird but you started a thread in rig talk about amp names. LOL.
Who is weird now? Too much time thinking about silly things? And I only asked what's your problem with the name and I'm still waiting for an answer. So I had to guess. What's wrong with that?
And please let rule a piece of humor.

Btw, Fokker was the constructor of the plane.

Back