Listening to Eat Em and Smile

mystixboi

Some good stuff on here... Billy actually sounds fantastic and not annoying with his chorused out bass tone.

Killer album. I wore out the cassette. Vai's most rocking work probably.
Seen them live and they were incredible.

Love that cd!
Tobacco Road is just such an ass kicker.
Saw the tour that year as well like mentioned above. Tesla just blew me away that show. :rock:

guitup too":l7ooa7l3 said:
Killer album. I wore out the cassette. Vai's most rocking work probably.
Seen them live and they were incredible.

Yes & Yes!! :thumbsup:

I had been dating this hot chick for a while and I wanted to make sure we were, you know, on the same page musically, so I took to see the local show on this tour.

I thought it was really good, but she was blown away. She'd never seen anything like it.

Been married 27 years :D

We still talk about it from time to time. Roth was great, but Vai was INSANE :rock:

For the guys that seen them on tour, remember Vai and Sheehan chasing (and I mean RUNNING) each other around the stage during the solo spot trading these incredible licks, each guy taking it a little further than the previoust time? And Roth riding around on that huge inflatable microphone? LOL

Awesome album! Awesome players! Still fun to listen to.

Didn't Vai use Steve Stevens' rig in the studio?

I never read/heard that ^, I read it was a Lee Jackson Marshall on one side of the stereo spectrum and a Jose Marshall on the other.

Oh yeah. Fantastic album front to back. Saw the tour as well. I believe it was on Halloween night in Toronto. One of my all time faves.

I saw that tour in L.A.

Cinderella opened up for them. Cinderella put on a great show as well.

I saw them on that tour as well. The combination of Billy and Steve was unreal. Dave was just himself, as always.

CP5150":xwye951j said:
Awesome album! Awesome players! Still fun to listen to.

Didn't Vai use Steve Stevens' rig in the studio?

Yes, he did. Steve came in using Carvin stuff and Ted called Stevens and said, can you come down here and help us get a sound. Stevens worked with Vai on coming up with a better tone.

Source: Stevens interview.

The was an EPIC show!!
Nothing came close to the musicianship coupled with stage antics.
I was young and I watched Vai in AWE...seriously, just mouth wide open :LOL: :LOL:

Dave on the big red mic was ridiculously Dave, yet I thought him riding the surfboard was kinda cool.

No doubt Steve was "proving" himself at that time. Being right after VH split and Dave has a "new" band.
That was/is a great album and was a great tour :rock:

GtarLover":3rc9elrv said:
The was an EPIC show!!
Nothing came close to the musicianship coupled with stage antics.
I was young and I watched Vai in AWE...seriously, just mouth wide open :LOL: :LOL:

Dave on the big red mic was ridiculously Dave, yet I thought him riding the surfboard was kinda cool.

No doubt Steve was "proving" himself at that time. Being right after VH split and Dave has a "new" band.
That was/is a great album and was a great tour :rock:
Saw them in Grand Rapids MI...totally insane show. The cassette (yeah, I'm that old) just blew me away. Just played it over and over...

The only other group/show that came close was seeing Living Colour live. 4 guys all doing different things but all in the groove at the same time. Vernon Reid!!!

Back