Lil Fokker

I think just Fokker sounds better than Lil Fokker.
It's a full sized 100 watt head! And PLEASE something other than Blue.

Yeah, maybe a 50W version should be 'lil Fokker, 100W Fokker, and Herbie style 150W Big Fokker! :)

I have no money for new amps, but if the Fokker came in the Red Baron's livery of Red and White tolex with a black iron cross I'd be forced to buy one and go on stage with a leather flying cap and goggles. :D

Me":2y14931u said:
Yeah, maybe a 50W version should be 'lil Fokker, 100W Fokker, and Herbie style 150W Big Fokker! :)

I have no money for new amps, but if the Fokker came in the Red Baron's livery of Red and White tolex with a black iron cross I'd be forced to buy one and go on stage with a leather flying cap and goggles. :D

I agree with every bit of this post :thumbsup:

ProgFreak":1880sez4 said:
RJF":1880sez4 said:
So this is named after a german airplane pilot?

Do you pay per google search? :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker
Sorry, FAIL.

I'm sure many of the people here were already aware of the Dutch aircraft designer/builder. I certainly was. I've even flown in an F100. But you are being coy to pretend the impact of the name stops there. It makes absolutely NO difference if the amp was even named after Anthony Fokker or not. Putting that name on the front of an amp that will be sold largely in the English speaking world will get a very specific reaction, and you know it. This was, no doubt, one of the reasons for the name choice.

It's condescending and simply incorrect for you to label those who acknowledge the reality here as rubes. If you like the name then you like it. However, hiding behind the aircraft designer's name, as if it somehow shields the reality that it's a homophone for a vulgar term, is just being intellectually dishonest.

Hey Guys,

I have a message into Poppa about ETAs, If we can get a metal grill for an up charge and if blue is the only color. Once I get the answers I will start a order list.

Brad

Brad ? Up charge ? Y is everything an upcharge 2000+ don't get you a metal grill ? C'mon let's be reasonable here I thought the point was to allow broke ass mofo's an affordable amp

cujo":3u5xzc8l said:
Brad ? Up charge ? Y is everything an upcharge 2000+ don't get you a metal grill ? C'mon let's be reasonable here I thought the point was to allow broke ass mofo's an affordable amp

Dont shoot the messenger. :LOL: :LOL: The whole point of the Lil Fokker is price point. Classic Diezel tone at a good price (for a Diezel). Pap tells me the metal grill is so expensive to do. The Fokker is non midi and one serial loop. Kind of a stripped down model with the tones you expect. So at $2499 you get it just as you saw it at NAMM. I will find out what the options are if any and repost back…

B

squank":1ms59ey1 said:
ProgFreak":1ms59ey1 said:
RJF":1ms59ey1 said:
So this is named after a german airplane pilot?

Do you pay per google search? :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker
Sorry, FAIL.

I'm sure many of the people here were already aware of the Dutch aircraft designer/builder. I certainly was. I've even flown in an F100. But you are being coy to pretend the impact of the name stops there. It makes absolutely NO difference if the amp was even named after Anthony Fokker or not. Putting that name on the front of an amp that will be sold largely in the English speaking world will get a very specific reaction, and you know it. This was, no doubt, one of the reasons for the name choice.

It's condescending and simply incorrect for you to label those who acknowledge the reality here as rubes. If you like the name then you like it. However, hiding behind the aircraft designer's name, as if it somehow shields the reality that it's a homophone for a vulgar term, is just being intellectually dishonest.
Unfortunately you did not see the little aircraft logo on the front plate.

I spoke with Papa, it will not have any other color or grill options. It will build and ship as it was shown at NAMM ascetically. As long as the parts come in on time they are looking for a April shipping date to the states. We are placing our initial order Friday.

I just opened up a pre order list here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150747

Get in touch if you want done of the first batch of Diezel Lil Fokker's when they hit the USA. :rock:

cujo":1cqj1zoi said:
Do u do layaway ? Or trade ins ?

Amps won't be ready till April anyway so with your deposit its kind of the same thing as layaway. I will consider quality trades. PM me with what you have.

Brad

Back